+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: 5/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 5/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I think Marissa should have been gone this week. However, I don't think she should have gone before Marlee or Priscilla. Marlee danced well, but was obviously ready to go - I don't think she could have handled learning two dances every week. Priscilla simply wasn't as good as Marissa and Marissa has improved every week until this point - like her personality or not. Mario, however, WAS a better dancer and should have outlasted her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2974426;
    I'm kind of at the point where I don't really care if Marissa wins or not. I used to care that the best dancer won, but last year, after being told again and again and again in response by her fans to my rage that the godawful (in personality and ability) Marie was still there that this was a popularity contest as much as a skill contest, and that was alright because they weren't pros, I seemed to have lost my ability to give a damn.

Actually, if Kristi wins this thing, it will only be the second time the best dancer actually came out on top.
    Drew, presumably, being the other one???

FORT Fanatic

I think Kristi is absolutely the best dancer and should be the winner. She is head and shoulders above the rest.

I didn't watch the season with Emmitt Smith, so I can't comment on that season. But I think Drew definitely deserved his win, Apolo deserved his win. He is actually the only one who has come in with no experience in this type of thing whatsoever, and really grew through the season into a great dancer. While I enjoyed watching Helio and Julianne, I do think Mel B. should have won last season. She was clearly the better dancer. And from watching Kelly perform her freestyle the other night again after not having seen it in so long, I still shake my head that she won that first season.

I am definitely rooting for Kristi this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2977265;
    I have to say that Mario was very classy in his exit. Even though Len was spot on with his criticisms of Mario's technical ability he could have expressed it in a nicer way. I'm fine with Mario leaving, because I rarely enjoyed his dancing, however even on his worst day he was better than...

Marissa isn't as bad as Master P, but I want her gone just as badly as I hoped for his demise - I mean exit from the show, of course. as far as you know. Here's my problem. I hate to watch her dance most of the time. I hate her getting the same score for her simple routines that better dancers get for much harder ones. Popularity contest or not this is about good dancing and I hate that she doesn't realize that her winning this would be a travasty of justice. I hate the way she tries to makes being fat OK rather than viewing it as the health risk it is. I hate the way she reminds us at strategic times that she is a cancer survivor as a ploy for sympathy votes.

AMEN!!!

She annoys me so much, she has made this show hard to even enjoy. I haven't watched the performance show live for some weeks now, because the only way I can make it through is to be able to fast forward through her.

I truly don't understand why the judges keep scoring her in the same field as the others... yes, she was at the bottom of the leaderboard this week, but only by one point. I think she should have been at least five or six points lower than Jason.

Please do not let her be in the top three, because I really want to watch the finale live, but if she is there, I will be forced to watch it later so that I can fast forward through her.

FORT Fan

How could Marissa have a huge fan base? She's from Broadway; you have to go sit in the theater to see her. How could she possibly compete for fans with people whose work is broadcast?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2986927;
    How could Marissa have a huge fan base? She's from Broadway; you have to go sit in the theater to see her. How could she possibly compete for fans with people whose work is broadcast?
    I don't think that it is her huge fanbase as much as it is that those who are voting for her are extremely devoted. She mentions on her blog that some of her fans are voting over 600 times in one night for her.

Even in this day with families having multiple cells phones, landlines, and multiple email addresses, that is still just simply crazy to me. She even admits to going home and voting for herself using multiple email addresses and encourages her fans to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;2986987;
    I don't think that it is her huge fanbase as much as it is that those who are voting for her are extremely devoted. She mentions on her blog that some of her fans are voting over 600 times in one night for her.
    With the restricted voting I don't know how the power voting is done, but suspect that there are a lot of people voting for her out of pity or in a deliberate attempt to make a mockery of the show. I cannot accept the notion that there is a sufficient number of people in the world that enjoy watching her dance to explain her continued presence on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2987531;
    With the restricted voting I don't know how the power voting is done, but suspect that there are a lot of people voting for her out of pity or in a deliberate attempt to make a mockery of the show. I cannot accept the notion that there is a sufficient number of people in the world that enjoy watching her dance to explain her continued presence on the show.
    Word. And as far as that story on Marissa's blog about some young girl named Heather voting 615 times for her, I question if that's even possible to do (for one show).

+ Reply to Thread