+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I have a theory... a bit far fetched perhaps, but think of it this way. Perhaps the producers had more input than was announced? I see it going like this... CdlF can't keep going and needs the surgery. The producers know that Shannon has the lowest votes. They have to decide whether to let Shannon go or not. Given the negative publicity associated with Shannon/Derek's "relationship", the producers decide that they must go and tell CdlF that he has to say he's coming back with the full expectation that he won't make it through the week and will "retire."

What do you think?

See the problem is every other contestant prior to her Stacy,Drew, Sabrina etc have all been labeled and scorned as Ringers and yet Kristi somehow has managed to not be affected by it. Kristi but the ring in ringer imo.

I must have missed something. The references to Shannon's "padded" butt? Does she wear padding? Too funny if she does!

For the last dance, she had a fake butt, breast pushups (like she really needed that), hair extensions, and something about her shoes.
    Freely admitted, but still very distastefull, IMO.

Did you notice her face when Christian said he was staying. She knew right then that she was gone.

Well, I'm not sorry to see Shannon go. She had gone about as far as her skills on the dance floor were abel to take her. I do give her credit for working hard on her dances. It may be a blessing in disguise for her. She and Derek can now conduct their little affair in private and then move on. i don't see a stable permanent relationship arising from this encounter.

I do hope Derek comes back next year. His energy and his innovative choreography have definitely been an asset for the show. He is a little immature, but I expect that from someone his age. He just got a little too emotionally invested in his partner.

Much as I like Christian's attitude I'm not sure it is wise for him to continue on the show. I don't understand how Cheryl can possibly choreograph competitive routines at this level without risking re-injury. This is especially true if they make it through to the freestyle rounds.

Predictions - I see Marissa and Christian departing over the next 2 weeks. The sympathy vote may keep Christian in, but I think this would actually do him a dis-service. Mario could also go instead of Marissa depending on his attitude. The final two should be Kristi and Jason, with Kristi emerging as the ultimate victor.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2959720;
    I must have missed something. The references to Shannon's "padded" butt? Does she wear padding? Too funny if she does!
    She admitted on Monday night's show that she was wearing some padding to emphasize certain things including her butt.

MRD

I agree that Kristi has some experience due to her skating, but no one has said bringing in the pro football players is an unfair advantage despite the fact that so far the FB players all have seemed to do exceptionally well in the competition.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Unfair advantage or not, the reality is that having a figure skater or a football player on the show will bring in viewers that would not have watched otherwise. I never watched this show before this season, and Kristy and Jason are the reasons why. It would be difficult casting indeed to find a dozen "stars" who were all completely equal in athletic skill and grace (or lack thereof) and all interested in doing the show, AND have some of those "stars" be well known enough to garner interest from casual viewers like myself.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2959608;
    See the problem is every other contestant prior to her Stacy,Drew, Sabrina etc have all been labeled and scorned as Ringers and yet Kristi somehow has managed to not be affected by it. Kristi but the ring in ringer imo.

Quite honestly, I'm hard pressed to see how any of the others you listed have been affected by it either. If by not being affected you mean she's still in it, then yes she is. However, Drew won it. So, not sure where you meant for that to go... That indicates to me that she has a fan base. It is what it is.

Ringer or not, Kristi is the best of this season. Not only does she have choreography and dance experience, she has one of the best pros in Mark B.

Now does that make a difference? NO. People vote for their FAVORITE not the best dancer. Everyone likes who they like. Having been around dance all my life, I enjoy watching those couples with the best technique and personality. Just like some people like their favorites for other reasons (master P?)

I love Marissa in Hairspray. I paid a lot of money to be front and center to see her on Broadway. She dances up a storm in that show. Is she a ringer? I am way over her real persona. I don't like seeing her dance either. Strictly my opinion.

I don't see how Cristian can really continue. I expect he or Marissa will go next and then Mario and it hopefully wind up with Kristi and Jason for the final two. I so want to see what Mark B. can come up with for the freestyle dance!

Anyone else notice that the Def stuff was filmed at a different time? Loved the whole dance center stuff! I was glad that they "picked" on Tony's teeth rather than attacking Marissa's size. Gotta love a man who will wear blue eye shadow and rhinestones
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread