+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2957119;
    Maybe it's me but I felt like Jason and Edyta's second dance (to the football theme) looked eerily similar to Cameron and Edyta's superman dance last season. I like Jason, but I don't like Edyta because I feel like she uses her male partners as a pole to dance on/around and she recycles dances it seems, IMO.

I feel like Mario or Shannon are going to be handed their walking papers tonight.
    I kinda feel like Karina uses her partners as the pole I'm thinking it will come down to Cristian or Marisa leaving tonight. Hopefully, it's Marisa. I think she has accomplished all that she can - and I'm over her.

To the Point

The fact that Cheryl heard something really does make me wonder about the injury. It could be a muscle popped or tore. I have experienced a muscle tear. It hurt like heck and I thought I heard it when it happened, but I've always assumed that was because the feeling was very much like a pop. It will be interesting to hear the outcome. Also, a tear would certainly explain his inability to use it from that point on. It also can be mistaken for a pull or a cramp. Who knows?! Speculation, speculation...

Also, Shannon just looks awkward, awkward, awkward anytime they do a more latin type dance...she just looks awkward the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2957144;
    The fact that Cheryl heard something really does make me wonder about the injury. It could be a muscle popped or tore. I have experienced a muscle tear. It hurt like heck and I thought I heard it when it happened, but I've always assumed that was because the feeling was very much like a pop. It will be interesting to hear the outcome. Also, a tear would certainly explain his inability to use it from that point on. It also can be mistaken for a pull or a cramp. Who knows?! Speculation, speculation...
    I've known two people that tore biceps muscles, and they had pain in exactly the same place as Christian. From what I could see the biceps muscle was bunched up a bit, which is one of the ways this injury presents itself. I truly hope this didn't happen to him because it is a painful injury that takes a while to heal. Both my friends required surgery and a cast for several weeks.

On to my impressions of last nights performances (going from memory on the day after with no notes):

Jason & Edyta - I thought Jason looked great in the quickstep last night. He moved very well. I didn't think it deserved 10s because he and Edyta were not in sync on a few of the steps. Jason's paso didn't impress me as much. I think the football motif threw him off a little. It looked like he was getting ready to tackle the bull instead of fighting it ala a matador. Still this was a much better outing for Jason than last week when he just didn't look like he was with it.

Kristi & Mark - I thought Kristi performed very well last night in both dances. Her execution was better in the Cha Cha than the waltz. I think that the choreography let her down though. I felt the umbrella was distracting and didn't add anything to the number. Perhaps that affected her execution. I did agree with Len to some extent about the deviations in Cha Cha. While they were wele executed they were not Cha Cha. I wouldn't have marked her down as far as Len did though.

Mario & Karina - Mario is definitely better suited to the latin dances. His foxtrot just did not look smooth. He forced the dance, and it didn't look like he was having fun. This is death in a foxtrot. I thought he did great in his second dance.

Marissa & Tony - Marissa's tango was definitely the best dance of the season for her. She stuck to the expression of the dance and executed well. Her costumes also seemed better to me tonight. She may be losing weight, but more importantly the costumers are figuring out what makes her look the best she can. This is not the same frock that would look good on Shannon. her second dance was OK, not as good as the first.

Shannon & Deryk - I think it's going to take this couple a bit of time to recover from the shenanigans of last week if they last that long. They were definitely walking on eggshells this week with respect to their demenor. They know that their fate is in the hands of the public, and the public's support is fickle. From a dance perspective I thought they did a credible job. It was not great, but it was not bad either. I did love Deryk's choreography, especially that bit at the end.

Christian & Cheryl - Christian's waltz was really good. It's the first time all season where his posture (specifically his head position) didn't bug me. He was smooth and flowing in his approach to the dance. Cheryl's choreography was simple and effective. Christian was doing OK in the second dance before the injury. It wasn't as good as his waltz. I really do hope it's only a cramp, and not a muscle tear. Christian has improved a lot this year. I like him and his attitude (and I love Cheryl).

Conclusions / Predictions - I think Shannon and Mario are in the bottom two tonight. I think the results are a tossup. Christian should be there based on dance performances alone, but I think he will get a sympathy vote. Kristi and Jason should be safe. They both performed well, and they have a strong fan base. Marissa's rabid fans should keep her out of the bottom two, and to be honest, both her dance and her attitude are improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2957437;
    This is very sad news if it is true. I have liked watching Christian's progression this season. He probably wouldn't have made the finals, but he was not by next choice to go. He had a really great attitude throughout the show.

As I said in my post above, I suspect a biceps tear. I hope not because this is a nasty injury that takes a while to recover from. I wish him the best. I am now a fan of his (and a fellow pilot).

gads, Edyta's pants are going to fall off. You can almost see the top of her thighs from how low that skirt is. It doesn't look good just Enough already

Too bad about Cristian. I liked him but it always looked like Cheryl was pushing him around always doing the leading. It was distracitng.

Marissa scored higher than Kristi? That's just not right, and reminds me of the little league where everyone gets a trophy

Mario grows on me

I miss Fabian but not Marlee so much

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin;2956806;
    Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for Marissa. Agreed, I'm sure she's a fine person, but I actually wish she would smile/grimace less. Her smile makes her look like she's straining for a bowel movement.

All things being equal, I'd rather watch Kenny Mayne and Monica Seles dancing together.
    No you are not the only one.. I am sure she can kiss babies, save puppies, and get a cat out of the tree.. but I can't stand her she needs to learn when to shut her mouth. I have, like you, no fun in watching her dance... its not moving to me. I'd rather, and that is MUCH rather, see Kristi dance.. theres feeling in that. Not so much with Marissa. I was really wanting to like her nad see her do well.. now she can go at anytime and take Shannon with her.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular

Margaritaville,
    Thanks for posting Cheryl's quote. Now I'm even more convinced it was staged and he wasn't really injured. The "sweeps" period in television started last Thursday and so many shows are reaching for gimmicks to get people to tune in, anything to increase the drama. DWTS is no different. They get super ratings anyway, but there's always room for improvement, and they know they have to increase the drama/gossip/scuttlebutt to bump things up a bit during November/February/May sweeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;2957660;
    Margaritaville,
    Thanks for posting Cheryl's quote. Now I'm even more convinced it was staged and he wasn't really injured. The "sweeps" period in television started last Thursday and so many shows are reaching for gimmicks to get people to tune in, anything to increase the drama. DWTS is no different. They get super ratings anyway, but there's always room for improvement, and they know they have to increase the drama/gossip/scuttlebutt to bump things up a bit during November/February/May sweeps.
    FWIW, I did frame by frame on the TiVo and it looks for sure that he has a muscle or tendon tear. The muscle didn't look right. I'm not a doc, but have many years of working in hospitals under my belt and he looked to be seriously injured. The fact that they acted right away with compression and ice only adds to my interpretation. If it was a cramp, they would have done heat and massage.

Aw, I really hope he will be okay! I love watching him and Cherly!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread