+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 4/22 Show Discussion ***Spoiler***

Re: 4/22 Show Discussion ***Spoiler***

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;2941724;
    OK, so I've read this entire thread and not a single post defends or at least gives Shannon & Derek a chance.... I find that pretty harsh! I have to agree with S&D - How can Bruno give out a 10 to a routine with a lift????? What's the point with rules if the judges only follow them when they feel like it???? I wish the judges would keep the same rules for everyone!

That said, I wish S&D could have been a bit more tactful in their confessional!

K
    Yes, a lift is supposedly always penalized. Hard for Shannon or anyone else to bring Derek down if he's such a pro. I get the feeling Derek can take care of himself.

The Shannon/Derek so-called romance talk is so high school corny and smells like National Enquirer. Couldn't believe how Samantha prodded. People who want to hide something usually don't pose for pictures.

Back to the dancing . . .

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2940779;
    Shannon and Derek really needed to keep their mouths shut. That was very juvenile! It also showed a lack of class in my opinion. This is a dance competition for celebrities for heavens sake...get over it. I think she looks very awkward when she dances. Every time I see her dance, especially in really short costumes, I think her legs were only intended for walking and/or admiring (for some). They just look strange.

I agree that Drew would be a huge improvement over Samantha. I loved it when he filled-in. She is just terribly inept.
    ITA. She's got a cute figure, but she reminds me of a Clydesdale when she dances. The hissy fit was amusing to me. I can't believe they get that worked up over something that isn't even their career (I'm talking about the "stars," not the pro dancers). The little kids dancing have so much more poise and grace than some of these adults. I used to like Derek but he's bugging me this season, too. Stop with all the face mugging! Sheesh!

If they're dating, good for them. I don't care. But Samantha--grow a pair and either ask the question or don't ask it. Why dance around it (yes, pun intended). It's not even that personal of a question, all things considered: "Hey, we all saw the photo of you two kissing on the beach. Are you two dating?" And then let them say what they will. Personally, if I were famous I'd most likely deny deny deny...but it's hard to deny when a question isn't even really asked. And if you're not going to ask the question, just stop with all the innuendos. UGH!

I'm happy that Apolo and Julianne will be back to dance together for the 100th episode! They're such a cute couple...

I actually think Drew had very little personality and a lackluster voice when he subbed for Samantha. That said, he was still better than her.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 04-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;2941724;
    How can Bruno give out a 10 to a routine with a lift????? What's the point with rules if the judges only follow them when they feel like it???? I wish the judges would keep the same rules for everyone!
    CarrieAnn mentioned during the "judging is stressful and we aren't perfect" segment that they sometimes miss things and I can only assume that Bruno missed that lift and even though CA called them on it, he can't really penalize for something he didn't see. I think that he gave them a 10 to spite Len who said it was too raunchy and forgot to deduct for the lift like CA did.

Loved to see that christian was doing so good.
    I am disgusted by how Shannon and Derek reacted. Good to hear that the public were booing when Derek was talking about the other pairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789