+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Show Discussion ***Spoiler***

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/22 Show Discussion ***Spoiler***

Couple things

Shannon has changed Derek for the worst. I feel he and Julianne seem like very nice well raised young people, and Shannon is changing him for the worst. Please Derek get your head, your little one, out of your mind and get back on track. Shannon is the most insecure whiniest brat I have ever had the displeasure to see.

My hubby and I had a conversation last night during the show that we wondered sometimes if the other couple they say is in the bottom two is just random and not really the bottom. I really just cannot see how Christian, Marissa, and especially Shannon were higher in votes than Mario.

Lastly, I wish voters would separate the pros with the stars and their abilities. Derek while one of my faves is not going to get me to vote for Shannon. She cannot dance, her personality is grating, and she is completely awful towards the gifts she has in life. I think she needs a reality check that she is not a good actress, not a good dancer, and quite frankly not good enough for Derek.

FORT Fogey

I am glad to see that there are others who feel like I do about Shannon and Derek's whiney outburst last night. I really hope that they are the ones to go next week.

MRD

I agree, it seems like Shannon has changed Derek for the worse. He had some nerve last night to lash out like he did. It's his job to dance and to train his "star" to dance, not to berate the judges and that could well backfire on him.
    and I do think that their outburst will hurt them next week.
    And her coy apology was also a turn off. It didn't seem real, it seemed like she was trying really hard to be sorry but wasn't.

I'd like to see the final three be Jason, Christian and Kristi. Get rid of Shannon, then Mario and then Marissa.

I only thought Marissa was obnoxious, but she is not nearly as bad as Shannon. At least Marissa seems gracious and eager to learn and not needing a box of kleenex for her confessional.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

well, Marissa did need the kleenix for the first couple of weeks, then the judges lightened up on her.
    maybe Shannon is just hoping for the same effect. (j/k there) I liked Shannon - but last nights pityfest was out of line.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2940076;
    I think that Mario suffers some from the Karina curse. I thought he danced beautifully last night and I like his attitude. It would have been a shame for him to leave tonight.

Up until tonight, I have liked Shannon just fine, but her and Derek's outbursts gave me a little pause to think again. Her dancing hasn't been that good for them to take the attitude they did. It may well lose them a lot of votes... and so be it.
    Sadly my DVR DIDNT record.. can anyone fill me in on what their outbursts were exactly? I am not a huge Shannon fan.. but I did like Derek ;/

And as much as I do feel Marlee needed to go.. her timing was off, a lot. I wish she had one more week so Marissa could have gone. I so wanted to see her do well (as someone who is not and never was or will be a size 4) she should be given a lot or credit for doing this because it is hard when you are in better shape and condition.. but lord gawd woman... SHUT YOUR MOUTH. I can respect that she is excited and happy and what not.. but she’s way too over board. I am much happier seeing an interview with someone like Kristi who has a bit more class and knows how to be slightly more restrained even if she is happy and excited. My eardrums thank her at the very least, lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2939610;
    Anyone else groan when they fixed the sound on Samatha's mike a few min. ago. I was hoping that they had her muted permanently.
    I wish they would just bring Drew Lachey (sp?) back as the permanent co-host. Samantha is boring and her "backstage banter" is often quite awkward.

To the Point

Shannon and Derek really needed to keep their mouths shut. That was very juvenile! It also showed a lack of class in my opinion. This is a dance competition for celebrities for heavens sake...get over it. I think she looks very awkward when she dances. Every time I see her dance, especially in really short costumes, I think her legs were only intended for walking and/or admiring (for some). They just look strange.

I agree that Drew would be a huge improvement over Samantha. I loved it when he filled-in. She is just terribly inept.

FORT Fogey

For me Marissa's personality does not grate on my nerves. When you are heavy, you sometimes have to rely on other attributes to get attention. She is in a very very hard industry being completely different than the norm. I find her to be a breath of fresh air, and I say you go girl. I would rather have her and Tony happy than Shannon and her boo hoo tell me I am hot again outburts.

I agree that Shannon is bring Derek down. I couldn't believe he lashed out at the judges in their "confessionals". So unlike him, but it shows how emotionally invested he is in Shannon. I think it is time for her to get the boot. I'd hate to see Derek lose his spot on DWTS because of her!!

I really like Marlee, but I think it for the best that she left before the start of two dances per week. She is a class act, now if only Marissa and Shannon could take a page from her book....geez one is always crying and the other laughing
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2941004;
    I agree that Shannon is bring Derek down. I couldn't believe he lashed out at the judges in their "confessionals". So unlike him, but it shows how emotionally invested he is in Shannon. I think it is time for her to get the boot. I'd hate to see Derek lose his spot on DWTS because of her!!

OK, so I've read this entire thread and not a single post defends or at least gives Shannon & Derek a chance.... I find that pretty harsh! I have to agree with S&D - How can Bruno give out a 10 to a routine with a lift????? What's the point with rules if the judges only follow them when they feel like it???? I wish the judges would keep the same rules for everyone!

That said, I wish S&D could have been a bit more tactful in their confessional!

K

+ Reply to Thread