+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2902824;
    Yeah, but Marissa got the Tony for the lead in Hairspray, which is a musical about a girl who wins a dance competition. She danced on stage every night for the duration of her run on Broadway. That's why many of us expected more from her. I at least expect her to suck it up and be a pro.

Her peppy attitude doesn't bother me a bit, but her emotional whining routine does. How can someone go through the whole audition/rejection process that is inherent in all theatrical shows and not grow a thicker skin?
    Its all for show. Would we really be talking about this if she wasn't acting that way? I am all for Marissa but this has got to stop. None of the other contestants are acting this way. However, Tony, grr! He totally uses this to his advantage and makes her into more of a sniffling baby!

Once again Kristi and Mark where the gold standard, although it could have been more passionate, but technically it was amazing.

I love Jason and I think he's in my top 3, but that did not deserve a 29, I could see a 26 or 27 maybe.

Add Shannon to the list that was way over scored. Her dance was not better than Marlee's. It was boring and her arms... aack! Just awful! Watching the clip at the end of the show, where they are recapping, her arms were atrocious. No way she deserved her scores. Seriously, she needs to take a few ballet lessons so clean up her arms and hands.

I love the Houghs, but Derek's choreography isn't as good as his sister's or Mark's. Gotta give Julianne credit for making Adam even tolerable. To be fair, Mark has had partners who are technically advanced so he doesn't have to hide their lack of skills with the choreography.

Marissa's costume was just the worst. I actually liked that the skirt was a bit longer, but the yellow bodice, ouch!

I think Mario, Marissa and Adam are all in trouble. It could anyone of those three going home.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2902920;
    Once again Kristi and Mark where the gold standard, although it could have been more passionate, but technically it was amazing.

I love Jason and I think he's in my top 3, but that did not deserve a 29, I could see a 26 or 27 maybe.

Add Shannon to the list that was way over scored. Her dance was not better than Marlee's. It was boring and her arms... aack! Just awful! Watching the clip at the end of the show, where they are recapping, her arms were atrocious. No way she deserved her scores. Seriously, she needs to take a few ballet lessons so clean up her arms and hands.

I love the Houghs, but Derek's choreography isn't as good as his sister's or Mark's. Gotta give Julianne credit for making Adam even tolerable. To be fair, Mark has had partners who are technically advanced so he doesn't have to hide their lack of skills with the choreography.

Marissa's costume was just the worst. I actually liked that the skirt was a bit longer, but the yellow bodice, ouch!

I think Mario, Marissa and Adam are all in trouble. It could anyone of those three going home.

I agree with most of your comments. Jason was good, best of the men, but didn't deserve a 29. He had a couple of stumbles for heaven's sake.

Shannon continues to improve and work hard and I like her, but she didn't deserve a 10 either. You mentioned her arms but her feet also weren't clean. She was off balance on the point turns at the end and Derek had to save her. Great cover by Derek - I'll bet most people didn't notice it. Len obviously didn't.

Marlee was definitely underscored. Her expression of the music was flawless. I'm going to add that piece of music to my Vienese waltz mix. Her only fault was that she didn't get into the flowing turns as often as is expected of that particular dance. Carrie Ann - how could you be so emotionally moved by Marlee's performance and not give her a better score?

Kristi continues to excel. I was a little surprised by Len's remark about the difficulty of the turning jump across Mark. For her that was a walk in the park. She's used to doing tripple revolution jumps on ice skates for god's sake. She's still my pick for the championship.

Ha Ha Ha... Dancing Dad... I was so put off by the upperbody on Shannon that I didn't even see her feet! But I have noticed it at other times.

I have to think that Carrie Ann's emotionality with Marlee is do in part to Marlee's disability and her ability to still dance so beautifully. It is hard to not be influenced by this extra challenge that Marlee and Fabian have overcome. So she is moved to tears, but still scores her the same as Marissa? What's up with that!

Is it my imagination, or did Marissa look slimmer last night? The fact that she is barely (if even) 5 feet tall makes her look heavier and proportionally she has very short legs. Even with the hideous costume, she appeared more toned and slimmer in last nights dance. The DWTS magic weighloss is at work again
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2903131;
    Is it my imagination, or did Marissa look slimmer last night? The fact that she is barely (if even) 5 feet tall makes her look heavier and proportionally she has very short legs. Even with the hideous costume, she appeared more toned and slimmer in last nights dance. The DWTS magic weighloss is at work again
    She may have slimmed down a little. Dancing 6hrs per day can do that. I sure wish I had the opportunity. I could get back to my college weight in no time. I think it was also partially the cosutme. It wasn't as hideous as the last few sequined potato sacks they put her in.

Speaking of hideous costumes - what was up with Priscilla? 60+ year old women shouldn't wear sheer tops, or even something that appears to be sheer. They risk having everyone run the other way in anticipation of what is coming towards them.

FORT Fogey

Adam cannot dance to save his life but I adore the guy. I would love to see him stay one more week. It appeared, to me, that the judges gave Marissa a bloated score to assure Adam going. She did not deserve 24 so that is the only reason that makes sense to me.

Marissa and Julianne are tied for worst costume. Last week Julianne looked terrible in that red wig and dress Maude would have worn.

Pricilla and Marissa can go anytime. Pricilla is okay dancing but she is humorless and has no personality. I am done with both of them for opposite reasons.

Adam HAS to stay for Julianne's sake! Next week is the latin round and I want to see what routine Julianne comes up with for Adam.

So please, PLEASE, please let Adam be safe tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2903886;
    Adam HAS to stay for Julianne's sake! Next week is the latin round and I want to see what routine Julianne comes up with for Adam.

So please, PLEASE, please let Adam be safe tonight!

Dude . . .

Love, ya.

MEAN it.

And I love Julianne, too!

But after last night with that unicycle upchuck (and no, I DON'T think that was Julianne's idea; I think Adam might've loudtalked/bullied her into allowing/going along with that crap), much as I'd LOVE to see what she could come up with for the Latin round (remember her Latin routines with Apolo, especially!), Adam needs to DIE.

It is SO unfortunate that she'll die with him (WHENEVER he goes) . . .

But, at least she'll be able to go promote her album, or something!

Love ya, Dude!
    Last edited by ness; 04-08-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Premium Member

according to DI Priscilla & Louis have the lowest score so we may see the end of them but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2904025;
    And I love Julianne, too!

But after last night with that unicycle upchuck (and no, I DON'T think that was Julianne's idea; I think Adam might've loudtalked/bullied her into allowing/going along with that crap), much as I'd LOVE to see what she could come up with for the Latin round (remember her Latin routines with Apolo, especially!), Adam needs to DIE.

It is SO unfortunate that she'll die with him (WHENEVER he goes) . . .

But, at least she'll be able to go promote her album, or something!

Love ya, Dude!
    Aww thanks ness, like you too!

BUT, Julianne MUST stay, Adam be DAMNED!

The unicycle was cheesy, but it was entertaining and how can you not like the judges reviews of his routine?

Carrie Ann: It was smooth and it was dramatic and your turns were fantastic.....and then you got off the unicycle!

Bruno: You are the classic example that genious and insanity go hand in hand. Unfortunately when it comes to dance, the insanity takes over.

I know Adam is crude and rubs alot of people the wrong way, but I do find him entertaining and I think his dancing is much more fun than Marissa who hasn't shown me much of anything yet. So I think she should go tonight.

I think a Julianne/Adam latin round would be awesome. TPTB MAKE IT SO!

+ Reply to Thread