+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2901606;
    Jason and Edyta wow! 29!

Cheryl really got mad at Cristian duriing rehearsal, I don't think that was an act. And her outfit tonight - my goodness.
    She seemed irritated with him after the dance tonight, too. Anyone know what she was so upset about?

Oh, and I'm wondering why lifts are bad, but a flip over someone's arm is OK. Karineh definitely had two feet off the floor with that move at the end of their paso. Not complaining. I thought it was cool, but why is something like that OK when it's much more dangerous/showy that a lift like Priscilla did?

And finally. I think Adam is funny, and I'll miss him if he goes. This week. Marissa did better this week, but I've still had enough of her perkiness. I find that much more irritating that Adam's abrasiveness. (shudders)
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-07-2008 at 11:57 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2902095;
    Oh, and I'm wondering why lifts are bad, but a flip over someone's arm is OK. Karineh definitely had two feet off the floor with that move at the end of their paso. Not complaining. I thought it was cool, but why is something like that OK when it's much more dangerous/showy that a lift like Priscilla did?
    They consider anything a lift, if you can't do it unsupported. Pricilla's spin was a lift because Louie was lifting her off the ground. The flip could have been done without the partner's help. In the first season Alex tossed Kelly around quite a bit which gave them bigger scores and made their routines more exciting to watch. I think they stopped allowing them, because of the danger and because not all of the couples were capable of doing the fancy stuff. That would explain why there are allowed in the free style during the finale - only the best would presumably get that far.

FORT Regular

Overall, the pasos were disappointing. Kristi did fine again. I thought it was a bit over scored but everyone was and she was the best. I like Mark but I find his choreography the same every week. Maybe it is not Kristi, but Mark. It is like he is choreographing for Sabrina versus trying to choreograph for Kristi. That is where I think the Houghs are stronger than him. They dance standard/smooth better but choreograph to their partners. JMO. I am not saying the choreography is bad, it is good. But I am realizing now maybe some of that aggressive dancing in Sabrina last year was partly due to Mark's choreography.

I loved Shannon and Marlee's dances. They were my favorites tonight. After all Shannon and Derek went through this week, I am happy for them and that dance.

My three favs for the night were Kristi, Marlee, and Shannon. Marlee was underscored and Jason was overscored. No one else would have gotten away with the stumbles he had and not been slammed for them. It's time for Adam to go - PLEASE. The unicycle was distracting, but the dancing was disastrous.

FORT Fogey

I thought Shannon was once again boring. Her legs look so odd during her dancing, and her underconfidence feed my ego personality is just grating. Derek has two years now had to have women like that. They know they are pretty, but seemingly have to be told every two seconds. I love Julianne and love how even though she is the most adorable girl she is humble and has a great personality. I don't know what happened to Cheryl, but she has become a brat. Did anyone catch the segment on ET where her and Christian were interviewing each other. He asked her what she thought when she heard she was being paired with Christian and her response was something like Christian who? He looked really hurt by it, and to me not in a teasing way.

I am voting for Jason/Edyta. I know she does not have the best choreography, however she is very very positive, has always seemed gracious with her partners, and Jason is doing well.

As for Marissa, why is it because she is fat to some that implies she is looking for the sympathy vote? So if you are overweight you need sympathy? I see a woman who is in the business who needs her abilities to carry her through because she is not a talentless body like Shannon. I see her trying so hard to be and do what the fans want, and when she does good she is excited. I see nothing wrong with someone who is trying and actually enjoys it when she does well. Since when is having a happy personality a bad thing?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2901694;

WASN'T it, though?

I'm beginning to think there's some truth to the rumor that someone in the costume department hates her.
    Add the make-up dept to that as well.. they make her look like a hag! It really is sad :/
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2902733;
    As for Marissa, why is it because she is fat to some that implies she is looking for the sympathy vote? So if you are overweight you need sympathy? I see a woman who is in the business who needs her abilities to carry her through because she is not a talentless body like Shannon. I see her trying so hard to be and do what the fans want, and when she does good she is excited. I see nothing wrong with someone who is trying and actually enjoys it when she does well. Since when is having a happy personality a bad thing?

I do not think Marissa is fat. She is a little heavy, but certainly not fat. I think she is adorable and I would much rather watch her than someone like Shannon. Marissa improved tremendously this week and to me that is what the show is about. I love Marissa's perkiness and enthusiasm.

I loved watching Shannon - she has really earned my respect this season. She does seem to be working very hard and I think she is coming across graceful and quite lovely to watch. And Derek is just so darn charming, just like his sister.
    I just can't get into Marissa this season. Not because she is overweight - I am too. I don't see the weight being the issue in her need for constant approval. It is the crying , whining, and hyper grinning/posturing that bother me. I'm ready for her to go home. (after Adam)

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2902333;
    My three favs for the night were Kristi, Marlee, and Shannon.
    Me too, and I am tremendously relieved. Every season prior to this, my favourites have always been men and I was starting to think I had issues of some sort, but apparently not. However, I will admit that my absolute favourite this season was Steve, but that was just because he was so freakin' adorable. Dance-wise, though, these women are the cat's pajamas.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2901700;

Tony actually admits to dumbing down his routines. I'm not sure why the judges would expect more from her because of the Tony. Not all stage performances are musicals.
    Yeah, but Marissa got the Tony for the lead in Hairspray, which is a musical about a girl who wins a dance competition. She danced on stage every night for the duration of her run on Broadway. That's why many of us expected more from her. I at least expect her to suck it up and be a pro.

Her peppy attitude doesn't bother me a bit, but her emotional whining routine does. How can someone go through the whole audition/rejection process that is inherent in all theatrical shows and not grow a thicker skin?

+ Reply to Thread