+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2844489;
    Definitely has the flexibility and dance training, but will she be able to work those, somewhat raunchy, sexy latin numbers? Or will she be stiff and prim.

Love Mark's choreography... he is one of the best, even better than Derek.

I'm also a fan of Kristi's. Elegance? Definitely. But I wonder about the sexy latin dances and the Jumpin' Jive.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I remember Ekaterina Gordeeva (fantastic pairs skater/gold medalist) saying that when she and her skating partner got married, they were HORRIBLE ballroom dancers 'cause they could only dance/move well when they were gliding on ice. Anyhow, I like Kristi and I hope she does really well (and Marlee, too!).

Yes, LoisLane, I just heard an interview with Kristy where she admitted that she is a lot clumsier on her feet than on ice skates. I'm still looking forward to watching her.

I've also seen her do some sexier routines on ice after she turned professional, so I wouldn't think that is as much of a problem.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

dancing and skating are quite different--kristi said in an interview that she has to get used to moving at every beat of the music instead of just gliding along and doing a jump or step at a certain moment of the music. she also isn't used to performing or even wearing high heels, either. anyway, all of the female stars this season seem to have some dance experience. shannon elizabeth had eight years of jazz, tap and ballet. and, for the men, mario is a hip-hop dancer. i think dwts may have been trying to make a point after some complained about sabrina last year--that dance experience other than ballroom doesn't matter when it comes to this competition. and, i just want to say, go mark!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2846287;
    dancing and skating are quite different--kristi said in an interview that she has to get used to moving at every beat of the music instead of just gliding along and doing a jump or step at a certain moment of the music. she also isn't used to performing or even wearing high heels, either. anyway, all of the female stars this season seem to have some dance experience. shannon elizabeth had eight years of jazz, tap and ballet. and, for the men, mario is a hip-hop dancer. i think dwts may have been trying to make a point after some complained about sabrina last year--that dance experience other than ballroom doesn't matter when it comes to this competition. and, i just want to say, go mark!

I think SYTYCD makes that point, too. Dancers may be outstanding in their own genres, and only so so in others.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kristi perform! She was always a favorite on the ice; I hope she can translate skills to the dance floor. She certainly has the mental strength and work ethic to take and use criticism to overcome weaknesses.
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

This team is going to be lethal. Theres a lot of talent here. I love them as a a pair. I hope he gets redemption from being robbed of at least 2nd place last season.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I agree.

Does anybody know if he and Sabrina are still together?

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2848412;
    I agree.

Last time I checked they were, they hosted a party together or something.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2848412;
    I agree.

according to http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/03/16 they are. mark says they talk everyday by video conferencing through their computers and that she is about to wrap the movie in india and then will be in the ballroom cheering him and kristi on.

FORT Newbie

What many people don't know is that Kristi was a pairs skater with Rudy Galindo. They won the junior title at the U.S. championships in 1986. The two years later, she won the ladies' singles and with Galindo, also won the pairs titles at the 1988 World Junior Pair Championships. In 1989 Yamaguchi and Galindo won the senior U.S. championships pairs title and won again in 1990.

I thought Kristi and Mark were the best. I'm hoping that we'll get to see some lifts. Priscilla performed a "death spiral" with her partner last night. Kristi knows how to do one on ice.

+ Reply to Thread