+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

FORT Regular

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Derek, Mark and Julianne are the future of DWTS and I like that, but Louis is the best dancer and choreographer on the show. I am sure Mark would agree as well. As for pieces to show case himself, I do not see Cheryl or Derek doing that in their first season and Derek had Jennie, a weaker dancer. Fan base wise, I think it has nothing to do with how long you last on the show. Maks built quite a fan base after his first season and Tia left before the two dances too.

Of course Mark gives Kristi more difficult choreography, no other female celeb besides maybe Stacey was been as talented as her. If he did not, the judges wil call him out on it. I agreed with the judges this past week on the choreography. Tricks, props and even hip hop moves work if you want to deflect from the celeb's weakness. Instead, Mark should have Kristi do more dancing. Again, no more Kristi standing there while he does leaps in the air. Kym did not do that for Joey Fatone, who was also a good dancer or Julianne for Apolo who was not a dancer or performer. If Mark's partner was like Monica, I understand but it is Kristi.

I guess she is so good that I am analyzing the choreography and dancing more intently. I am such a Kristi fan I want her to get the absolute best choreography for her. I will be bummed if she loses. In the end, as long as more showcasing of Kristi's dancing and having her dance (no more spins and knee drop Mark, we see it every dance as well as the spinning Kristi and drop to Mark's knees...redundant).

I loved their foxtrot, jive and rumba. I hope Mark takes more of that approach because those were great dances.
    Last edited by pinkberry30; 05-03-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Ok Mark and Kristi, Time to step it up and pull out all the stops!! But especially in the emotional parts of the dance!! You two need to show more personality if you have any hopes of winning. Can hardly wait to see Mark's freestyle. America is not emotionally invested in this couple .... yet. You are really going to have to sell it!
    Tahoe bound....

Go get 'em Kristi & Mark. I'm really looking forward to their finals routines. I hope they keep the routines fun and upbeat like their first Jive routine. That really showed off their personalities and their expression best. Kristi has a great fun-loving personality. I think with the right routine she can show it off.

Kristi & Mark don't do as well with the sexy stuff. I just don't think she's comfortable with it. I think that is why some people find her expression lacking. She's a happily married wife and mom. I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing a really sexy routine with an attractive partner who is much younger than me on national TV with my family watching. I don't care if they had told me it was OK to do so. The fun, peppy stuff I'd be fine with.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2995202;
    Kristi & Mark don't do as well with the sexy stuff. I just don't think she's comfortable with it. I think that is why some people find her expression lacking. She's a happily married wife and mom. I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing a really sexy routine with an attractive partner who is much younger than me on national TV with my family watching. I don't care if they had told me it was OK to do so. The fun, peppy stuff I'd be fine with.
    Wow, I thought the dance when he pulled the clip out of her hair was very sexy! It wasn't "dirty" sexy but "left me wanting more" sexy which is better IMO.
    ~Robyn~

Quote Originally Posted by robynbird;2995910;
    Wow, I thought the dance when he pulled the clip out of her hair was very sexy! It wasn't "dirty" sexy but "left me wanting more" sexy which is better IMO.

I agree robynbird: I thought that dance was plenty sexy. I think that the emotion is the only thing that the judges can glomb onto for criticism since Kristi is clearly the best dancer and somehow that's really stuck with some. Most of the married couples don't have an unrestrained lust vibe between them. The Latin guys are good at projecting this, but what other couples really have that vibe this season?

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2965470;
    Kristi gets on my nerves. I hope she exits before the finals.
    Really? Why so? I think she is doing a pretty good job!

Mark needs to stop with the fishface. He's taking the nickname away from "Look-At-Me" Louie.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2996167;
    Really? Why so? I think she is doing a pretty good job!
    I agree! The only probem i have had with her.. and i DO love her to death and have for years... is her smile on some moves. Is as if, and if so understandable, shes got the skater vibe going on. Like how they have huge smiles after jumps.. it tends to kill he mood of the dance at times.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3002169;
    Mark needs to stop with the fishface. He's taking the nickname away from "Look-At-Me" Louie.
    'Tis true. But, I think Mark is VERY theatrical and his faces are a result of this. Louis is just a knob looking for attention.

FORT Regular

Mark and Louis are both look at me types. Mark maybe theatrical, but look at his costumes and even the dancing. He is as much of a show off as Louis.

I actually think Mark's dancing and choreography is hurting Kristi in terms of not reaching her potential. But will it impact her winning? No because Kristi is the best despite not really having a great dances consistently since week 6 in my opinion. Her last really good dance until that tango was her first jive.

+ Reply to Thread