Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

PROFESSION:
    Tony Award winning Broadway star

PARTNER:
    Tony Dovolani

BACKGROUND:
    Marissa Jaret Winokur is best known for creating the role of "Tracy Turnblad" in the hit Broadway musical Hairspray, a performance for which she won a Tony Award, Drama Desk Award and an Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress. Winokur has since been seen in the Farrelly Brothers film Fever Pitch and the television series Stacked. She just finished filming the series lead in a new pilot called Fugly, for 20th Century Fox and CBS and is currently working as one of the leads in the Lifetime movie Betrayals.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Another celeb I really don't know anything about, but I'll give her every shot at capturing my interest. I've never been a fan of Tony's, although I don't dislike him like I do Maks, but I hope Tony has learned some lessons from past seasons and learned to work more with his partner's style and assets and not try so hard to make them do things that aren't in their best interest. I'd like to see Marissa go far, so do good by her, Tony, please.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I saw her on Broadway in Hairspray and she was fantastic! She can dance and sing. I was really surprised that they didn't cast her in the movie. Maybe she looks too old now, that was some time ago. Maybe she'll get a chance to sing too.
    Tahoe bound....

Hey, Nemeses . . .

I'm with you.

I don't HATE Tony, but I agree that he seems to try to push his partners farther than they're able to go.

And I truly hope he doesn't try that with Marissa.

I'm waiting to see how their partnership shapes up.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

to be honest I don't her lasting very long. Great personlaity, but can she really do ballroom. I bet she'll be funny on the show though.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

She did a pretty good job. It was fun to see Ricki Lake in the audience supporting her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

She was adorable and charming. I can't help but like her. She has a Tony, so she's very talented. I hope she goes far.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

An small item in the news:

Winokur Begged to Do 'Dancing'
    By DERRIK J. LANG, AP
    12 hours ago

LOS ANGELES Marissa Jaret Winokur didn't have to be swayed into being on "Dancing with the Stars."

"I keep hearing these stories how people turned it down a few times," Winokur said at the William S. Paley Television Festival on Friday. "I banged on their doors. 'Please let me do this show. Please! Please! Please!' It's lived up to all my expectations."

The 35-year-old actress, who won a Tony Award in 2003 for playing Tracy Turnblad in Broadway's "Hairspray," strained to speak during the panel because she said she's beginning to lose her voice.

"I just talk too much," joked Winokur, who's partnered with professional dancer Tony Dovolani on the show.

Winokur and husband Judah Miller are expecting their first child. Winokur, who had cervical cancer seven years ago, said the baby is being carried by a surrogate mother and is due in four months.

Other participants in the Paley festival's "Dancing with the Star" panel were hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris; judges Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli; professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Derek Hough and Julianne Hough; celebrities Cristian de la Fuente, Drew Lachey, Jane Seymour and Kristi Yamaguchi and executive producer Conrad Green.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love her and I love how she doesn't let her weight keep her from doing this! She is a great inspiration, IMO!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast