+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Re: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Glad to see you are back Bama! We missed you last week
    Tahoe bound....

I wanted to like her, but instead Iím finding her increasingly annoying. Yes, she is a Broadway performer and a Tony Award winner. So she should be performing better. Mostly she mugging, making faces, jumping around, and Ė oh yes, cryingĒ ďOh, I messed up boo hoo, I canít lift my leg like Shannon, and I canít do a death spiral like Priscilla, sniff sniff, but I smile and laugh a lot and ARENTíT I CUTE even though Iím not a size 2, love me, love me, Iím so bubby you have to adore me.Ē

She needs to tone it down several notches.

I also see some sexism re: the guys versus Marissa. (Her 21 score was too hign, IMO) Penn tried his best (he even lost 50 lbs before the competition started), and he got snaky (even mean) comments from the judges about his weight, height, and feet. He took it in stride. I donít like Adam, but he also gets snarky comments. If anyone on the show said anything about Marissaís weight you know there would be a huge uproar. The only one yammering on and on about Marissaís weight is Marissa.

I was even afraid to say that here, but that is exactly how I feel about her Tango. and I am a very overweight woman. She isn't doing me any favors with her actions on this show.
    I was giving her a break, thinking she was just young and bubbly - but she is 35!!!

I would not mind a larger female going on to show how it can be done - but she is way overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2877059;
    I was even afraid to say that here, but that is exactly how I feel about her Tango. and I am a very overweight woman. She isn't doing me any favors with her actions on this show.
    I was giving her a break, thinking she was just young and bubbly - but she is 35!!!

I would not mind a larger female going on to show how it can be done - but she is way overdone.

I sent you a PM.

I have to agree as well. I love Broadway performers, but what I'm getting from her is that she's trying to be Bernadette Peters, but she's nowhere near that. It's not her weight that is bothering me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2877110;
    I have to agree as well. I love Broadway performers, but what I'm getting from her is that she's trying to be Bernadette Peters, but she's nowhere near that. It's not her weight that is bothering me.
    Ooooohhhhh, I love BP. She has a wonderful fan website. Google and take a look.

and if Nell Carter was still around she would show Marissa a few things! Nell won Tony for Ain't Misbehavin' at age 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2877110;
    I have to agree as well. I love Broadway performers, but what I'm getting from her is that she's trying to be Bernadette Peters, ...
    Oh, I love Bernadette Peters! Not only on Broadway, but she was hilarious in The Jerk with Steve Martin, also. She's such a cutie, too.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Marissa should go tonight, but the pity vote and her fan base might keep her in. The criticism from the judges last night was overdue. Her welling up in tears and (initially) not wanting to step up and get her scores shows how childish she is.

I think the judges were pretty rough on her. She wasn't that bad. I think they are mostly upset at Tony. Having him as a partner is the kiss of death, no matter how good or bad you are. He is terrible at choreographing. Even Jane Seymour once said she had to push him to give her more, that she could take it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2885474;
    I think the judges were pretty rough on her. She wasn't that bad. I think they are mostly upset at Tony. Having him as a partner is the kiss of death, no matter how good or bad you are. He is terrible at choreographing. Even Jane Seymour once said she had to push him to give her more, that she could take it.
    I agree.

I DO think they are mostly ticked at Tony for the routines, but it appeared to me last night that Marissa was caught up in the crossfire, on that, and therefore got the brunt of the callout.

And no, I don't think that's fair to Marissa.

I would've LOVED to have seen them rip Tony a new one, but it didn't happen.

Gives me cause to wonder if Marissa is on her way out.

And I think that would be a real shame, at this juncture.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread