Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monica Seles & Jonathan Roberts - Season 6

Monica Seles & Jonathan Roberts - Season 6

PROFESSION:
    Grand Slam tennis champion

PARTNER:
    Jonathan Roberts

BACKGROUND:
    Tennis champ, Monica Seles, is the holder of nine grand slam singles titles and was the top-ranked player in the world. She turned pro in 1988 at the age of fourteen and won her first grand slam championship, the French Open, just two years later. After a two-year absence from the tour in 1993 and 1994, Seles rose above adversity and returned to capture her final grand slam crown in 1996 winning the Australian Open. She holds an outstanding career win loss singles record of 595-122 and was ranked the13th greatest player of all time by Tennis Magazine. Her accomplishments also extend beyond the tennis court as Goodwill Ambassador for the Laures Sports Foundation and the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Microalgae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM).
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Monica Seles & Jonathan Roberts - Season 6

Nice to see Jonathan again this season. I have no idea what to expect from Monica, so will go into the season with no expectations up front.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I love Monica, have been a fan of hers for many years. I have a feeling she could do very well at this, she seems to be a perfectionist. Not sure what kind of fanbase she will have as far as the voting goes, but I wish her well.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

While their wouldn't seem to be any kind of real connection between Tennis and dancing, I suspect Monica will do really well.

In her mid 30s she's not going to have the boundless energy of some of the franchise's youngest celebs, but she was an athlete in monster shape at one point, and I can't see her as having totally let that go.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm looking forward to seeing how Monica does, and I like Tony.

Like with Kristi, I wonder how the transition into heels is going to go for her.

Tony seems a very caring, patient partner, so she just may do very well, here.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Monica always had very fast footwork during her tennis days so that may help her. As long as she doesn't grunt, I'll be satisfied.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2844219;
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Monica does, and I like Jonathan.

Like with Kristi, I wonder how the transition into heels is going to go for her.

Jonathan seems a very caring, patient partner, so she just may do very well, here.

Correction: JONATHAN, not Tony!

MY BAD!

Last edited by ness; 03-16-2008 at 02:05 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Even though she was terrible last night, I will admit to giving all my votes to Monica. I like her so much as a person, and I felt so bad for her last night. She was clearly SO nervous, and so scared of what the judges were going to say. I was glad that the judges could read that in her, and were encouraging in their criticism.

I hate that they're eliminating one man and one woman off the bat this time. I think she'll definitely get the ax because of that, but I'd love to see her get to come back for at least one or two more weeks.

Although she was the weakest of the women, I do think she came a very long way and I think she should have gotten sixes rather than fives. I thought she was infinitely better than Adam Corolla, as good as Penn Jellette, and not that much worse than Marissa Winokur.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

That is what annoys me about the way they're doing the first elimination this year! I agree that she was better (and took it to heart more) than Adam or Penn. But unless something major happens next week, she's most likely going to go when one of them stays for no reason other than she happens to be in the women's group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast