+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Re: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

It seems as though she cant move her upper lip, so she cant smile fully. It looks paralyzed. Poor thing, she was so beautiful, now she looks like Jack Nicholson's "Joker" character in Batman. I wonder if she suffered nerve damage during surgery, she couldnt possibly have wanted that look purposely. I thought that Botox was only used on the forehead because it paralyzes and Resalyn was used on the lines near the mouth. Collagen injections can puff up the upper lip but it shouldnt paralyze the way PP's lips are. With all this scrutiny, particularly about her face, not on her dancing, she will think twice prior to any more treatments/surgery.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Or appearing in public again.

It's hard to believe that her current look is what she was going for or that she's happy with it. With her appearance being more of a subject for discussion than is her dancing, it would have to be difficult for her. I feel very badly for her.

I read a comment made by a plastic surgeon on PP. He thinks she had too much fat injected into her lower cheeks and lips. He also thought her nose looked broader as a result of scar tissue from one too many rhinoplasty (nose jobs). He also said that she could have had a midface lift, a surgery he is not a fan of. i wonder if it can be reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2860751;
    I read a comment made by a plastic surgeon on PP. He thinks she had too much fat injected into her lower cheeks and lips. He also thought her nose looked broader as a result of scar tissue from one too many rhinoplasty (nose jobs). He also said that she could have had a mid face lift, a surgery he is not a fan of. i wonder if it can be reversed?
    You know, I've been so distracted by her cheeks, hair, and lips that I hadn't even noticed her nose, lol. But now that it's been mentioned, I went up a few posts and looked at the three pictures of her in before/after/after photos and I do indeed see that her nose looks different. And can I just say wow! She was beautiful before any procedures, but her original nose in particular was one that lots of women would love to have... that lots of women pay a lot of money to get, even. And the nose doesn't wrinkle, so I can't imagine what was going through her head to have anything done to her nose. Perhaps the influence of her ex-son-in-law, Michael Jackson, was too strong to resist?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger
    I read a comment made by a plastic surgeon on PP.
    What is PP?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

oops sorry! PP = Priscilla Presley, I made it sound like a tv show!

Laying aside the hideous face and hair.........was anyone else (beside me) shocked to see how light she was on her feet and how fluid her moments were? I can't wait to see her take on a different style next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2861214;
    Laying aside the hideous face and hair.........was anyone else (beside me) shocked to see how light she. was on her feet and how fluid her moments were? I can't wait to see her take on a different style next week!
    I actually wasn't that surprised. In some biographical book I read many years ago about the Presley family, it talked about Cilla before, during, and after her marriage to Elvis, and it mentioned that she took ballet lessons, karate lessons, disco lessons, and several other physical-ability lessons. Nothing extensive, but I remember a comment from her karate teacher, and one from one of her dance teachers, and both commented on Cilla's natural physical grace and lightness. That being the case, I expect her to be a good student for Louis, and to show that natural grace. I'm not so sure about how well she'll do in what Bruno calls the raunchier dances, though. Cilla is also a bit shy and reserved, so I hope she'll be able to drop that reserve and shyness to do those dances as they need to be done. It will interesting to watch and see, though.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

She did a really good job dancing. I wanted her to do good just because she's always surprised in the past and it's nice to see an older person do well on this show. It's just hard to relate to someone that looks the way she does now. I have a hard time buying that she's shy. She's been in the public eye since she was what? 15 years old? She wasn't an actress then but "became" one after her divorce. She probably had enough money so that she would never have to work again but decided to act. Sorry, that's just asking for attention. Someone else pointed out that she looks down a lot. I agree with them that she seems uncomfortable with the way she looks. How could she not know that she's messed up her beautiful face?

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2862301;
    I have a hard time buying that she's shy. She's been in the public eye since she was what? 15 years old? She wasn't an actress then but "became" one after her divorce.
    Cilla's shyness is well known and well documented. You'd probably be surprised at how many people who work in careers where they are in the public eye are actually shy. This is one of the reasons Cilla is also well known for her avoidance of personal publicity unless it's for philanthropic or career needs. Being shy and being a public figure aren't mutually exclusive by a long shot.

I also believe that she's very shy. You can tell that she's not comfortable w/interviews and you almost have to strain to hear her. She's not a talkative person at all.

Another thing, she and Elvis were only married about 6 - 7 yrs. But being married to someone THAT popular, naturally that's who she's associated with. She said she will not dance to any Elvis music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast