+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

Re: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

I think it was extremely obvious that she knew she really was off... even before the judges said a word.. She wasn't smiling or joking... she knew. She looked nervous and I think she was bracing herself for the bad review. I still think she is better than Marissa and even Priscilla. I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for Fabian. He doesn't know sign language, she can't read his lips when they are not facing each other... it must lead to lots of frustrations on both of them.
    Tahoe bound....

I cannot imagine that there wouldn't be frustration! I just hope that they bounce back like I know Marlee can! She can do anything she puts her mind to that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2920617;
    I thought Marlee was underscored last night. Her timing was not so off that it distracted from the effect of the dance. She looked a little demoralized by the judges remarks after the dance. I think she worked very hard this week. I hope she sticks around. I still like watching her a lot.
    I don't think you saw the same dance I did. She was way off at the beginning, messed up, and looked pissed off the whole rest of the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2920745;
    I don't think you saw the same dance I did. She was way off at the beginning, messed up, and looked pissed off the whole rest of the dance.
    I watched it again on I see what you are saying. (I was preocupied with taxes while trying to watch the show.) Comparing it to the other dances I now think the scoring was fair.

I very much admire Marley and I think that until last night her dancing has been on a par with any of them outside of Kristi. She had a great many mistakes last night.

What concerns me more about Marley is that I think she going to find it almost impossible to learn two dances a week as those who move on will now be required to do.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2920377;
    As I was watching last night I thought that their dance was amazing. I was kind of thrown off when i thought I heard him call her a bitch while practicing. I absolutely depise that guy.
    I went back and listened and thought I heard it too, then somebody on another board posted that it was the result of Fabian's accent while saying "I'm talking BUT YOU can't hear me." and I realized that that was certainly the case, he wouldn't have said something so shocking, and they wouldn't have aired it if he did.

Yes, he said "but" not the other word.

I never even realized that was where someone interpreted it as "b****"
    I heard it as: . .. but you can't hear me. I did think that was bit insensitive... but not an expletive. It's not as if Marlee isn't listening on purpose. Oh well, glad that is cleared up.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2920745;
    I am sorry I just re watched I have it here on my computer. Yes she is off and after that she does not get herself back but she definitely does not look pissed off as you say. She is still smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2920718;
    I cannot imagine that there wouldn't be frustration! I just hope that they bounce back like I know Marlee can! She can do anything she puts her mind to that's for sure.
    I hope so too but I think this is so hard, especially for someone who can't even hear the music. and then to learn 2 dances?
    I have lots of respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2921360;
    I very much admire Marley and I think that until last night her dancing has been on a par with any of them outside of Kristi. She had a great many mistakes last night.

What concerns me more about Marley is that I think she going to find it almost impossible to learn two dances a week as those who move on will now be required to do.

Good point. The really good dancers are separated from the pack when the format moves to two dances. Marlee may not be a natural dancer and is working with somewhat of a disability.

OT: I wonder what is considered when matching the celeb pros with the "celebretities"? I wonder if some of the more popular pros get some more consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if Jualianne took the hit with Adam because of her singing career timeframe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast