+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mario & Karina Smirnoff - Season 6

Re: Mario & Karina Smirnoff - Season 6

I saw Mario in a different light and gained a new respect for him after his exit speech.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I was very disappointed to see him go. He seems like such a nice young man and his exit speech made me like him even more.

He was (is) a nice young man and a good dancer and will be missed.

And I am going to go so far as to say (and yes, I know I'm the only one) that I believe I'm going to miss Karina. For some odd reason, I find her amusing. It may because whenever I see her sneering or rolling her eyes, my mind takes me down a long and winding path back to my youth where I inevitably end up thinking of Bullwinkle. And I love Bullwinkle.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like Karina's choreography.
    I think she challenged Mario and always manages to give her celebrity at least equal billing, as opposed to Edyta or Julianne whom I feel showcase themselves as much and often more than their partners.

I'm not a dance expert, but I do think they got undermarked on a couple of occasions. Add that to others getting slightly overmarked (Jason got tens on dance where he visibly stumbled twice) and they were often left playing catch-up.
    I think Mario left a couple of weeks too soon, but he gave a great account of himself.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

That's actually a good point. I didn't consider that part of the reason Mario was able to lead at times in some of the dances, and appeared to be more of a partner than a prop, was not only because of his dancing skill(s), but also because Karina choreographed their dances to showcase him. As was Mario, Karina is also underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2977989;
    He was (is) a nice young man and a good dancer and will be missed.

And I am going to go so far as to say (and yes, I know I'm the only one) that I believe I'm going to miss Karina. For some odd reason, I find her amusing. It may because whenever I see her sneering or rolling her eyes, my mind takes me down a long and winding path back to my youth where I inevitably end up thinking of Bullwinkle. And I love Bullwinkle.
    She makes me think more of Natasha , but I get your drift.

I like her. She's grumpy, but I think she's fun, and I like her dancing a lot.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HookedonANTM;2980185;
    That's actually a good point. I didn't consider that part of the reason Mario was able to lead at times in some of the dances, and appeared to be more of a partner than a prop, was not only because of his dancing skill(s), but also because Karina choreographed their dances to showcase him. As was Mario, Karina is also underrated.
    I agree with this observation. Karina, Julianne, Derek, Mark, Cheryl, and Kim are all fabulous choreographers (from my untrained perspective anyway).

They make their dances look interesting and complex despite the lower skill level of their partners. Plus they lead them around the dance floor very subtly to ensure success - either with eye contact or hand movements. And, they spotlight their partners appropriately. Getting their partner to do one thing well, and then showcasing it seems like good strategy.

Karina was more vocal than other dancers on her first season I think, but I also think it was one of the most competitive seasons ever and she just got caught up in it. She's toned it down since then and is cognizant of the cameras and her role in front of them. I like Karina.

FORT Newbie

GAG me... Marissa should win? Because it's harder for her? Really? Why? She's a Broadway star for heaven's sake. A musical, broadway star. Is he referring to her size? Is that why it is harder for her? I didn't realize that overcoming adversity was the basis for winning.
    Tahoe bound....

Yeah. Mario just wiped out his good intentions with that selection.

not really. He is a very nice young man , I just don't agree with him at all on his choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast