+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

Re: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

I assumed the Vaseline remark referred to the practice, possibly defunct now, of putting Vaseline on the lens of a camera to result in a softer image.
    I figured he was saying if you put enough Vaseline on the camera you might think you're seeing Kristi instead of him.
    Who knows? I'm just glad he's gone and I can't say I'm too sorry Julianne's out either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thats how I took the remark as well, fluff. They used to do that with Cybil Shepherd on Moonlighting all the time. It got to the point where it was SO obvious it was distracting.

I thought Adam should have been eliminated, but I think a lot of people just don't get his sarcasm. He's not malicious at all. A bad dancer? Yes. Next, they need to get rid of Marissa and that smile. I can't stand to even watch her. No one is that happy without assistance of some kind.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I enjoyed Adam a little more than I expected to Ė although a little bit of his nasal whine goes a long way. (Adamís friend Jimmy Kimmel is wittier and funnier, IMO.) The unicycle was odd. I liked his mambo and tango; he really showed improvement over the course of his stay. It was probably time for him to go. Adamís exit was classy, and I liked his relationship with Julianne.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2906532;
    I enjoyed Adam a little more than I expected to – although a little bit of his nasal whine goes a long way. (Adam’s friend Jimmy Kimmel is wittier and funnier, IMO.) The unicycle was odd. I liked his mambo and tango; he really showed improvement over the course of his stay. It was probably time for him to go. Adam’s exit was classy, and I liked his relationship with Julianne.
    I agree with you about his classy exit. It was one of the better farewell speaches I've seen from any contestant on the show. It was also the only time during his entire run that he didn't make some snarky remark that embarrased Julianne. He said some really nice things about her and about the show. Maybe this was the real Adam that Juliette got to know. I wish we'd seen more of this side of his personality. I might have cared if he stayed.

Good luck to Julianne on her singing career and her tour later this summer. I really hope this isn't her swan song on DwtS. She has been a highlight of the show for the last 3 seasons. I have always admired her creative choreography and her upbeat personality. She never seemed to be moody or self-centered. She always made her partners look good.

PLEASE COME BACK NEXT YEAR JULIANNE. WE LOVE YOU.

Yeah, I'll give it up to him for his exit.

Could not STAND Adam, but I will give him props for a class bow-out. I honestly would've never thought he had it in him had I not seen it.

It's really too bad that he didn't show more of this side of himself while he was on the show.

Maybe a lot of people wouldn't've been calling for his head had he done so and he might've been on the show longer, to develop more as a dancer.

*Sighs* Too little, too late.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2906585;
    Yeah, I'll give it up to him for his exit.

Could not STAND Adam, but I will give him props for a class bow-out. I honestly would've never thought he had it in him had I not seen it.

It's really too bad that he didn't show more of this side of himself while he was on the show.

Maybe a lot of people wouldn't've been calling for his head had he done so and he might've been on the show longer, to develop more as a dancer.

*Sighs* Too little, too late.
    I completely agree. I don't like Adam and will probably not ever watch or listen to him, but I give credit where credit is due. It is definitely due to him for his exit. My opinion of him went up several notches.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

A day later and I'm still bummed that Julianne is gone.

Now Adam wasn't so bad after all was he? Yes he was abrasive and not everyone liked his brand of humor, but he does have some feelings in him even if he doesn't show it all the time. And now that he's gone, I do kinda miss him.

Still think that Marissa and maybe even Priscilla deserved to go before him. He was improving as a dancer and for entertainment value he was heads and shoulders above either of them. Who knows? Maybe if he didn't use the unicycle in the Paso and tried to do a straight dance, he may have lasted for another week. And I guess there wasn't enough of a fanbase between the two of them to save them this week.

His "I lost 20lbs of fat and gained 105lbs of Angel, I love this girl." made me go awwww along with the crowd. I'm soooo going to miss Julianne. She and Adam definitely should have stayed abit longer.

Now one has to look forward to Marissa painfully dance through yet another routine. Hope at least they dress her better than they have so far.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I liked Adam! He was the most entertaining person this season. But, I think his sarcasm is funny and don't think he meant to offend. People with really sarcastic humor don't get that others don't know they are joking. And Julianne has been my favorite pro for the last couple of seasons. She is so sweet and talented.
    I also think Marissa should have left before him.

FORT Regular

Will miss these two. They were the most entertaining couple.

I thought that Adam left in a very classy way. What a stark contrast to the way he was portraying himself prior to that. I think it was their time to go as much as I like Julianne. Adam just did not have the talent to continue in the competition. I'm so glad he left in a great way and that it does help to temper some of his other behaviours.

+ Reply to Thread