+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 461

Thread: DWTS Season 6 casting

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2695445;
    Kristi would be a great choice. I always enjoyed seeing her skate.

    If they want a skater though, let's just hope they don't drag up Tonya Harding!
    Whoa! Can you imagine how the frontrunners would have to constantly be looking over their shoulders for any tampering by Tonya??

  2. #32
    FORT Fan stcroix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    392

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    OK, this may be a wierd idea, but how about the guy who played Robert on Everybody Loves Raymond? I know he's very tall and that might be a problem on the partner, but I've seen a couple of the reruns of Raymond lately that show him dancing on the show and he's GREAT! Really coordinated and great moves for such a tall man. Plus his personality -in real life- is hiliarious. After seeing him on the show I instantly thought how great he'd be on DWTS.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    He has a sitcom that is currently airing, but if the strike continues, he could be available.

  4. #34
    Kanai Nemeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,835

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Well, I'm still working on the campaign for "Get Steve Martin on DWtS!"
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

  5. #35
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2695501;
    Well, I'm still working on the campaign for "Get Steve Martin on DWtS!"
    Now Steve Martin I can live with .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2695501;
    Well, I'm still working on the campaign for "Get Steve Martin on DWtS!"

    I'll bet that Steve Martin would be a serious competitor. I'd vote for him, send over the petition.

  7. #37
    DWTS! KrazeeKy07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,021

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Ohh I'd love to see Steve Martin!

    Honestly, I would also like to see Carlton (can't think of his name) from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air! I remember seeing him there a lot last year to support Joey and I always thought he would be fun to watch!

  8. #38
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2695474;
    Whoa! Can you imagine how the frontrunners would have to constantly be looking over their shoulders for any tampering by Tonya??
    Well, she is a boxer now too... not in Laila's league, of course. So, yeah, the other contestants would have to really worry.

    I remember when Kristi won in 1992. She hasn't competed in 15 years and stopped full-time touring like 6 years ago. She only skates in one or two specials a year so I don't think she is training as much as she use to. I think her two great assets would be her elegant arm movements and being use to learning choreography quickly.

    I saw the TMZ article and she was asked by an interviewer while promoting her skating special about being on DWTS. She said that she and her daughters are big fans of the show and would like to learn how to ballroom dance but she is worried and nervous about dancing in front of a live audience and the judges.

    I saw her skating special this weekend on tv and there was a clip of her shaking her booty and she was embarrassed to be caught on camera unaware. She might have an Ian complex.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey skyhigh79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    936

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Ohhh ya, "Carlton" would be great! He is already a dancer tho. I remember seeing him in the ballroom last season? Or maybe the season before that?

    How about Jason Alexander from Seinfeld? He hasn't had a real hit in a some time.
    Tahoe bound....

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

    Quote Originally Posted by wildone;2695522;
    Well, she is a boxer now too... not in Laila's league, of course. So, yeah, the other contestants would have to really worry.

    I remember when Kristi won in 1992. She hasn't competed in 15 years and stopped full-time touring like 6 years ago. She only skates in one or two specials a year so I don't think she is training as much as she use to. I think her two great assets would be her elegant arm movements and being use to learning choreography quickly.

    I saw the TMZ article and she was asked by an interviewer while promoting her skating special about being on DWTS. She said that she and her daughters are big fans of the show and would like to learn how to ballroom dance but she is worried and nervous about dancing in front of a live audience and the judges.

    I saw her skating special this weekend on tv and there was a clip of her shaking her booty and she was embarrassed to be caught on camera unaware. She might have an Ian complex.
    The deciding factor imo for Kristi would be :1. She needs a challenge in her life and her life would not be too upset by it. She HAS to have been able to overcome self-consciousness in skating her booty would always be showing and she has to has a PHENOMENAL work ethic. 2. She is ready to reach out into a new venue and could benefit from the exposure.
    jmo, but I see Kristi as being modest about her abilities and her statement could have just been poking fun at herself. Also, I believe she's happily married to a great guy, so it would have to fit into her life style.

    I SO LOVE for her to do the show and the fact that her girls love it gives me hope!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.