+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DWTS Season 6 casting

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Season 6 casting

Just think, if they selected Florence, then they could parade out the Brady kids in the audience, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2695276;
    I believe that George Hamilton is older. I'm too lazy to wiki this morning.

Florence Henderson would be spectacular. I'm sure she's slowed down, but she's one of the last of a generation of actors who were required to sing, dance and act in order to get work. Take a look at her dancing in Oklahoma. Looks like she's got a solid ballet foundation. I'm expecting a "perky" Jane Seymour.
    Aceon6: I believe that you're right on both points. George Hamilton is older--I'd The Tan Man. I'd also forgotten that Florence had her start in musical comedy. I would expect her to be as good as some of the men for sure. I still think it's easier for a "limited" man to be showcased by a flashy partner than a woman, especially when the pro women are doing the splits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2695280;
    Just think, if they selected Florence, then they could parade out the Brady kids in the audience, lol.
    That is exactly what I thought!

I always remember Jan saying...Marcia Marcia Marcia!

I like the idea of Kristi Yamaguchi, but wouldn't people complain about her dance training? Personally, I think she would be great. I think Barry Bonds just might be available
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2695409;
    I like the idea of Kristi Yamaguchi, but wouldn't people complain about her dance training? Personally, I think she would be great. I think Barry Bonds just might be available

Hopefully Bonds will be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2695182;
    Marie I could somewhat tolerate, especially at the beginning when she got lost in the shuffle. Donnie, on the other hand just gives me the creeps with his smarmy, oily personality and that super-botoxed face of his. *shudder*
    MsFroggy, I love you . I thought I was all alone out here with the Osmond=smarmy feelings. I swear, if the veneer in the shape of a man does the show, I think I will have to bow out for the season. All the little snippets of him I've been inadvertently catching over the past few weeks have already done a big enough number on my digestive system.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2694968;
    Celine Dion? I would stay away in droves!
    I don't think the ballroom is big enough for the ego.
    I don't know ... Jennie fell this year. Marie fell this year. I think I may just tune in for all of Celine's dances hoping that she'd fall too.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2695409;

jmo, but I'd think that Kristi would be so likeable that people wouldn't care.

LOL, stranger things have happened than having Barry Bonds on, he would be available and maybe would be frantically looking for ways to rehab his reputation. I wonder when his case is coming up for trial, then he'd have his hands full.

FORT Fogey

Kristi would be a great choice. I always enjoyed seeing her skate.

If they want a skater though, let's just hope they don't drag up Tonya Harding!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2695440;

LOL, stranger things have happened than having Barry Bonds on, he would be available and maybe would be frantically looking for ways to rehab his reputation. I wonder when his case is coming up for trial, then he'd have his hands full.
    Exactly. Emmit Smith said that the reason he did it was that he needed people to become familair with his face, and was looking to reach a non-football fan audience. He wanted to do it to help in his business ventures. But I could see somoene like Bonds (or Marion Jones) wanting to do it as an image rehab endeavor. Now that I threw that out, I think I'd really enjoy seeing Marion Jones on the show.

+ Reply to Thread