+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I agree, but disagree Blues. This isn't about the best dancer, but "favorite" dancer. So who is to say who should stay. Certainly Bruno was tactless, or less than diplomatic in his assessment of who should stay. I was embarassed for the other dancer, and I wasn't even there. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the judges are only half of the score. That is why dancers such as Wayne last longer than their talent. The judges should try to stay neutral and base their comments on the dance and leave the favoritism to the voting viewers.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2639168;
    It's on the corner of Beverly and Genesee.
    Thanks a bunch! I was mapquesting and trying to give her directions over the phone while she tried to drive. Apparently, she was told to turn right and it should have been left. I don't know if she made it in time to get into the studio, but she found it thanks to you, Blues Songstres.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayaholic;2639218;
    Thanks a bunch! I was mapquesting and trying to give her directions over the phone while she tried to drive. Apparently, she was told to turn right and it should have been left. I don't know if she made it in time to get into the studio, but she found it thanks to you, Blues Songstres.
    Glad I could help.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2639188;
    I agree, but disagree Blues. This isn't about the best dancer, but "favorite" dancer. So who is to say who should stay. Certainly Bruno was tactless, or less than diplomatic in his assessment of who should stay. I was embarassed for the other dancer, and I wasn't even there. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the judges are only half of the score. That is why dancers such as Wayne last longer than their talent. The judges should try to stay neutral and base their comments on the dance and leave the favoritism to the voting viewers.
    I don't think we disagree on these points at all. I was trying to make the point that even though the judges DO make biased statements, I don't let their opinions taint my opinion of the dancers. After all, it's not Mel who made the comment. Don't think for a minute that Bruno's tactless statements didn't cause me moments of discomfort, though. There are moments when I would like to stick a sock in all of their mouths.

And so the saga continues.... I wonder what will happen in the next season. Will they change anything? Maybe not put the judges in middle with stupid questions?
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread