+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh, I'm not saying that Jane would have been able to maintain all the skills she developed in childhood or to be even near Chita's level. Not many are.

What I meant to convey is that while age is certainly one factor, it needn't be the only factor. People who continue to do what they did during their early years can maintain many of their skills well into their later years. Judging from Jane's body, I would suspect she has done that to the extent her injuries would allow. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she had a ballet barre in her home.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

True, true.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have you ever considered that Sabrina is being favored to get the fast dances? Would she look rediculous and clumsy doing a waltz? Her best look is fast and it pleases the judges and crowd so it's a weak point to say that Jane is being favored. They are all making the best of what they get. I really think it's unfair to keep beating that topic of Jane getting slow dances. Sabrina is getting fast dances and that is what she looks best doing.

FORT Fan

the rumba is a slow dance and that was sabrina's last dance. almost all of the celebrities from the very first season on have had some dance training. i know, it doesn't seem fair to the ones that haven't...the jerry rice's of the competitions. it would be interesting to hear the basis for deciding how much dance experience is too much... tia carrere danced the tango--a very famous scene in a (James bond??) movie and that was one the dances she performed on DWTS. drew lachey, joey fatone, and joey(from season one) were all boy band and knew some dance moves from that. joey lawrence tap-danced as a child on the tonight show. to me, it is very evident that jane, marie, and jennie probably all had dance training early on in their lives. so, i'm not going to not like sabrina because she had dance training...the judges will expect more from her because of her dance background and that could come back to bite her in the butt later on. i just love to see domeone dance who can and who can put 150% into and have fun at the same time. p.s. i'm a jlo fan--but like her movies better than her music for the most part. and, californians, my prayers are also with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2635077;
    the rumba is a slow dance and that was sabrina's last dance. almost all of the celebrities from the very first season on have had some dance training. i know, it doesn't seem fair to the ones that haven't...the jerry rice's of the competitions. it would be interesting to hear the basis for deciding how much dance experience is too much... tia carrere danced the tango--a very famous scene in a (James bond??) movie and that was one the dances she performed on DWTS. drew lachey, joey fatone, and joey(from season one) were all boy band and knew some dance moves from that. joey lawrence tap-danced as a child on the tonight show. to me, it is very evident that jane, marie, and jennie probably all had dance training early on in their lives. so, i'm not going to not like sabrina because she had dance training...the judges will expect more from her because of her dance background and that could come back to bite her in the butt later on. i just love to see domeone dance who can and who can put 150% into and have fun at the same time. p.s. i'm a jlo fan--but like her movies better than her music for the most part. and, californians, my prayers are also with you.
    The movie was True Lies with Arnold Swarchenegger, a very good movie! And now I'm sad to find out I missed Tia doing the tango on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2635378;
    The movie was True Lies with Arnold Swarchenegger, a very good movie! And now I'm sad to find out I missed Tia doing the tango on DWTS.
    She said it took her months to learn that one dance routine and it didn't last long. Maks did incorporate some of the moves from that routine into the DWTS dance which was great for those of us that remembered it well.

Drew was in a boy band, but I NEVER saw them dance. Joey Fatone was in a boy band that danced as much as they sang, just like the Cheetah Girls. In addition I heard that Sabrina is involved in their choreography. After the flack Mario took for the little bit of dance training he had as a kid, Sabrina can't be given enough since her training is ongoing.

+ Reply to Thread