+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Some time ago (not sure how long maybe six months) I saw Carrie Ann on The View. Not really a View fan too many women talking at the same time, watch occasionally. She was asked all about DWTS and if she was a ballroom dancer herself (something like that). She said she had absolutely no experience in ballroom dancing and no knowledge about ballroom dancing before becoming a judge on the show.

Did anyone else see her on the View? I went to the View site to try and find the script when she was on. Couldn't find anything because I couldn't remember exactly how long ago it was.

She seems so knowledgeable. It really surprised me when she said she knew nothing about ballroom dancing before becoming a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2615593;
    I don't mind Samantha in the least. I don't think she's any better or worse than Drew was, it's all just a matter of perception, I guess. For my part, it wouldn't matter to me if it was her in the 2nd banana position or Drew, or probably any one of a dozen other people I could think of. Well, not exactly true, I would love to have Donny Osmond there with Tom, but I doubt that's in the works. I know that here locally, Samantha seems to be the favorite, judging from all the local pre-and-post show interviews, but I couldn't tell you why that is. And yet, when we went to one of our houses in Mississippi for a few days last week, everyone there seemed to prefer Drew, and I couldn't tell you why that was, either.
    You actually take surveys of wherever you go to find out if people like Samantha or Drew better???? (Not picking, just being silly) New Mexico likes Samantha but Mississippi prefers Drew? I'm sure we could read SOMETHING into that. Hee!

People.com has a survey up, and over 80% of the respondents have indicated that they prefer Drew.
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-17-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2616247;
    You actually take surveys of wherever you go to find out if people like Samantha or Drew better???? (Not picking, just being silly) New Mexico likes Samantha but Mississippi prefers Drew? I'm sure we could read SOMETHING into that. Hee!
    Pfffft, Broadway

But to answer your question, no I don't take surveys, but the local ABC news stations do in lots of markets. In those markets, every day M-F, there's an entertainment-news show on right after the local news, and on Monday and Tuesday they have a DWtS segment which includes local people talking about the show (man on the street type interviews), and various fluff surveys like that. So far this season Tom Bergeron always comes out with a huge fanbase over Sam and/or Drew, but the Sam/Drew results vary interestingly as I mentioned in my post. And yeah, since I do work in the entertainment industry, I watch them, as from time to time I'm called on to write a piece about them. So yeah, I read PAYCHECK into that.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread