+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I'm not sure if it was Part 1 or Part 2 - I'm thinking it was part 1, where we heard her say she wasn't like other people, she was an artist...it was a huge WTF moment that I thought might sway some voters.

I havent watched this show enough to really have an opinion on Derek, but I do love his choreography and he is a phenomanal teacher and dancer.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3918531;
    I'm not sure if it was Part 1 or Part 2 - I'm thinking it was part 1, where we heard her say she wasn't like other people, she was an artist...it was a huge WTF moment that I thought might sway some voters.

I havent watched this show enough to really have an opinion on Derek, but I do love his choreography and he is a phenomanal teacher and dancer.
    Thanks! This saves me some searching time! I agree about Derek's teaching and choreography.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3918531;

She had actually said that in an earlier show. I think it was when she did the rumba and got panned for the first time? She was crying back stage and made that comment. Some people were turned off by it then. Other people rallied and said they could relate to how she feels.
    I'm glad the season is over for her and hope I don't have to see her or Derek again in the future. (Wishful thinking as far as Derek is concerned as I'm sure he'll be on the Fall DWTS.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3918665;
    She had actually said that in an earlier show. I think it was when she did the rumba and got panned for the first time? She was crying back stage and made that comment. Some people were turned off by it then. Other people rallied and said they could relate to how she feels.
    I'm glad the season is over for her and hope I don't have to see her or Derek again in the future. (Wishful thinking as far as Derek is concerned as I'm sure he'll be on the Fall DWTS.)
    He mentioned he's looking forward to taking 4 months off, so yeah, he'll be back. If there's one pro I'd bet money on, it'd be him. And I'm sure Mark, as I consider them a two-for-one deal. I'm hoping the rumors of Derek going to Strictly Come Dancing are true, but apparently it goes against his girlfriends (?) Cheryl Cole's show, The X Factor. I'd be curious how the British audience would take to Derek being on the show over there. I've seen clips of many performances on that show and nothing are as gimmicky or OTT as what we have over here.

One thing about Derek....I never got the sense that he and Nicole were super chummy like Maks and Erin or Evan and Anna.

It think they played off of each other's creativity and worked together on a professional level very, very well. BUT.....as Derek said in an interview, his job is to work in a way that makes Nicole be the best she can be.

I never got the sense that Derek was in it for his own fame and glory so to speak. Of course it doesn't hurt, but I think he knows his place in all this. He has to return to work with all the dancers next season - not with Nicole - so it's in his best interests to be professional about all this.
    I'd say Derek is professional until I think of his celebration with being on Mark's shoulders, holding the trophy, as Nicole's still standing on the ground. Good choreographer and dancer, I won't ever argue, though I still want to see what he's really made of with a Kate or Cloris type partner. Actually, considering he broke rules in his dances and always tends to go for the showy aspect, I'm not sure what I make of his choreography anymore. Nicole was as good as him, so nothing special there. I also got the impression that all wasn't as peachy with Nicole/Derek. Something not only seemed disconnected with the cast and Nicole, especially as the couples dwindled down, but something about Nicole/Derek as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3918665;
    that could be the case, but that comment was also run during the part 1 episode this week because it really resonated with me and couldn't believe she was saying that, like she was above everyone else.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3918689;
    that could be the case, but that comment was also run during the part 1 episode this week because it really resonated with me and couldn't believe she was saying that, like she was above everyone else.
    You're so right, anders. I should've said, "it was originally run earlier in the season and then rerun in the finals." And I had the same reaction you did.
    Though I have to agree with Nicole on one point. She wasn't like everyone else. The reasons why she was not could fill a whole 'nother thread!

I happen to like Derek and I did think she was a really good dancer.
    However, I heard that comment the first time she made it and then when they re-ran it.
    I also heard all her other patronizing comments and I just couldn't get behind her, as a result.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really hope this article I ran across is the spoof I think it is, because I would boycott the show if they cast these folks:
    Season 11: ‘Dancing with the Stars’ to Feature More Complete A**holes
    Examples:
    - Jesse James, Sandra Bullock's scumbag ex
    - Dr. Conrad Murray, the guy who killed Michael Jackson

It's in their "Club Satirical" section of articles, so yeah, I think it's a joke.
    When asked who producers have been speaking with for season 11, Wentz gleaked with excitement. “Oh man, you’re going to love this. We don’t have anything cemented yet but we have the world’s most popular rapist, Kobe Bryant. We might have America’s biggest scumbag, Jesse James and the buck-toothed girl who killed Gary Coleman. But she’s not the big score. We hope to have Dr. Conrad Murray, the guy who killed Michael Jackson. We are thinking of doing another tribute to the King of Pop and have him moonwalking onto the floor. Maybe Kobe can reenact the famous altercation in Vail? I’m pumped.”
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Given this show, I can't say I'd put it past them

On another DWTS semi-related note, our British counterpart has announced their pro line up. Unfortuantely for me, Derek wasn't on the roster. 3 new American dancers were but none from DWTS, though a couple of them have a connection. One is former SYTYCD contestant and Carrie Ann's ex-boytoy Artem, and the other is someone named Jared Millroy, who is Lacey Schwimmer's former pro partner. Strictly axed 5 of its dancers, including former DWTS one timer Brian Fortuna. SCD is trying to give itself a fresh new make-over to woo younger viewers, but they've gotten rid of 5 of their popular pros from what I've gathered. Not sure it'll work because DWTS has tried and failed to get the younger demographic. Though spaces are limited on our series, and will be even more in the fall if Karina, Kym, Lacey, Julianne, Jonathan, Alec, and Dmitry are back, I wouldn't mind seeing some of Strictly's axed pros over here. They'd add something fresh, rather than the same old boring choreography that's getting repetitive. Plus, they aren't big on being OTT and using gimmicks so that'd be a nice change of pace.

+ Reply to Thread