+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 232 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fan

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Why stop with Tony Blair? Why not offer Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York? She's liked better in the U.S. than the U.K. too.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3892990;
    Why stop with Tony Blair? Why not offer Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York? She's liked better in the U.S. than the U.K. too.
    I heard her name brought up seasons ago. Interesting that the rumor mill is already getting started, since we have the longest wait between spring/fall seasons. I don't remember being that active for last season until the last minute.

This should make TV Dude happy:

Julianne Hough to return to ‚€˜Dancing‚€™ - Access Hollywood

Julianne Hough to return to ‘Dancing’
    Pro dancer to come back after taking a break to launch her music career

Two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ Julianne Hough is returing to the competition in the fall.

updated 11:49 p.m. ET, Mon., May 3, 2010

LOS ANGELES - Julianne Hough is returning to “Dancing with the Stars,” Access Hollywood has learned.

The ballroom babe-turned-country cutie will return to the ABC reality competition for season 11, a source close to the show told Access Hollywood.

The blonde dancer has been absent from the show for two seasons, having left the show to launch her country music career and start acting.

During her time on the show, she won two mirrorball trophies — one during season four with Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno, and the following season with Indy 500 champ Helio Castroneves.

She last danced on the show during season eight with then-boyfriend country-music singer Chuck Wicks. The two split up not long after they were voted off the show.

Hough’s return to “Dancing,” which is expected this fall, will kick off a busy season for the star. She is expected to launch her second album toward the end of the year. Additionally, her first major movie, “Burlesque,” starring Christina Aguilera and Oscar winner Cher, is coming out in November.

Read more: Julianne Hough to return to ‚€˜Dancing‚€™ - Access Hollywood
    I'd much rather see Julianne back and Derek/Mark take a break next season. If they keep the cast at 11, and only 5 females, all 5 this season probably won't be back if they have Julianne, Lacey, Karina, and Kym return. I don't know if they'll bring back the other Anna, add another newbie, or bring someone from seasons ago back.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3893621;
    This should make TV Dude happy:

Julianne Hough to return to ‚ÄėDancing‚Äô - Access Hollywood

I'd much rather see Julianne back and Derek/Mark take a break next season. If they keep the cast at 11, and only 5 females, all 5 this season probably won't be back if they have Julianne, Lacey, Karina, and Kym return. I don't know if they'll bring back the other Anna, add another newbie, or bring someone from seasons ago back.
    I'm okay with Julianne coming back, but NO PLEASE on Lacey and Karina. I know you say you've missed Karina, but I'm happy not to be seeing her pouty or angry faces at the camera. And Lacey? EUWWWWW. Not missing her at all. Kym I really want to see, but not so much Anna D. Can't Anna T. be on again? She's so much fun! Or Chelsie or Ashly?????
    For guys my dreamteam would be Maks, Alec, Jonathan, Damian, and Tony or Louis. I never got hooked on Dimitry - maybe since I don't watch SYTYCD - and I'm soooo ready for a Ballas/Houghless season.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3893651;
    I'm okay with Julianne coming back, but NO PLEASE on Lacey and Karina. I know you say you've missed Karina, but I'm happy not to be seeing her pouty or angry faces at the camera. And Lacey? EUWWWWW. Not missing her at all. Kym I really want to see, but not so much Anna D. Can't Anna T. be on again? She's so much fun! Or Chelsie or Ashly?????
    For guys my dreamteam would be Maks, Alec, Jonathan, Damian, and Tony or Louis. I never got hooked on Dimitry - maybe since I don't watch SYTYCD - and I'm soooo ready for a Ballas/Houghless season.
    I can completely agree with you on Lacey. I haven't liked her since her debut on this show and have found this season refreshing without her. I know she'll be back, if not next season, then in the future, but I could care less if she ever returns. Trust me, Karina will come back and I'll probably be sorry I wished for her Anyway, while I've found the majority of pros choreography/dancing really starting to get repetitive and unoriginal, I gotta give props to Karina on that aspect. She is a phenominal dancer, and I think even 6 seasons in she was still coming up with unique, memorable routines. But if there are any truth to the rumors that she and Maks won't appear on the same season...yeah, I'm biased but you know who gets my vote there I don't like Anna Demidova any so I can't say she'd be any loss if she wasn't back. I'd much rather see Edyta, Anna T., Chelsie, and Ashly return from this season and throw in Kym. I realized that there's not been as much of a shake up on the guys side as the ladies in terms of new pros. I want Maks back more than anyone, but also enjoy watching Tony, Louis, Alec, Jonathan, Damian, and Dmitry. There's also season 6 one timer, Fabian Sanchez, who I'd love to see brought back.

As much as I like Julianne and wouldn't be against her returning, getting her/Derek/Mark back again is going into Hough/Ballas overload-and having a free season of all 3 of them wouldn't disappoint me any I do enjoy Julianne, though, and she doesn't irritate me to any extent like her brother and his BFF. More than anything, I just want the producers to spread the wealth with the celebs and pros. How many times are Edyta and Jonathan going to get the early boots, or Tony the older woman/certified nutjob, while the others get either the ringers or more popular partners. I feel like this show might make up to Mark next season for having Melissa and Shannen. I just hope they don't bring his daddy back if he decides to take a season off. Just because one Ballas leaves doesn't mean we need a replacement.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-04-2010 at 04:36 PM.

I'd be happy to have Julianne back, but nix on Lacy or Karina. I'd rather have Kym back than either of them.
    Last edited by ASassyKat; 05-04-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3893656;
    I want Maks back more than anyone, but also enjoy watching Tony, Louis, Alec, Jonathan, Damian, and Dmitry. There's also season 6 one timer, Fabian Sanchez, who I'd love to see brought back.

How many times are Edyta and Jonathan going to get the early boots, or Tony the older woman/certified nutjob, while the others get either the ringers or more popular partners. I feel like this show might make up to Mark next season for having Melissa and Shannen.
    Not sure how bad it is between Maks and Karina, but might they alternate seasons? Maks keeps hinting at "future plans," so I wonder if he will be around in season 11.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Thanks, Karalot, for the Edyta reminder. I adore her also. I did get a vibe from her this season like she might not be back - or perhaps might not be asked back. I love her personality and to watch her dance but her choreography isn't perhaps up to the level of some of the others. Still, it would be nice if she could have a ringer just once and then retire (maybe to have gorgeous babies) if she wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3889832;
    AT should be perfect for Evan. He has to stay in hold, so they can't critique his arm movements, and he doesn't have to move his hips. I'd say his footwork will be awesome.

It turns out it was perfect for him. I had to rewind it and re-watch it several times. Praying he's still in it after tonight. Dial Idol has to be wrong this week.

It will be reat to see Julianne back.
    I could totally do without Lacey returning. As far as Karina, it's a real toss up, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread