+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 232 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Considering there were photos of Maks/Karina making out in a club, published in Star, I don't think that'd be very convincing now.

I still love me some Maks and Louis, and will hope that there comments were just taken out of context. Thpugh I think they could have been much worse.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

Sounds like Julianne might be out for the season. She has endometriosis and needs surgery. What a shame. I really like her.

1010 WINS - On-Air, Online, On Demand
    Go to www.freerice.com to improve your vocabulary and feed the world!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3221948;
    As a fan of Louis's, I know this won't make him any more popular...... (but sexy Max said it too so Louis can't take all the flack....)but shame on both of them :nono

Link Here

Actually I have to disagree with my Louis because if I see someone heavy out there dancing their butts off, they get extra kudos from me for actually getting out there and doing it in spite of being "heavy" (of which I couldn't ever describe Cheryl or Lacey as heavy).
    Cheryl was on Ellen and she wears a size 4! Someone in the show discussion thread said these comments were taken out of context.

They have had some overweight stars in the past and Marie even managed to lose quite a bit.

Carrie Ann was very mean spirited in her review of Cloris loast night. To intimate that Cloris is responsible for getting rid of a 'great dancer like Toni' had to be quite off putting to Cloris' fans. Viewers' votes help determine the outcome of this show and he should know that. CA's comments were insulting to both Cloris and her fans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3224578;
    Carrie Ann was very mean spirited in her review of Cloris loast night. To intimate that Cloris is responsible for getting rid of a 'great dancer like Toni' had to be quite off putting to Cloris' fans. Viewers' votes help determine the outcome of this show and he should know that. CA's comments were insulting to both Cloris and her fans.
    Ironically, even though I've been defending Cloris in the threads here, and have voted for her in several weeks, I wasn't all that put off by Carrie Ann's comment. I can appreciate where she was coming from. For a person who thinks that votes should be based purely on dancing ability, Cloris SHOULD be gone. I don't vote for her because she's a great dancer -- I vote for her because she's fun. I see it as a "to each his own" kind of thing, and can appreciate that Carrie Ann and me are looking for two totally different things. Carrie Ann was taking a moment to appeal to the viewers who are voting for Cloris. I took her comments into consideration, but at the end of the day, I'm voting on my preferences, and voted for Cloris again anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3224578;
    Totally agree.

And it's quite ludicrous, considering that the show's concept is about a mix between judges' assessments and fan votes.

I guess Carrie Anne was too caught up in her horniness for Warren (who was yet to perform) to be kind to an elderly person and let them down gently.

Shame on you, Carrie Anne.

Methinks that many of these pros and judges have egos that are way too huge, and they are too caught up in their "own press".

Second 'Dancing' Star's Health Crisis

"Dancing with the Stars" pro Lacey Schwimmer tells the TV show "The Insider" that she was just diagnosed today with the same condition Julianne Hough suffers from.

Lacey tells "The Insider" exclusively that she learned – just today -- that she too has endometriosis -- only after her fellow dancer Julianne Hough was diagnosed with the condition. Lacey tells "The Insider" that she saw a doctor after realizing that she had many of the same symptoms as Julianne, and that she never would have gotten it checked out if it wasn't for Julianne.

Luckily, Lacey only has the early stage of the condition, and is currently only taking medication for it. She tells "The Insider" that surgery isn't necessary at this time.

Julianne underwent surgery related to her endometriosis on Tuesday. She posted the following definition of endometriosis on her Web site: "Endometriosis is the development of uterine-lining tissue outside the uterus on the surfaces of organs in the pelvis or abdomen where they are not supposed to grow. It is a common medical condition found in 5-10 percent of women of reproductive age around the world."
    So for those keeping track, this would definitely be the season of injuries: we've had Jeff with a scratched cornea, Karina with a rolled ankle, Susan and Brooke with ankle injuries, Derek with another neck injury, Julianne and now Lacey, both with the same thing.

I'm glad Lacey decided to get checked out rather than ignore her body or put it off.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-30-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Dancing's Maksim Denies Criticizing Cheryl Burke's Weight - Cheryl Burke : People.com

Here's Maks's clarification over the whole weight controversy:

Dancing's Maksim Denies Criticizing Cheryl Burke's Weight
    Originally posted Thursday October 30, 2008 03:35 PM EDT

Maksim Chmerkovskiy has denied criticizing Dancing With the Stars pros Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer over their weight, telling PEOPLE his reported comments were "taken completely out of context."

"I am outspoken but I do not discriminate how people look," Chmerkovskiy, 28, says. "That's the great thing about ballroom – unlike jazz and ballet – it doesn't discriminate. People of all shapes and sizes and levels of ability can take part in ballroom dancing."

He says he had been commenting generally about "how excess weight on the body takes its toll on the joints, the lower back," he explains. Schwimmer put on weight after an extensive recuperation period following knee surgery last year. Burke told PEOPLE last month she gained a few pounds over the summer, the result of not dancing every day.

"I never criticized Cheryl or Lacey," Chmerkovskiy says.

He has since been slammed by fans, receiving email messages "telling me to go back to my country," he says, noting that he has spoken with Burke and has reached out to Schwimmer. "We're fine. I'm dancing with Cheryl next week."

What he's most concerned about is how all of this is affecting people who want to dance.

"I am a big promoter of being healthy and physical activity, but in my business, I do not condemn how people look," he says. "It's sad how all of this got spun."

Even when he's denying making those comments, he still kind of comes across as a bit superficial and it still seems like to me anyways, he was referring to their weights.

I am absolutely willing to give Maks teh benefit of the doubt. I've been around the media enough to know that if they can mis-quote you to sell stories, they will.

+ Reply to Thread