+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 232 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3889061;
    So the dances so far this week are:

Chad/Cheryl: Viennese Waltz
    Erin/Maks: Quick step
    Pam/Damian: Waltz or Samba (she tweeted waltz, but said on the show samba)

Teams for the team dance are: Nicole/Chad/Pam against Evan/Erin/Niecy. Nothing lopsided here I bet we know who goes first and who goes last and who will come out on top. Hopefully CA has a little more tact than to make the other team feel like complete crap. Derek's 4th team dance in a row, and the 3rd time he'll be with Cheryl, and they've both won every time (Cheryl didn't make it that far last season). At least the choreographers are strong on both sides.
    She did say Samba on the show last night, hmmm? The teams look balanced if you take into consideration who most people think are the ringers. One on each team. If both Evan and Nicole had ended up on the same team, I would have been screaming, literally screaming FOUL. I suppose it doesn't hurt that my guy is on team Derek and Cheryl.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3889203;
    She did say Samba on the show last night, hmmm? The teams look balanced if you take into consideration who most people think are the ringers. One on each team. If both Evan and Nicole had ended up on the same team, I would have been screaming, literally screaming FOUL. I suppose it doesn't hurt that my guy is on team Derek and Cheryl.
    I can see CA and Bruno, and probably Len, totally gushing over the Ringer and Pam, and Chad's just lucky to have gotten in the mix. I actually would rate Erin a better dancer than Pam and slightly above Chad, but I can hear the judges now: Evan was too balletic, Niecy was too humorous, not enough dancing, and Maks will get points off for going shirtless. So they're even in a sense, except Niecy's the weakest link, and Team NCP has two really big judges favorites on it. But maybe they'll do the unpredictable. It'd be funny if one day, despite the backlash they'd probably receive all the way around, for a pro or a celeb to just say screw it and totally call the judges out, or in a case like this realize who's coming out on top and just totally screw around in their dance and say why. I'm not crazy about these team/group dances anymore, especially if they are scored. I'd rather see them each do two individual dances than have to have their scores suffer or get padded because of who's on their side. At least these dances aren't as lopsided and disasterous as season 7 (and I guess last season to a lesser extent).

Brooke was the one who mentioned samba but Pam didn't correct her and even said it looked like fun. So considering the sources... I don't know, I'll think I'll finally enjoy this show I once did without the Hough domination and without the ringers (unless Jonathan or Tony get them-they've certainly paid their dues), and if the judges can quit being so obvious with their favorites and inconsistant scoring.

Niecy's time is probably up this week. I think being on what'll likely be the lower scoring team, plus probably being at the bottom of the leaderboard is going to send her packing. Unless she has a bigger fanbase that'll rally around her.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Niecy/Louis are doing the quick step, and Nicole/Derek the waltz. So 3 waltz's (a Viennese one for Chad), two quick steps, and an Argentine Tango. Evan may score big just for having the only different dance variety.

Team Evan/Erin/Niecy are dancing their cha cha to Madonna whereas Team Nicole/Chad/Pam are dancing to Lady GaGa.

AT should be perfect for Evan. He has to stay in hold, so they can't critique his arm movements, and he doesn't have to move his hips. I'd say his footwork will be awesome.

The TV Paige

What's ailing 'Dancing with the Stars'?
    By Miriam Di Nunzio on April 27, 2010 11:13 AM

On Monday night's episode of "Dancing with the Stars," two things became crystal clear as I watched "the most-watched show in America." One--- it's the halfway point in the season, and frankly, I don't care who wins; and Two--- this show is just not fun anymore.

There, I said it.

I have been a faithful and vocal supporter of this show ever since its debut five years or so ago, from when it was that little oddball show that everyone had written off, except for millions of viewers like me. Over the course of the next 9 seasons, I found the program was steadily evolving, becoming exciting, fun AND funny, quirky, aggravating, ridiculous, disappointing (when the wrong couples were sent home way too early), and actually educational (who knew a samba from a rhumba?). The show embodied everything that makes for good reality television. It has spiraled into shadow of its former marvelous self. Instead of ballroom dancing, most nights (in between the dancing) we're treated to wannabe comic bits and "witty" quotes from stars, pros, and judges trying to out-wit one another.

This season, which started out with an interesting-enough batch of celeb contestants, has turned into "Whining with the Stars." I can't remember any season that contained so much diva drama, whining and complaining (and yes, the producers choose to show specific video clips of those incidents) to the point of exhaustion. It's almost as if the couples are told that each week that the cameras will be scouring their rehearsal time for a meltdown scene. After all, it makes for "great television." Frankly, it's become a downer. How many more scenes of stars walking out of rehearsals do we need to see?

Why not show us one of the pros actually working out a dance routine? Some insight into THEIR creative process (since I truly believe these are extremely talented individuals)? The judges, specifically Len Goodman to his credit, constantly complain that certain "steps" are missing from routines. Why not put a video montage together illustrating the specific steps (in addition to pros demonstrating a "proper" waltz or cha-cha), so we can better understand what these dances involve? That could make for some great television, too. And yes, producers, you could even make it funny.

"Dancing" was great television from day one because it was so different from any other reality show out there. It was charming. And the competition didn't involve eating bugs or jumping off a cliff or stabbing the other contestants in the back. It was all about disparate celebs with pretty much no knowledge of dance taking viewers on a fun-filled journey to sore feet, sore muscles, great costumes and hopefully, an exiting dance routine. There were moments of great joy, injuries, difficult practice sessions, complaining stars, perplexed pros. But all of it came together on game night, in one big, fun-filled competition. Even if every celeb made a total fool of himself or herself out there on those boards, we laughed with them, and it was a great escape at the end of a long, hard work day.

So where HAS all the excitement gone? Do the couples just seem, well, bored? What happened to the days of Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough bringing down the house with their electrifying dance routines? What happened to beautiful moments like watching Jerry Rice's Fred Astaire-like footwork evolve each week? Or poignant moments like Jerry Springer just wanting to learn the waltz so he could dance at his daughter's wedding? Or sizzling moments like the tango between Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff?

In a 2009 interview with the Sun-Times, season one competitor John O'Hurley summed it up thusly: "It's now the most over-produced show on television. It's lost so much of its charm. And that's a shame."

And when it comes to the judges' scoring, their comments have in many cases become rather mean-spirited, their "paddles" revealing little consistency ("7s" for Jake's miserable samba Monday night was ludicrous; "robbing" Chad Ochocinco of 9s for his very good Argentine tango was incomprehensible).

As for who goes home tonight, Jake should get the boot. But if I were Pamela Anderson and Chad Ochocinco, I'd be worried.

And yes, I will continue to watch this season, right up to the presentation of that marvelously tacky mirror-ball trophy. After all, it only brings us that much closer to next season.

Little tidbits about this Tuesday nights' Results show:

Tony tweeted that he, Cheryl, Mark, Chelsie, Lacey and Dmitry will be dancing to Train.

Melissa Rycroft tweeted that there will be a package shown Tuesday night of her and Joey (I think). However, it might be just one of those like she did a couple of weeks ago, not sure. She said she and Joey were dancing on May 18th and the routine is being choreographed by Mark Ballas.

There is an adorable photo of her and Joey in NY where they were doing the talk show rounds promoting some fundraising event they were going to host. They were hugging each other.....so cute. They seem to get along really well. I don't think they had ever met before this. Can't wait to see their tango. I loved Joey on his season and Mel in hers. I hope they do good.

Karina will also be dancing on the results show with Louis. I was never a fan of Karina's and probably if/when she returns I'll go back to disliking her, but oddly I'm looking forward to seeing her. She and Louis were former dance partners way back and ranked very high in the world of dance together.

And another suggestion of things to drop for next season? Design a Dance. I don't even think anyone cares because things supposedly got voted on when no one even knew there was voting for it They had the two "favorite" pros paired up, they had a former celeb and pro, and now two former celebs. What other combos could they do?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3892503;
    And another suggestion of things to drop for next season? Design a Dance. I don't even think anyone cares because things supposedly got voted on when no one even knew there was voting for it They had the two "favorite" pros paired up, they had a former celeb and pro, and now two former celebs. What other combos could they do?
    I would much rather see the pros dance to use this time. I have no desire to see "recycled" contestants.

Deadliest Catch‘s Sig Hansen Is Hooked on Dancing - PEOPLE TV Watch

Dancing with the Stars

Deadliest Catch‘s Sig Hansen Is Hooked on Dancing
    May 3, 2010

He leads a crew of fisherman as the captain of the Northwestern on Deadliest Catch, but can Sig Hansen lead on the dance floor?

The fisherman, who’s “addicted to Dancing with the Stars” thanks to his family, says he’d compete on the show “just because it’s a challenge.”

During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show, Hansen discussed costume ideas with Jay Leno and practiced the cha cha with a professional dancer.

But the captain admitted, “When you’re used to being your own boss and all of a sudden you’ve got this little girl that’s telling you what to do, it’s not an easy pill to swallow.”

Although he may be more comfortable on the Bering Sea than in front of Dancing‘s panel of judges, Hansen has a message for the outspoken Bruno Tonioli: “I want to kick his a–,” he says.

Meanwhile, fans have started a petition on Facebook in hopes of getting Hansen on ABC’s ballroom competition. Hey, it worked for Betty White and SNL. –Sarah Schlow

General Election 2010: Tony Blair offered £250,000 to appear on Dancing with the Stars | Mail Online

Tony Blair offered £250,000 to appear on Dancing with the Stars
    By Niall Firth
    Last updated at 4:56 PM on 3rd May 2010
    Comments (21) Add to My Stories

He has shown that he is willing to turn his hand to just about anything - just so long as it pays well.

From lucrative after-dinner speeches to advising Arab governments and investment banks, Tony Blair has certainly made the most of his life after politics.

And now the former Prime Minister has been offered £250,000 to sign up for the next series of Dancing With The Stars, the U.S version of Strictly Come Dancing. Conrad Green, the executive producer of the show, is desperate for the former Prime Minister to come and strut his stuff for the American public.
    The media mogul has called on Mr Blair - who this week returned to help boost Labour's flagging election campaign - to play on his popularity on the U.S.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror he said: 'Tony, you've done everything you can do as PM, you've done your bit for the Middle East, now come and put some sequins on and have a real life'.
    Whether £250,000 for signing up to an entire series of Dancing with the Stars would appear good value to Mr Blair is uncertain. Last week the Mail revealed that the former Prime Minster can make as much as $350,000 for just four hours' work speaking to millionaires at a convention centre in Kuala Lumpur.
    Mr Green said he would pair Blair with Ukrainian dancer Karina Smirnoff, 31.
    Karina Smirnoff would be paired with Tony Blair if he accepted the invitation to join the show
    'I think she would be very happy with him,' Mr Green said. 'Tony is very popular in the States and I think he may as well come out here and give it a try. 'Hopefully he might be able to squeeze it in between solving the Palestinian problem and all those other things he's got on.'
    Although he has completed some unpaid humanitarian work since standing down in 2007, Mr Blair has earned millions advising banks, companies and Arab governments.

He has also made huge amounts from public speaking engagements.
    Last year he said that he had 'got out of politics early enough to have a second act in life' and complained that the media attacked him for doing so.
    He also insisted that it was only in the UK that he was dislike whereas in the U.S nobody complained about how much money he was making.
    The next series of Dancing with the Stars begins in the autumn and will be shown in the UK on the cable TV station, Watch.
    Mr Green has said he wants to use Mr Blair's pulling power to convince former US president Bill Clinton to join him on the show'I did ask Clinton once - we rang up his office.

'But sadly the conversation only lasted as long as it took to say 'Dancing with the...' before they hung up.'
    I don't know how much stock I put in this. First, I never know them to ever say who they're pairing someone up with, especially this far in advance. Also, I'm not sure how Tony Blair's popularity is but I don't think it'll click with the audience. The way the article is written, it's like they have it guaranteed for him to win if he signs on. That's probably the only way I could see Karina being happy with this pairing

Enough with the politicians. Thank you controversial stunt castings Heather Mills, Tom Delay, and Kate Gosselin

+ Reply to Thread