+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 232 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 2316
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

  1. #871
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Didn't Jake dance with Rachel on an episode of Extra TV during his season?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  2. #872
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3884760;
    Didn't Jake dance with Rachel on an episode of Extra TV during his season?
    Yes, Rachel interviewed Jake on Extra the week Ali left the show because they talked about it. Rachel, Jake and another couple danced the salsa, or tried to anyway. Not good!

  3. #873
    FORT Fogey itsyourmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    910

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3884744;
    And for anyone who watches The Soup, make sure you catch it this week. Bruno came on and did his own spoof of Jake-pantless and then came back out shirtless. He doesn't have a bad looking body
    That whole DWTS segment was pretty funny.

  4. #874
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Dancing's Maks: Judges Aren't Constructive; Kate Resisted Tony - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

    Here's Maks's blog for the week. I can't get their thread to open the last page or reply (of course it has to be my favorite couple whose thread I'm having trouble with ) One thing has me a little worried:

    This week, we have the samba and the swing marathon. The samba's going great. The song we got is not traditional samba, so we can't just run out and shake it. I'm really happy with what I come up and how Erin's doing it. For the swing marathon, we're just re-interpreting our jive into the swing because that's what the jive is. There are a lot of swing elements in the jive, so we'll add a few lifts and repackage it. I think the couples who have already danced jive will have an easier time.
    I doubt it's the first time Maks will have had a non-samba related song for this dance (in fact, looking at his past dances, I'm not sure he ever has). Anyway, since I already feel like Erin is touch and go with the judges, and the fact she has to go up against Nicole and Evan in the same dance (who I'm sure will both have more appropriate samba music ) I'm a little worried she'll get dinged for nothing again just because of the song choice. I know she's been really busy this past weekend and having to have 2 dances, I don't know. I get to watch liiive tonight so at least I can see for myself, though you guys are great at keeping my nerves under wrap when I can't watch.

    Chad, Pam, and Jake all have the AT (not that it matters but I think Kate was doing the AT, too, if she was still here). Since that dance requires lifts I think Chad might have a better week. Niecy has the samba but I have to say I thought her jive was a whole lot of shaking, and not her booty. I don't think she's really the best dancer so I think she might be down again this week. We already know Nicole and Evan are going to do awesome. I feel like the swing dance might be make or break for certain couples. Now that the obvious bad dancers are gone, the real competition can begin. Will Pam's fanbase step in and save her? I think we might be in for a surprise this week.

  5. #875
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I read Jake has Samba and Niecy has AT on other boards. It might be best for show to split up Nicole and Evan but they won't as they want them to compete head-to-head. Erin has some dance experience in her past so if they are looking to screw any of them this week it would be Jake or Niecy if they have samba because they are true novices going against 3 who at least have some dance in their past even if it isn't BR it can't hurt any. I think Niecy will be in the bottom spot again this week in main dance regardless. I think we will a few high, quite a few bunched, and 1 or 2 low.

  6. #876
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3886558;
    I read Jake has Samba and Niecy has AT on other boards. It might be best for show to split up Nicole and Evan but they won't as they want them to compete head-to-head. Erin has some dance experience in her past so if they are looking to screw any of them this week it would be Jake or Niecy if they have samba because they are true novices going against 3 who at least have some dance in their past even if it isn't BR it can't hurt any.
    You're right, I had them backwards. Hmm, I'm not sure I see Niecy pulling off an AT. She can't bring out the funny or shake her jiggly parts, but she might be able to really bring out the passion. Jake doing the samba-again, not sure, but I think he'll be okay. I think Niecy and Erin are going to be the ones this week that might be in trouble, but hopefully Erin's samba puts my nerves to rest a little.

  7. #877
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3886562;
    You're right, I had them backwards. Hmm, I'm not sure I see Niecy pulling off an AT. She can't bring out the funny or shake her jiggly parts, but she might be able to really bring out the passion. Jake doing the samba-again, not sure, but I think he'll be okay. I think Niecy and Erin are going to be the ones this week that might be in trouble, but hopefully Erin's samba puts my nerves to rest a little.
    I hope they mix up the dancing order now that Kate is gone. It just seems unfair (and I think it affects the judges' scores as well) when they keep putting Erin (and often Chad and Niecy) first or second and save Nicole and Evan for last.

  8. #878
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I have always thought it affects the judges scores to go later on in the show versus first. Sometimes they overscore a couple early that doesn't really deserve it, so going later means they have to raise the scores even more. I don't get why they tend to save Nicole for last, unless it's the Derek factor. But I can't believe she is really a draw. It would be nice for them to switch things up. I think Niecy has always gone early or in the middle, but never last. Pam's never gone first. This is their first Kate-less week () so it'll be interesting to see what the ratings are like tomorrow.

  9. #879
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    So the dances so far this week are:

    Chad/Cheryl: Viennese Waltz
    Erin/Maks: Quick step
    Pam/Damian: Waltz or Samba (she tweeted waltz, but said on the show samba)

    Teams for the team dance are: Nicole/Chad/Pam against Evan/Erin/Niecy. Nothing lopsided here I bet we know who goes first and who goes last and who will come out on top. Hopefully CA has a little more tact than to make the other team feel like complete crap. Derek's 4th team dance in a row, and the 3rd time he'll be with Cheryl, and they've both won every time (Cheryl didn't make it that far last season). At least the choreographers are strong on both sides.

  10. #880
    FORT Fan Nice'n'Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    217

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3889061;
    So the dances so far this week are:

    Chad/Cheryl: Viennese Waltz
    Erin/Maks: Quick step
    Pam/Damian: Waltz or Samba (she tweeted waltz, but said on the show samba)

    Teams for the team dance are: Nicole/Chad/Pam against Evan/Erin/Niecy. Nothing lopsided here I bet we know who goes first and who goes last and who will come out on top. Hopefully CA has a little more tact than to make the other team feel like complete crap. Derek's 4th team dance in a row, and the 3rd time he'll be with Cheryl, and they've both won every time (Cheryl didn't make it that far last season). At least the choreographers are strong on both sides.

    Based on the last scores, that's 1/3/4 vs 2/5/6, but in reality it's a 1/4/5 vs 2/3/6, when you place Evan where he should've been placed. I'm looking at it from that perspective lest I'll be forced to use that little blue projectile emoticon.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.