+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 232 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3883549;
    What am I missing? How does one lump in Erin, who is not a reality "star" exploiting her kids or anyone's mistress, with the other two? I really do not get the hate and derision directed at her by people in the media, let alone jealous anonymous idiots. She is very attractive and was the victim of a pervert, are we still living in the dark ages where she should now crawl into a hole or become a nun? Can anyone shed any light on why people in the sports world are so hostile or dismissive of her?
    I'm not a sports person and hadn't heard anything about Erin before she came on DWTS. I knew she worked for ESPN and about the peeping top incident, of course. Personally, she seems like a nice person, very attractive and looks like she's having a good time. I haven't read any of the bashing of her, but whoever is doing it is just jealous or has problems with women being so closely associated with men's sports. I don't get it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3883417;
    If a Tiger mistress really will be on DWTS next season count me out. I just won't watch anymore. That's just too bottom of the barrel. Praying this is rumor but who knows? I wouldn't doubt it. I'll be done if true.

Tiger Woods mistress to be on Dancing With the Stars - Out of Bounds - NBC Sports

Tiger Woods mistress to be on Dancing With the Stars
    Thu Apr 22,2010 1:00 PM ET By Rick Chandler

Dancing With the Stars and Tiger Woods mistresses; two great tastes that go great together. You knew that sooner or later one of these alleged Tiger squeezes would parlay their fame into a prime time television gig, and now we have a winner. Rachel Uchitel will appear on next season's edition of Dancing With the Stars ... apparently. You may feign dismay and shred your garments, but let's face it: If you've watched it with Erin Andrews and Kate Gosselin on board, you're going to watch this one as well. Also, somehow, Mario Lopez is involved. Serenity now!

Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal got the scoop, because nothing in that town happens without him personally seeing it though a pinhole camera. Clarke reports that Uchitel has been working out with Tony Delgado, who owns Delgado Dance Studios in Vegas. But when asked if Uchitel was headed to the ABC show:

"I can't confirm that," said Delgado, who has worked with boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. and headliners Penn Jillette and Holly Madison before their participation on "DWTS." Delgado said Uchitel was referred to him by Mario Lopez, who played a teen on "Saved By the Bell" and was the runner-up in the third season of "DWTS" with Cheryl Burke. Lopez now hosts "Extra," the syndicated TV entertainment show.
    The surprise, said Delgado, was that Uchitel "was quite different than how she's been portrayed in the tabloids. She's normal and down to earth."
    Uchitel has been concentrating on the salsa, said Delgado. "She's really passionate about dancing," he said. They have an understanding, he said. "I told her I don't want this to be a publicity thing," for either party. "I told her she had to take me serious or I'd have given her to another instructor," he said. "She's very dedicated." She's also taking guitar lessons. Serenity now!

(Sound of guitar string breaking).

I'll confess that I never really got that show, or why so many "celebrities" are clamoring to get on it. It's reality TV at it's worst, and only seems to end in humiliating defeat for all concerned. But I guess that if you're into dancing, it's like going to fantasy baseball camp. Only when that bad-hop grounder knocks off your glasses, it's on national TV.

Anyway, another alleged Tiger mistress cashes in. Their motto: "I have slept with Tiger Woods ... and I must salsa!"

Oh, Gawd.

Can you imagine what her opening package will be on the premier?

"I'm Rachel Uchitel, and I was famous for being a homewrecker and sleeping with Tiger Woods. I was his 19th hole. And now, I'm gonna sleep my way to that mirror ball trophy! It'll be a hole in one! *winks*"

Do not even put that skank on my tv. If they do, I'm out for good this time.

FORT Fanatic

If this is true, count me out, also, as a DWTS watcher. How low can you go?

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3884319;
    If this is true, count me out, also, as a DWTS watcher. How low can you go?
    Me too....I barely watched with Kate on.... now this???

What is wrong in our society when we are now glorifying someone like her with a TV Show? What's next Jesse James mistress? These people are not "Stars"!!!! There is another word for them that I won't type on here, but I think you all might get it. And it would be the same if it were a guy!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by bboo88;3884228;
    Oh, Gawd.

Can you imagine what her opening package will be on the premier?

"I'm Rachel Uchitel, and I was famous for being a homewrecker and sleeping with Tiger Woods. I was his 19th hole. And now, I'm gonna sleep my way to that mirror ball trophy! It'll be a hole in one! *winks*"

Do not even put that skank on my tv. If they do, I'm out for good this time.
    That's hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3884417;
    Me too....I barely watched with Kate on.... now this???

What is wrong in our society when we are now glorifying someone like her with a TV Show? What's next Jesse James mistress? These people are not "Stars"!!!! There is another word for them that I won't type on here, but I think you all might get it. And it would be the same if it were a guy!
    If this ends up being true the show has officially jumped the shark. I won't watch. Her claim to fame is screwing Tiger. Gross.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if we have to worry about Rachel. According to a site I read seeing if there was any more meat to this rumor, she's reportedly doing the classes for fun (though by their insiders info, she sounds like she'd make Kate Gosselin proud-unmotivated, clunky, and has a hard time getting rhythm). Of course she could have been warned by her peeps not to be talking about doing the show so it doesn't ruin her chances. I still can't believe the show would sink this low. There has to be other controversial casting peeps that would be less controversial than a homewrecker who's looking to cash in on causing a poor mother pain.

The thing is, what is intriguing about watching people you do not know? The thing about watching the stars is that you are familiar with them but not in the dancing world so that is what is compelling about watching them and reflects the name of the show. Who cares about someone you had no idea who they were and is just the same joe blow down the street that happened to hook up with some golf dude? What's DWTS about that? Are they hard up for participants? Sheesh! I could not believe it when they cast the Hugh Heffner chick. Lame....That was pretty low class. A 20 something threesome who all claim to have a sexual relationship with an 80 year old man. That was enough to turn my TV off, luckily she was gone in no time, but really, that is sick...they are stars why?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3884709;
    The thing is, what is intriguing about watching people you do not know? The thing about watching the stars is that you are familiar with them but not in the dancing world so that is what is compelling about watching them and reflects the name of the show. Who cares about someone you had no idea who they were and is just the same joe blow down the street that happened to hook up with some golf dude? What's DWTS about that? Are they hard up for participants? Sheesh! I could not believe it when they cast the Hugh Heffner chick. Lame....That was pretty low class. A 20 something threesome who all claim to have a sexual relationship with an 80 year old man. That was enough to turn my TV off, luckily she was gone in no time, but really, that is sick...they are stars why?
    Holly was a last minute replacement, so in her defense, she was probably one of the only ones the show could find to step in. Funny thing is, she had been wanting to do the show but kept getting turned down for it because she wasn't considered family friendly enough and hadn't accomplished anything outside of being reality show personality. I am starting to wonder, if the show seriously even considered casting someone like Rachel or anyone in her genre, if the show is getting turned down by a lot of other D-listers who figures it's career suicide to be associated in a cast with a homewrecker. I agree that if the show keeps up scrapping the bottom of the barrell not only of people famous for being on reality shows, but people who are famous for being media personalities only (what's next, "superdad" Michael Lohan?) it's probably going to end up being a huge turn off for viewers. They can't think that just because the media is stupid enough to give these pieces of crap interviews and hook them up with reality shows, and because some people would actually tune in (maybe rather for the train wreck/mocking factor), it'd be a good choice for a show like this. Kate Gosselin? I can get that.

I do agree with the rest of your post about tuning in to the stars of the show and seeing them do something out of their comfort zone, which is why I get a huge turnoff from the ringers. D-list and has beens or not, give me Evander Holyfield, Jerry Springer, Jerry Rice, fragile little Susan Lucci, or the Woz over someone like Rachel. Bad dancers they were, but it made for good TV, and you could get behind them.

And for anyone who watches The Soup, make sure you catch it this week. Bruno came on and did his own spoof of Jake-pantless and then came back out shirtless. He doesn't have a bad looking body
    Last edited by karalott; 04-24-2010 at 12:20 AM.

OMG
    I can't believe they'd even consider her.
    And, what the heck is wrong with her, anyway?!!
    Gloria Allred was her lawyer and she got Rachel a **%%$###@$ of money.
    So, it's not like Rachel even needs the money!!
    Rachel needs to to take her reality show to either VH1 or MTV. That might be a better venue for her than DWTS.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread