+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 232 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Cheryl Cole’s dancer friend Derek Hough joins Strictly Come Dancing | The Sun |Showbiz|TV|X Factor

BBC bosses turn to America to sign up new experts for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing

CHERYL Cole's friend Derek Hough is joining Strictly Come Dancing this autumn so they can spend even more time together.
    The professional dancer is currently appearing on Dancing With The Stars in America, alongside Pussycat Dolls sexpot Nicole Scherzinger.

But a source told TV Biz: "He has been asked to join Strictly and he's incredibly keen to do so.

"It means missing the next season of the US show but it would give him more time with Cheryl."

Since X Factor judge Cheryl, 26, split with love rat footballer husband Ashley, she has been photographed enjoying the company of hunk Derek.

He also appeared in her Parachutes video and danced with her on her Cheryl Cole's Night In TV special last year.

Although 24-year-old Derek's move to the British show might add a new dimension to his friendship with Cheryl - it would put the pair head-to-head in the ratings war.

The source said: "Derek thinks it will be fun to take Cheryl on. She's won with The X Factor two years running, now he wants to win."

Bosses at Strictly are looking to shake up the male dancers.

Anton Du Beke - real name Tony Beak - looks certain to get the bullet for sparking a race row that embarrassed bosses last year after calling partner Laila Rouass a "P***".

Other names tipped to be weeded out include Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova and Anton's professional partner Erin Boag.
    Make of it what you will, but it goes along with the article about Strictly axing some of its pros and wanting to recruit US dancers, including DWTS alum. I actually wonder how Derek would be viewed over there. Len spoke out and said he thinks he'd be a wonderful addition. As long as they don't touch Maks!

DWTS' Kate Gosselin: My Kids Will Be "Shattered"
    Kate Gosselin -- who consistently bombed during her five-week run on ABC's Dancing With the Stars -- says she had a hunch she and partner Tony Dolovani would be eliminated on Tuesday's show.
    Despite being a fan fave, they had the lowest judges' score, 15, on Monday's show.

"I had a gut feeling and there was nothing making that gut feeling go away," the reality mom, 35, told Entertainment Tonight after getting the boot. "Everyone deserves to move on, and I had a good run and am really thankful for the opportunity."

Though she claims she is OK leaving, her eight children "will be upset, definitely," she said. "They will be shattered, in fact." She said she is not "letting them watch" her elimination episode, so "they'll be OK. They'll be glad to have me back. I'm thrilled to have been here and obviously going back to my kids is always a wonderful thing."

She echoed those sentiments later in the night on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live, saying she was "not surprised" she got the boot.

Before the season began, she vowed to Kimmel that she was going "to win" the show. When he called her out for the remark after her elimination, she replied, "I always believe what I say ... but then, like, that dancing stuff started."

Added the mom, "To be very, very honest, if I didn't have, as Tony says, three other lives going on then I probably could've done better."

News - DWTS' Kate Gosselin: My Kids Will Be "Shattered" - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Shattered Kate?? – Really???

To be very, very honest, if I didn't have, as Tony says, three other lives going on then I probably could've done better.
    Oh please......everyone has lives outside of the show and never once used that as an excuse for why they didn't do well. Shame on Tony for enabling the pity party.

FORT Fanatic

She also said that she had a gut feeling that she would be eliminated and that "My gut feelings are always right" (not exact words but general
    idea). She is so full of herself. I would bet that Tony is relieved to
    have that over and done with.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

So it's gone from frustration at her lack of motivation to her giving 100%.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The swing dance marathon next week is going to be done like the mambo marathon last season, according to Louis. All the couples go out on the floor, and every minute or so, the judges pick one couple to leave the floor. They get points based on how long they stay, and the last remaining couple gets a 10. Basically they should just let Evan and Nicole compete and have everyone else draw for points, because we know that's how it'll end up The judges are supposed to base it on everyone's dancing ability, but know how that can go, and besides, those 2 are way ahead of everyone.

The dances next week are Argentine Tango and Samba, and per interviews this is what everyone has:

Samba: Evan/Anna, Jake/Chelsie, Nicole/Derek, Erin/Maks
    Argentine Tango: Pamela/Damian, Niecy/Louis, Chad/Cheryl

EXCLUSIVE: Erin Andrews: "I'm Losing My Butt and Boobs" on DWTS!

Erin Andrews -- who survived another DWTS round this week - is already about 10 pounds lighter since starting the hit ABC show in March, but the single, size-4 ESPN reporter, 31, tells UsMagazine.com, "I'm trying to keep weight on. I'm losing my butt and my boobs!"

Before calorie-torching tango sessions with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, the 5-foot-10 star (whose sister is a pro dancer) kept in shape with daily workouts that alternated weights and cardio -- while listening to competitor Nicole Scherzinger's Pussycat Dolls on her iPod!

"I also did P90X [an exercise DVD set combining plyometrics, martial arts and yoga] with the ESPN guys on the road," adds the nondieter, who has even begun indulging in desserts and regular Coke ("because it has more calories!") to stop shrinking.

But now?

"Dancing is an awesome workout!" says Andrews, who received a 22 out of 31 on her Pulp Fiction-insipired jive last Monday. "My muscles have gotten longer and leaner!"

She hasn't totally given up her traditional workouts.

"If I don't make the gym, I just say, 'OK, I'm going tomorrow,' " she says. "Now I just need a little bulk on my arms!"
    News - Erin Andrews: "I'm Losing My Butt and Boobs" on DWTS! - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3882345;
    The swing dance marathon next week is going to be done like the mambo marathon last season, according to Louis. All the couples go out on the floor, and every minute or so, the judges pick one couple to leave the floor. They get points based on how long they stay, and the last remaining couple gets a 10. Basically they should just let Evan and Nicole compete and have everyone else draw for points, because we know that's how it'll end up The judges are supposed to base it on everyone's dancing ability, but know how that can go, and besides, those 2 are way ahead of everyone.

The dances next week are Argentine Tango and Samba, and per interviews this is what everyone has:

Samba: Evan/Anna, Jake/Chelsie, Nicole/Derek, Erin/Maks
    Argentine Tango: Pamela/Damian, Niecy/Louis, Chad/Cheryl
    Pick straws. lol That's hysterical. And true.

I guess show wants Evan and Nicole to compete directly against one another and play up the battle between them but I would prefer they be split and do different dances at this stage.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882389;
    EXCLUSIVE: Erin Andrews: "I'm Losing My Butt and Boobs" on DWTS!

News - Erin Andrews: "I'm Losing My Butt and Boobs" on DWTS! - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com
    I read the article and was astounded by the comments! One person had the audacity to actually say that Erin had no right to complain about a peeping tom when she showed so much skin on DWTS! She seems to me to be a person who should be pretty neutral and without controversy. I don't get the hostility.

+ Reply to Thread