+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 232 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3879844;
    Maybe they will recruit Khate to go over there to boos the ratings gag
    I'd be more than happy to pay for a one way ticket to ship her there if they will keep her. lol

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Does Jon & Kate even air overseas? It makes me wonder how someone like her would be perceived. SCD has a somewhat different feel/process overall-though they have no problem whipping out the 1, 2, and 3 paddles like the judges here whip out 7, 8, 9, and 10s. Len's actually considered one of the nice guys on the judging panel over there and they have their own designated mean guy. I haven't really ever followed the show close enough to see how the couples are critiqued. I don't think Kate would be getting away with what she does here, though!

It also makes me wonder how the Strictly pros would be viewed by the American audience and vice versa. SCD has a DWTS export, one season wonder and 3rd week boot Brian Fortuana, who wasn't even close to popular here but is loved over there.

But if they want to take Kate and boost ratings, let them. Maybe she'll finally get what's coming to her!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3879844;
    Maybe they will recruit Khate to go over there to boos the ratings gag
    What makes them think KATE is the one bringing in the ratings for goodness sake. It's probably Pamela Anderson and all the Bachelor fans tuning in to see Jake. Of course, Jake was in the B2 a couple of weeks ago, so if they're watching, they're not voting. The ratings thing could just be a fluke and we know why last season was so bad, 16 couples. Ridiculous!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3880058;
    What makes them think KATE is the one bringing in the ratings for goodness sake. It's probably Pamela Anderson and all the Bachelor fans tuning in to see Jake. Of course, Jake was in the B2 a couple of weeks ago, so if they're watching, they're not voting. The ratings thing could just be a fluke and we know why last season was so bad, 16 couples. Ridiculous!
    I've hard conflicting reports which show came out on top last week, DWTS or American Idol. I haven't really been watching Idol this season, but it seems like there's enough going wrong with that season to help give DWTS a little boost. The show is where it's always at, including last season, where I don't think it went below the 17/18 million mark. I see a spike in the second half, but it's not a huge bump anymore, and it might have always been there. Tomorrow the show gets taken down to 90 minutes, so the shorter program might in turn get more viewers just because it's not as long. I think if anyone was solely tuning in for Kate, they've tuned out unless they're a fan or really are enjoying the trainwreck. And it's not even fun anymore now that she's gotten the b***h look off her face and is acting happier and looking softer Basically, now she's just another bad dancer on top of other bad dancers, except she does have more baggage and in her case is getting her butt kissed by the judges. Sorry George Lopez, she isn't even a fun trainwreck anymore.

If viewers were to start tuning out, too, I don't think losing Kate is automatically to blame, though you know that's what the show and she will think. Who does everyone think, and thought since before the premiere, would make the finals and win? Evan and Nicole. As of right now, it looks like they're well on their way, though the better question is will Nicole's attitude do her in. Pamela, Erin and Chad seem like potential front runners to get at least into the top 4. But something about this season is lacking. However, I think the producers did make a lot of right calls after last seasons disaster and are adding just enough little things to maybe make the choreography/dances interesting (story week, passion night, movie week, and whatever else is to come).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3880058;
    First, I didn't watch her show, and I didn't bring in bad preseason feelings, but what I am doing is what you know me for which is that I am watching what is going on, how things are stirring around, and trying to anticipate how it is going to come out.

What I frankly see is that without her, there wouldn't be much hooplah at all. Good, bad, or indifferent - she is at least 80- 90% of the talk about this season's show. Take a look at her thread, the media thread and how many times she is discussed on other contestants' threads as well.

Since I didn't come in with any ill feelings toward her, I believe that I can fairly say that I believe there are several things that have happened from comments she herself has made to scores given that don't equal the comments made by the judges to interviews where obvious questions aren't asked that makes for questioning whether she is in her current position fair and square with no favorable maneuvering from outside forces.

We are beginning to look at what we see as "evidence", and we are questioning how she could be in the position that she is in without a little help from her friends ( in some kinds of high places).

The media is fueling this "Kate fest" along. She is on all kinds of shows and in all kinds of magazines. That kind of press and attention encourages people to tune in and watch. When they do, the ratings are good.

Again, this is the "Kate" season. Until she is gone, it is mostly about her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Karalott - Thanks for the info. I remember that about Ty, now that you mention it. With all Kate's media comments that her heart is really home with her kids, I wonder if the judges will tell her that they are granting her wish.

My friend told me Sherri from The View was wearing a TEAM NIECY shirt today. Interesting after all her antics about Kate. lol

I don't think Kate makes it past F5 and I don't expect ratings to drop when she leaves. It would actually be nice to see others get move coverage because the vast majority of it is going to Kate.

Ther were 2 early frontrunners in Nicole and Evan and both should go to the finals unless Nicole gets viewer backlash. Pam is the other one who should go as of now. The rest of the middle (Niecy/Chad/Jake/Erin) have been up and down. Chad could have the best shot of the middle bunch because football players usually have big fanbases and his dancing is no worse than the others in the middle. I do think Chad could have a little bit of a tough week with QS but can't imagine him in any danger even if true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3880332;
    My friend told me Sherri from The View was wearing a TEAM NIECY shirt today. Interesting after all her antics about Kate. lol
    Sherri's shirt said "Team Niecy" on the front and "Team Kate" on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3880421;
    Sherri's shirt said "Team Niecy" on the front and "Team Kate" on the back.

Now THAT makes more sense. I couldn't see why she would be supporting Niecy after all her support for Kate all along. TY.

FORT Fanatic

She has mentioned her support for Niecy quite a few times this season. I thought the shirt was great until she showed the back.

+ Reply to Thread