+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 232 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

If there's a dance-off next week, I suspect it's a way to get Kate eliminated. Now that Buzz is gone, chances are good she'll be in the B2. With only the judges' vote, she surely can't score higher than whoever the other contestant is. Even though the judges have been way too easy on her with scoring and critiques, I doubt they want to see her stick around while a much better dancer is eliminated, plus at this point they have to know there would be a public outcry ... that's how bad she is!

FORT Fogey

Can't wait for the dance-off. I'm HOPING it is being brought back as a way to get Kate off the show.

Does anyone know what seasons it's been used before and between which contestants?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The way I read Edyta's tweet, it's not this coming week but the week after next. Maybe I'm wrong

They started doing the dance off during season 8, however the methods they used differed between season 8 and season 9. In season 8, it was used in just the first 3 weeks, and what the judges did was re-score the couple on the dance they did the night before. So the new scores were added to their already combined total and from there that was determined who went home. For the first elimination, Belinda/Jonathan went up against Steve/Karina; Belinda got 1 point lower from the judges than the night before and she went home as a result of the combined votes. Week 2, Denise/Maks went up against Holly/Dmitry, and were sent packing. Week 3 was a double elimination, so there was no dance off. The last dance off was week 4, and the pairing was between David/Kym and LT/Edyta, and David led a foul mouthed tirade as he got voted out of the ballrom.

Season 9 the DO happened in the middle of the season, beginning week 6. The judges this time voted for who they wanted to stay. The total number of votes got the couples to the bottom 3, but they were discarded and then they had to perform a brand new 30 second routine just for the judges decision and the judges were supposed to use that only to vote on. Also, those 2 weeks there were double eliminations. The couple with the lowest total was sent home, and the next 2 lowest scoring couples competed in the dance off. The first dance off was between Louie/Chelsie and Michael/Anna. In a 2-1 decision, the judges voted for Michael/Anna to stay (Melissa/Mark were also voted out this episode). The following week, Michael/Anna got the boot and Aaron/Karina (despite getting 2 10s the night before) and Mark/Lacey were in the dance off. This was the week Lacey was sick and Anna actually stepped in for the performance on Monday night, but Lacey did the DO with Mark. The judges voted unanimously to save Aaron/Karina. There was actually supposed to be a 3rd week of the DO but because Tom Delay had to withdraw from the competition and they eliminated another couple that week, too, they dropped one of the planned DO weeks.

You have to remember though, Kate has to land in the bottom 2 in the first place. The problem they had on SCD, our British counterpart, was the worst dancer in the competition during it's 6th season was also the most popular. He ended up withdrawing without ever hitting the bottom 2 and leaving his fate in the hands of the judges, who would have sent him packing. So the DO, while a great concept and probably meant to save the best, doesn't always mean the worst is going to go home.

These are the dances for next week : RUMBA -- Chad, Aiden, Pam, Niecy, Nicole TANGO -- Jake, Evan, Erin, Kate

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3872754;
    These are the dances for next week : RUMBA -- Chad, Aiden, Pam, Niecy, Nicole TANGO -- Jake, Evan, Erin, Kate
    Oh my, this could get steamy.

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3872754;
    Like this past week, these dances are definitely not being randomly assigned, but again, they are playing to the celebs' strengths, with the two sexy guys (Chad and Aiden) getting the rumba, and Jake, again being spared having to show any hip action (or is it us who are being spared?) for another week, with the tango. I am a little disappointed that we won't see an Erin/Maks rumba, but I think she will do well with the tango. Too bad they're not making Kate do the rumba, that might cause enough nationwide nausea to get her voted off, but at least she has the mean face down already for the tango.

Question: Did viewers vote on the dance (Tango) for the Macy's Design a Dance? I must have missed it. I couldn't believe the song Melissa and Joey have to dance the Tango to, Rock and Roll All Nite by Kiss. HUH? That sounds nothing like a Tango dance to me. Am I missing something here?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3872728;
    The way I read Edyta's tweet, it's not this coming week but the week after next. Maybe I'm wrong

They started doing the dance off during season 8, however the methods they used differed between season 8 and season 9. In season 8, it was used in just the first 3 weeks, and what the judges did was re-score the couple on the dance they did the night before. So the new scores were added to their already combined total and from there that was determined who went home. For the first elimination, Belinda/Jonathan went up against Steve/Karina; Belinda got 1 point lower from the judges than the night before and she went home as a result of the combined votes. Week 2, Denise/Maks went up against Holly/Dmitry, and were sent packing. Week 3 was a double elimination, so there was no dance off. The last dance off was week 4, and the pairing was between David/Kym and LT/Edyta, and David led a foul mouthed tirade as he got voted out of the ballrom.

Season 9 the DO happened in the middle of the season, beginning week 6. The judges this time voted for who they wanted to stay. The total number of votes got the couples to the bottom 3, but they were discarded and then they had to perform a brand new 30 second routine just for the judges decision and the judges were supposed to use that only to vote on. Also, those 2 weeks there were double eliminations. The couple with the lowest total was sent home, and the next 2 lowest scoring couples competed in the dance off. The first dance off was between Louie/Chelsie and Michael/Anna. In a 2-1 decision, the judges voted for Michael/Anna to stay (Melissa/Mark were also voted out this episode). The following week, Michael/Anna got the boot and Aaron/Karina (despite getting 2 10s the night before) and Mark/Lacey were in the dance off. This was the week Lacey was sick and Anna actually stepped in for the performance on Monday night, but Lacey did the DO with Mark. The judges voted unanimously to save Aaron/Karina. There was actually supposed to be a 3rd week of the DO but because Tom Delay had to withdraw from the competition and they eliminated another couple that week, too, they dropped one of the planned DO weeks.

You have to remember though, Kate has to land in the bottom 2 in the first place. The problem they had on SCD, our British counterpart, was the worst dancer in the competition during it's 6th season was also the most popular. He ended up withdrawing without ever hitting the bottom 2 and leaving his fate in the hands of the judges, who would have sent him packing. So the DO, while a great concept and probably meant to save the best, doesn't always mean the worst is going to go home.
    Thanks for explaining Karalott.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3874351;
    Question: Did viewers vote on the dance (Tango) for the Macy's Design a Dance? I must have missed it. I couldn't believe the song Melissa and Joey have to dance the Tango to, Rock and Roll All Nite by Kiss. HUH? That sounds nothing like a Tango dance to me. Am I missing something here?
    I think the DAD is a bunch of hooey when it comes to voting and don't really pay much attention, but I swear all I ever heard Tom say was 'vote for your favorite past female/male celeb' and somehow America voted for the tango and the KISS song in there. But maybe I missed the part where Tom mentioned the dance/song

You're welcome Jexter. It makes me wonder if Kate doesn't go this week, if her fans will cry conspiracy should she go during the DO week because that would be the sure fire way to get rid of her. Even if the judges had one dance they had to make their decision on, the other bottom 2 couple would have to royally screw up to get ousted over Kate. And if they kept Kate, what an uproar and mockery (a bigger one than she's already made anyway). But her fanbase, and maybe even Kate herself, might question whether or not she really landed in the bottom 2 since she has yet to do so and did so in the weeks when she really had no way to save herself from the judges vote. I am curious how the judges votes are going to impact the show. I think if Aiden winds up in the bottom 2 against anyone he's gone. But everyone else seems to be on equal ground with the judges, somewhat have their own hardcore fan bases, and are all really good with potential to improve to already there and can't get much better. The DO might prove more beneficial this season than the last 2, but I wonder if it came down to a Niecy/Pamela DO and they kept Pamela, would they get accused of keeping her for ratings? Or if Nicole was in the bottom against anyone, would the ringer backlash rear it's ugly head even more? I mean, in her defense, in a bottom 2 show down, how could they not vote to keep her in?

+ Reply to Thread