+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 232 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

From the Asheville (NC) Citizen-Times, a really lovely column about Cheryl Burke:

Susan Reinhardt: Cheryl Burke is one celebrity with a heart of gold | citizen-times.com | Asheville Citizen-Times

Erin Andrews Feels Safe and Secure in the Arms of Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Despite being the victim of death threats, Erin Andrews fearlessly waltzed through her routine on the third week of "Dancing with the Stars." With the support of her dancing "family," she put on a blindfold, shielding herself from the harsh reality outside the bubble of the studio…and to get into character.

Erin told ET assertively, "Maksim [Chmerkovskiy] was right with me when we found out the news. This was the best scenario to be in because he instantly was like, 'Okay, we're waltzing. We're not worrying about anything else.' So, I didn't have time to."

Plus, she is under the tutelage of the muscular Maks who says he is looking out for her. "I had a shirt that says, 'I am' and on the back 'Security.'"

The ESPN reporter is not the only celebrity competitor who felt targeted by who Pamela Anderson refers to as "weirdos." Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger sympathizes with her, saying, "I had an incident very similar to that in Germany and Amsterdam once and it's really scary, so I told Erin that I was going to say a prayer for her because it kind of messes with you mentally."

Mom of eight Kate Gosselin also commiserates with the situation. Under constant tabloid scrutiny, she said, "I've traveled with security. Erin obviously feels that need now at this point and I was able to give her the advice of just don't let them see you sweat...Don't let them feel like you don't belong here or you need to go home and hide."

The dancers took risks on the dance floor, but to play it safe around the ballroom, the show increased the presence of security on Monday night. "Dancing with the Stars" returns Tuesday night on ABC, when one couple will be sent home.
    Erin Andrews Feels Safe And Secure In The Arms Of Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The more I read about Erin/Maks, the more I love them I don't know how I missed it last night, but in re-watching their performance today they got a kiss in right before he blindfolded her. Maybe it's the surrounding events or that they are playing up the romance rumors for show (or just really getting into character), but I can't believe these two don't have a little something going on. Even if it's not long term, there's definitely an attraction.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

TV ratings: 'Dancing' outscores NCAA final Monday - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

TV ratings: 'Dancing' outscores NCAA final Monday
    By Christine Law
    April 6, 2010 12:58 PM ET

Fast National ratings for Monday, April 5, 2010

CBS got its biggest audience in several years for the finals of the NCAA basketball tournament, but it wasn't quite big enough to push the network ahead of ABC Monday night.

ABC danced its way to the top with 18.1 million viewers and an 11.4 rating/18 share thanks to "Dancing With the Stars." CBS wasn't too far behind, raking in 16.3 million viewers and a 9.9/16. Then there's quite a leap to Monday's third place finisher, FOX (7.2 million, 4.4/7), followed by NBC (5.2 million, 3.3/5) and The CW (1.8 million, 1.2/2).

CBS beat out ABC in the adults 18-49 ratings, scoring a 5.5 to the Alphabet Network's 4.4. FOX came in at 2.3, while NBC averaged 1.6 and The CW 0.9.
    The breakdown was 19.9 million for the first hour and 21.9 in the second hour. So I guess we'll continue to see a lot of Pamela, Kate, and Nicole in the last half for the time being They are down slightly, though, I think even from last week.

why is Us magazine so infatuated with kate? There's a new story every single dal..... I wanna know about the Jake drama they mention on the cover. this woman is going to lose her mind when all the cameras go away and she has to stay at home and raise her brood.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

They must find they sell more mags when she is on the cover. Amazing that we all know the name of a mom from rural PA, isn't it?

you know what - folks who didn't watch the show had no idea who Kate was until they decided to divorce....that's twisted.

I wish I didn't know who Octomom was either - imagine if they decided to cast her for the next season of DWTS.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3872121;
    you know what - folks who didn't watch the show had no idea who Kate was until they decided to divorce....that's twisted.

I wish I didn't know who Octomom was either - imagine if they decided to cast her for the next season of DWTS.
    It seems like O-Mom has had trouble getting a show. Stay tuned. There seems to be a segment of viewers who are cheering Kate on as a newly single working mom and another segment that finds her behavior so appalling that they enjoy mocking her. Either way, it seems to comprise a hefty fan base. Doesn't the papparazzi follow any of the other stars?

+ Reply to Thread