+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 232 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3868236;
    I think they should all dance the same dance. That way we can compare how we think they dance to each other. This way we are quibbling about the difference in the level of difficulty added to the already obvious difference in ability and experience. There are just too many variables, and it is way more difficult than it needs to be.
    I think so too, Bloomers. That way we could compare oranges to oranges. It's harder to hide a flaw when everyone is doing the same dance. But, then people would say the show was boring, not enough variation. What are ya gonna do ...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not entirely sure I'm going to like this whole story telling arc they're shooting for this week. I've never seen them emphasize it before which is why I think it's some different angle they're shooting for. Question is, will the judges love it or will they accuse the couples of going too far from the dance to tell their story (and/or involving any gimmicks as a result). Of course, depending on the couple, the judges will give a pass or rip them a new one. I am in complete agreement that they should stick with just two dance styles a week, and two dance styles that can at least be easily comparable in difficulty.

I will be really irked and thinking along the lines of conspiracy and, while not rigging, heavily producer manipulation if, after this week, they go back to just two dances a week. Last season was the only season where they had more than two dance styles a week. So it's going to look suspicious if they have 3 dance styles this week, and only two the following week, especially since it seems the waltz will benefit Buzz. I feel like they're setting up an Aiden elimination this week. The quick step is probably going to be a lot more challenging for him than the other 2, and since he'll be being compared to Jake, Evan, and Nicole, he'll probably come out in the bottom tier of that group. I also think Kate will probably ditch the dance and play make believe with her paso, and the judges can't criticize Buzz. Those are the only 3 weak links at this point.

Maks has tweeted that he thinks Erin's waltz will be very memorable At least I have those two. I like other couples this season, but my intense dislike for Kate, Derek and his ringer, plus the way Evan and Chad seem to be heading into thrown under the bus territory is bugging me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3868531;
    I'm not entirely sure I'm going to like this whole story telling arc they're shooting for this week. I've never seen them emphasize it before which is why I think it's some different angle they're shooting for. Question is, will the judges love it or will they accuse the couples of going too far from the dance to tell their story (and/or involving any gimmicks as a result). Of course, depending on the couple, the judges will give a pass or rip them a new one. I am in complete agreement that they should stick with just two dance styles a week, and two dance styles that can at least be easily comparable in difficulty.

I will be really irked and thinking along the lines of conspiracy and, while not rigging, heavily producer manipulation if, after this week, they go back to just two dances a week. Last season was the only season where they had more than two dance styles a week. So it's going to look suspicious if they have 3 dance styles this week, and only two the following week, especially since it seems the waltz will benefit Buzz. I feel like they're setting up an Aiden elimination this week. The quick step is probably going to be a lot more challenging for him than the other 2, and since he'll be being compared to Jake, Evan, and Nicole, he'll probably come out in the bottom tier of that group. I also think Kate will probably ditch the dance and play make believe with her paso, and the judges can't criticize Buzz. Those are the only 3 weak links at this point.

Maks has tweeted that he thinks Erin's waltz will be very memorable At least I have those two. I like other couples this season, but my intense dislike for Kate, Derek and his ringer, plus the way Evan and Chad seem to be heading into thrown under the bus territory is bugging me.
    I watched So You Think You Can Dance for the first time last season. The show brings in these fantastically, fabulously gifted choreographers who craft a story for the couple's designated type of dance routine.
    At first, it seemed contrived to me. However, after I had a while to adjust to the concept, I thoroughly enjoyed the idea. It ups the ante as well as the level of difficulty. Not only do the dancers have to deliver technique, but they also have to deliver quality interpretation.
    I don't know how much experience the rest of them have with the story idea or how much help they are going to get, but Chelsey - who came from SYTYCD - should have at least a heads up on how to reasonably go about this story dance.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Hi Lucky22. I have had similar trouble for quite awhile when trying to open threads and reply to posts. It takes forever processing, then I get a connection error message. The only way I can post is if I am logged out, then I log in after opening the thread I want to comment on. I can't reply to a specific post by quoting it. I can only reply using the Quick Reply box. It might be some kind of configuration or setting problem. Maybe it is an ISP problem. Sorry I can't help. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone!

This was happening to me also, and I pm'd a moderator who gave me the "problems" thread. It suggested to switch your settings to 10 to 20 posts per page instead of 100. Once I did that, it was fixed. Good luck!

(Thank you, hepcat!!)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3868830;
    This was happening to me also, and I pm'd a moderator who gave me the "problems" thread. It suggested to switch your settings to 10 to 20 posts per page instead of 100. Once I did that, it was fixed. Good luck!

(Thank you, hepcat!!)
    Add me to the list of posters having problems! It was weird - I could open all of the dancers' threads, even though it took forever, except Chelsie and Jake! Today I couldn't access the media thread. I reset some things on my computer and that didn't help. I couldn't even pm a moderator. So I posted on the Problems forum and got the same help from hepcat. I lowered my posts per page to 20, and now I can read the latest about ALL of the dancers!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3868531;

Imo, that's what Mya & Dmitry were doing with their dances last season, getting into character and telling a story but Len, was always knocking Dmitry's choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3868144;
    Buzz is doing the waltz, along with Erin and Niecy. That's why I was thinking it was a pass for them.
    OK. Thanks.

Glad to hear that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

(Thank you, hepcat!!)
    Thanks, but all along I've only been getting about 8 posts per page, so that is not the problem for me. This is the only website where it happens, and in my case, I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I have a malware-blocking program, and this website is full of malware! I have to wait for the malware to be blocked before anything will open. Everyone who frequents this site should have their computers checked for malware and delete it. I've used the "problems" thread before and got no help at all. Tried to report the malware issue to "contact us," and my email was bounced back to me.

(Thank you, hepcat!!)
    Thanks, mom2 and Beachmom! That worked!

+ Reply to Thread