+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 232 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Erin and Maks were on the Bonnie Hunt Show this morning. They seem to bicker a lot, but it seems just good-natured kidding. Erin said Maks is hard on her, but she needs that and knew he would be. Maks did say Erin talks and argues too much. She said she has trouble understanding his Russian accent and did a funny imitation of him. He quickly corrected her about being Russian -- said he is from the Ukraine, which is a totally different country. Bonnie was funny and made Maks blush -- said she is a good dancer on her back and would love to go home with him! Woo!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3863574;
    Erin and Maks were on the Bonnie Hunt Show this morning. They seem to bicker a lot, but it seems just good-natured kidding. Erin said Maks is hard on her, but she needs that and knew he would be. Maks did say Erin talks and argues too much. She said she has trouble understanding his Russian accent and did a funny imitation of him. He quickly corrected her about being Russian -- said he is from the Ukraine, which is a totally different country. Bonnie was funny and made Maks blush -- said she is a good dancer on her back and would love to go home with him! Woo!
    I happened on to that while on the treadmill this morning. It was funny because Erin tried to imitate Maks and he complained she was using a French accent.
    There's chemistry between the two of them, for sure.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The Beach Boys to Perform on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ | Disnology

The Beach Boys to Perform on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
    March 25, 2010 by Disnology
    Who is your favorite ‘Dancing with the Stars’ couple on ABC? On the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, the first couple of the season is eliminated. Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award ® recipients The Beach Boys take to the stage and, in an uplifting Macy’s “Stars of Dance” performance, Haitian dancers honor victims of the Haiti earthquake, when “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show” premieres in its new time period, TUESDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-9:00p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Often called “America’s Band,” The Beach Boys will perform a medley of their hits “California Girls,” “Kokomo” and “Fun, Fun, Fun.” Honorary band member John Stamos (“ER,” “Full House”) will sit in with the band on guitar and drums. Stamos previously performed with the band in 1992, singing lead vocals for the song “Forever” for the album “Summer in Paradise.” They will be accompanied on the stage by professional “Dancing with the Stars” dancers Louis Van Amstel, Anna Trebunskya, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Cheryl Burke, Damian Whitewood and Ashly Costa. The Beach Boys are led by original band member Mike Love and long time performer Bruce Johnston, along with Christian Love, Scott Totten, Randell Kirsch, John Cowsill and Tim Bonhomme.

The first Macy’s “Stars of Dance” performance of the season will pay tribute to the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti in a special performance introduced by activist and celebrity Wyclef Jean via video message. Led by former World Mambo Champion and Haitian dancer Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine, several of Haiti’s top ballroom dancers will perform a mambo to Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie” on the “Dancing with the Stars” stage. Following the performance, viewers will be directed to ABC.com’s “Hope for Haiti” site to donate funds to the charity.

In addition, all 11 “Dancing with the Stars” pros will perform a ballroom fusion number by Michael Jackson’s renowned choreographer, Travis Payne. Also, “Dancing with the Stars” Season 6 alum Adam Corolla will do a comic review of the previous evening’s show.

By evening’s end, one couple will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges’ scores and viewers’ votes on dances performed in weeks one and two. Who among the following 11 teams will be the first to leave the ballroom floor?
    And even if the audience is still undecided on whether they like the celeb-quarium (I don't), the pros seem to (at least two of them):

Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See - PEOPLE TV Watch

To make things even more intimate, dancers and celebrities stepped outside of the box to watch their competitors perform. “I like the skybox,” Louis Van Amstel said. “We can watch the show live instead of watching monitors. Tony Dovolani agreed: “All these seasons we’ve been saying we felt separated from the audience. Now we feel like we’re part of the audience.”

Just a reminder ! DWTS will be re-aired tonight from 8 to 10.

For DWTS and Millionaire fans...
    “Dancing With The Stars” Week This Week on “Millionaire”
    Posted by Alex Davis On March - 27 - 2010

All Dancing With the Stars fans take note: the special Dancing With the Stars edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire begins this Monday, March 29th, and runs through the entire week.

Host of Dancing, Tom Bergeron (who guest hosted Millionaire previously) will sit in as the Expert for Skype’s Ask the Expert all week. Celebrity questions will be read by Dancing personalities such as Cheryl Burke, Mark Ballas, Lacey Schwimmer, Chelsie Hightower, Derek Hough and Maksim Chmerkovskiy as well as judges Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba. There will also be some video questions featuring memorable celebrity dances.

For those that enjoy the ABC show, this really isn’t a week to miss. Disney-ABC has been nice enough to supply us with several videos to get you ready for it. Enjoy this first one, featuring Tom Bergeron. The results aren’t spoiled and the answer is given away, so it’s practically spoiler free.

Link to full article with video here.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Tony Dovolani: I Regret Telling Kate Gosselin "I Quit"

Tuesday – March 30, 2010

Tony Dovolani regrets telling partner Kate Gosselin he "quit" after a rehearsal spat featured on Monday's show.
    "I don't like speaking when I am upset, and I don't ever want to bring back words that I don't mean, and 'I quit' I guess was one of them," he told Entertainment Tonight. "And I only said one word, and I guess that's the one I take back."
    On the show, footage aired of Gosselin, 35, criticizing Dolovani's teaching style during rehearsals. "He feels like I undermine him as a teacher," she said, later telling Dolovani, 36: "I love how you teach, but you're not taking into consideration how I learn." Outraged, Dolovani stormed off and Gosselin's eyes filled with tears. He eventually cooled down and returned to rehearsals, and Gosselin thanked him. "I've had a lot of people quit on me in life," she said, presumably referring to ex Jon.
    When producers first showed the teaser clip of Dolovani quitting, Gosselin rolled her eyes and made a face at the screen. Cheryl Burke tried to give her a little reassuring pat on the arm.
    "It was a a tough 30 seconds, and they showed every second of it," Gosselin later told ET.
    But she said she was "fine" seeing it in the end.
    "I don't mind the reality part of it," she explained. "The reality is, it is very, very tough. I am not a dancer. I've said it a million times, and it is so true in that sense of that word - I am not a dancer. So, for me to even be out there ... Ok, so I forgot half my steps? The fact that I didn't fall is truly amazing."
    Despite her positive outlook, Gosselin tanked on the dance floor, earning a score of 15, with judge Bruno Tonioli calling her a "nightmare."
    Gosselin and Dolovani didn't sit together throughout the show (unless they were on camera). Gosselin looked tired and upset the whole night.
    But when the show was over, Gosselin hugged Dolovani and said "I'm so sorry." Dovolani appeared to be reasoning with her about what went wrong. She smiled as she did some press, but "you could tell she was unhappy," a witness tells UsMagazine.com.
    Tell Us: Was Tony wrong to "quit" on Kate?
    News - Tony Dovolani: I Regret Telling Kate Gosselin "I Quit" - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

DWTS' Maks, Erin Andrews Play Coy on Romance Rumors

Tuesday – March 30, 2010

Dancing with the Stars partners Maksim "Maks" Chmerkovskiy and Erin Andrews played coy when asked about rumors that they're heating up off the dance floor.
    "We're married already!" Chmerkovskiy, 30, joked with UsMagazine.com after Monday's show. "We're way past the point of anything else."
    Their chemistry was obvious on the dance floor as he and the ESPN correspondent, 31, earned a 23 for their fox trot.
    "I think this dance really fit my personality more, and we just had a great time out there," she told Us.
    Chmerkovskiy told Us he is impressed at how much his partner (a former four-year member of the University of Florida Dazzlers) has grown.
    "She is a really hard worker, and although we still have a lot of work to do, I am confident she'll stay in the competition," he told Us. "She needs to show everyone the true potential of what she can do."
    Ironically, Andrews' sister is a professional dancer.
    "She says everything that Maks says!" Andrews told Us. "She's like his echo. I listen to anything she or Maks says!"

News - DWTS' Maks, Erin Andrews Play Coy on Romance Rumors - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3866139;
    DWTS' Maks, Erin Andrews Play Coy on Romance Rumors

Tuesday – March 30, 2010

News - DWTS' Maks, Erin Andrews Play Coy on Romance Rumors - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    Maybe they'll have a menage a trois and that will be featured in Maxim or Playboy.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Some (actually, a lot) of this stuff needs to not be reported.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

That US article summed up two things: Kate wasn't likely expecting such a bad edit, and she and Tony really are putting on a front.

to the Erin/Maks clip! They both deserve such happiness after the year they both had. I hate how some people are calling Erin a hypocrite for doing this show which requires her to wear skimpy outfits. What do they want her to do, stay locked behind closed doors with the lights on 24/7 and her home booby trapped for the rest of her life?

Kate Gosselin Wanted Her 'DWTS' Partner Fired | PopEater.com

Sources backstage at 'Dancing With the Stars' tell me the sparring between Kate Gosselin and partner Tony Dovolani that we saw last night is just the tip of the iceberg, and that things escalated so quickly that Kate insisted Tony get the boot from the show! However, from what I'm hearing, it's not Tony who's the problem.

"Everyone involved in the show thinks Kate is impossible. We all feel very sorry that poor Tony got paired up with her. She talks to him as if he is her ninth child," sources tell me. "At one point things got so bad that Kate demanded that the shows producers fire Tony and get her a new partner. However, everyone would rather get rid of her than Tony, who is loved by all the staff."

During the March 29 broadcast, video showed Kate and Tony clashing during a rehearsal. Dovolani walked out on Gosselin after she questioned his technique, arguing that what he was teaching her was "wrong." Gosselin teared up on camera, and it looked as though she was going to quit. But they finally pulled through and danced the Jive for the show, despite Dovolani saying on camera that he should quit.

Tony has since apologized for his "quit" taunt, and now has decided he needs to keep on 'Dancing' no matter how "impossible" Kate may be. Unfortunately for the two, they scored just 15 out of 30 points, and may be eliminated this week.

TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen TV Ratings for Monday, March 29, 2010: Dancing With the Stars ratings, House ratings, 24 ratings, Chuck ratings, Castle ratings, Trauma ratings, Law & Order Ratings, Chuck vs. The American Hero ratings, Life Unexpected r

Ratings are still high but down slightly; and not hard to beat the competition when most are in re-runs

On a night when CBS was entirely in repeat mode save for a new episode of Rules of Engagement and FOX aired a House repeat, ABC easily won the night led by Dancing With the Stars. Despite the repeats, CBS was comfortably in second place.

Dancing With the Stars scored a 5.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 22.56 million viewers between 8p-10p. That’s down from last week when it averaged a 6.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 23.9 million viewers (rose to 6.4 and 24.2 million in the final numbers).

+ Reply to Thread