+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 232 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

From the Chicago Sun-Times:
    'Stars' staff waiting for Kate Gosselin to dance away :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

Evidently the entire staff hates Kate.

‘‘Kate is without doubt the biggest diva to appear on the show — and that’s saying a lot!’’

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3861600;
    It could be worse. It could be that woman (and family) with 18 or 19 kids who now has a show. They just keep having kids, I guess, to show you can?

She could come on pregnant with #20.
    OMG.

I hate to laugh at it, but it could be like Heather Mills' season. People kept watching to see if something would happen to the leg!
    If that woman with the huge family came on the show pregnant, everybody would be waiting for her to have her water break on camera!
    I see a Mike Fleiss production here!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3861978;
    'Stars' staff waiting for Kate Gosselin to dance away :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

I was just going to post about that. And interestingly Shannen is being complimented!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I thought Shannen came across as sweet and Kate as softer than usual, but neither of those personas made for compelling television, IMHO.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;3862118;
    I thought Shannen came across as sweet and Kate as softer than usual, but neither of those personas made for compelling television, IMHO.
    You really thought there was softness in Kate? Maybe because of the pink dress? Or the very minimal amount of fluid movement she had in the dance?
    I actually thought she came across as the ice queen she typically appears to be.
    Now, Shannon - I did see sweetness in her. Don't know the details of her diva reputation, but give me a sob story like a parent recovering from a stroke and I'm a Kleenex away from sobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3861978;

I was laughing while reading this about Pam and Buzz striking up a friendship. Mr. Rattus said of course, space man and space cadet (he likes Pam just fine).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3862138;
    You really thought there was softness in Kate? Maybe because of the pink dress? Or the very minimal amount of fluid movement she had in the dance?
    I actually thought she came across as the ice queen she typically appears to be.
    Now, Shannon - I did see sweetness in her. Don't know the details of her diva reputation, but give me a sob story like a parent recovering from a stroke and I'm a Kleenex away from sobbing.
    LOL, maybe it was the dress! I thought she was trying to be demure and soft-spoken in general, to come across as "just another working mom doing my job." She did look pretty serious during the scoring. [I think I would cry if Bruno scored anything I did, lol.] Anyway, I don't want to go too far on a tangent, but I think the reason Kate is a star is because her dynamic with her ex made watching them like a social experiment, and now she is trying to just present herself as a regular working person. I think what I was originally tyring to say is that she was more interesting for TV purposes as someone who had a dramatic conflict and now she (nor Shannen) does not. KWIM?

I did almost cry re Shannen and her dad. Like another poster said, though, it's a dance contest not a sympathy contest, and too much sympathy doesn't make for a great reality ballroom show.

Ex claims Jake Pavelka tried to rig ‘Bachelor’

By Ree Hines
    msnbc.com contributor
    updated 9:21 p.m. ET March 24, 2010

Just days after his “Dancing With the Stars” debut, pilot Jake Pavelka stands accused of attempting to rig his last reality TV competition.

According to ex-girlfriend Tanya Douglas, Pavelka accepted the role as leading man on the “The Bachelor” because he was desperate for fame, flat broke and hopeful that he could pull a fast one over on the show’s producers.

“(Jake) told me, ‘I know a way I can get out of this financial burden — I could be ‘The Bachelor,’ ” Douglas revealed in interview with Life & Style. “‘Maybe I can persuade the producers to let you be on the show and be one of the 25 contestants, and then it’s rigged for me the whole time, and in the end we can still be together and have the money.’ ”

Douglas went on to claim that Pavelka professed his feelings for her both before his “Bachelor” stint and after he proposed to Vienna Girardi on the show’s finale, proving his feelings for the final rose holder aren’t exactly what they appear to be.

“Vienna is being lied to,” Douglas told the magazine. “The person Jake is on TV is a different person than when he was with me.”

Not that Douglas is convinced she’s still the object of Pavelka’s affections, either, as she added, “I don't think he has any idea what he wants except to be on TV.”
    Tidbits: Ex claims Jake tried to rig ‘Bachelor’ - Tabloid Tidbits- msnbc.com
    Last edited by BritLit; 03-24-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I saw an interview with that woman on some show. Something about her seemed just as fake and desperate for fame, but maybe it's just the Jake connection. Vienna screams that to me, too, so if that's what her and Jake want, they'll probably ride the DWTS wave together, and once the opportunities dry up, we'll just be in the pile with all the other bachelor relationships that never made it down the aisle (which is pretty much all of them? I don't count Jason/Molly as he originally didn't pick her). I think Melissa may have spoiled the over eager for fame masses of reality show has beens. She lucked out, but I can't say she's had the absolute best opportunity a person can get. However, I'm not sure Jake will even get that.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3862514;
    I saw an interview with that woman on some show. Something about her seemed just as fake and desperate for fame, but maybe it's just the Jake connection.
    I agree. I hope no one is paying her for those boring interviews.

+ Reply to Thread