+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 232 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3767098;
    Karalott--hi. That's a really interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

I have to say though--that this paragraph seems to have been written by someone living in an alternate universe--

"In fact, the band consists of some of L.A.'s top studio musicians and singers. Trumpeters Rick Baptist and Warren Luening, saxophonist Dan Higgins, keyboard player Tom Ranier and drummer Ralph Humphrey are among the town's first-call players. Vocalists Darryl Phinnessee (veteran of multiple Michael Jackson tours), Carmen Carter, Beverley Staunton and Antonio Sol are not just good singers, says Wheeler, "they're great singers."

Completely unbelievable--as those of us who have to suffer through their messes can testify.
    I've always liked the DWTS band/singers. I agree with the article that they are very, very good. IMO of course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3836910;
    Derek lands in the gossip pages...
    Derek seemed to become very different after becoming involved with Shannon. I liked him his frist season, and he seemed more toned down and down to earth. He now has an overblown ego, and I am sick of his nasty attitude he has with the show when things do not go his way. I would have loved him to have gotten Kate, and had to try and work with someone not so ringer like for once.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

‘Dancing With the Stars’ is a big winner for ABC; contest has most-watched premiere ever – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

‘Dancing With the Stars’ is a big winner for ABC; contest has most-watched premiere ever

A lot of America wants to see Pamela Anderson dance.

Anderson joined “Dancing With the Stars” last night, and the series averaged 24.2 million viewers over two hours, according to updated ratings released this afternoon. In the last half-hour, the audience grew to 25.6 million to see Anderson and Kate Gosselin of “Jon & Kate Plus 8.” ABC said last night was the most-watched premiere in the franchise’s history.
    I hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting famous for being tabloid trainwrecks every season now

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861036;
    ‘Dancing With the Stars’ is a big winner for ABC; contest has most-watched premiere ever – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

I hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting famous for being tabloid trainwrecks every season now
    I think it means we'll continue to get more Bachelor contestants, anyway. But thankfully, there's only one Kate Gosselin. It's not like she can keep showing up in future seasons...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3861057;
    I think it means we'll continue to get more Bachelor contestants, anyway. But thankfully, there's only one Kate Gosselin. It's not like she can keep showing up in future seasons...
    No, but there is her ex-husband and a couple of other clown ca...er, mothers of extra large broods waiting in the wings.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Breaking News - ABC to Encore "Dancing With the Stars" Opener on Saturday | TheFutonCritic.com

For those who forgot to watch, forgot to record, or just can't get enough, ABC is re-airing Monday's premiere on Saturday night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3861083;
    No, but there is her ex-husband and a couple of other clown ca...er, mothers of extra large broods waiting in the wings.
    It could be worse. It could be that woman (and family) with 18 or 19 kids who now has a show. They just keep having kids, I guess, to show you can?

She could come on pregnant with #20.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3861600;
    It could be worse. It could be that woman (and family) with 18 or 19 kids who now has a show. They just keep having kids, I guess, to show you can?

She could come on pregnant with #20.
    The Duggards...yeah...um...hope not. BUT I'd rather see her than octomom.

I thinkg they keep having kids b/c their "faith" or "religion" doesn't allow birth control of any kind.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

News - Pro: Kate Gosselin Will Be "First to Go" on DWTS - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Pro: Kate Gosselin Will Be "First to Go" on DWTS

Tuesday – March 23, 2010 – 11:35am

Who will win Dancing With the Stars this season?

Professional choreographers Dan Karaty and Stacey Tookey agree: Nicole Scherzinger.

"I will be shocked if Nicole doesn't win," Karaty, who has worked with Jessica Simpson and Sarah Jessica Parker, tells UsMagazine.com about the Pussycat Doll, who earned the high score of 25 points out of 30. "As expected, she gave a great performance and she is far and away the best celebrity dancer out there."

Tookey, who has worked with Madonna and Celine Dion, says Scherzinger has a "huge advantage" as a pop performer.
    "She has experience learning choreography and is extremely comfortable on stage," Tookey tells Us. "Nicole and Derek Hough's performance was hands down the best of the evening!"

As for who Scherzinger's top competition may be, Tookey thinks Pamela Anderson (21 points) and Olympic figure skater Evan Lysacek (23 points) will make it to the finals.

"Although Evan needs a lot of work in terms of personality, his dancing was very good," Tookey says.
    Karaty even thinks Bachelor Jake Pavelka (20 points) may go far "because his partner, Chelsie Hightower, will get him through."
    In terms of partner chemistry, Karaty also enjoyed watching Maksim Chmerkovskiy and sportscaster Erin Andrews (21 points), who "had a connection that everyone could feel."
    Despite 80-year-old Buzz Aldrin's lowest score of the night (14 points), the worst dancer -- and the star both pros predict will be the first voted off the hit ABC show -- was Kate Gosselin.
    "Kate delivered the most embarrassing performance of the night," Karaty tells Us. "She showed zero ability, will or desire. She needs to go."

Tookey commends the mother of eight for her "courage and effort" but adds she was "completely unnatural and uncomfortable the whole time" and has "no doubt" she'll be the first to go.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I've seen similar predictions elsewhere re: Kate going first. Oddly enough, everyone's pretty much said the same things about her

I so hope Nicole doesn't win. This has the potential to be such a great season, but if she wins, booooring. Especially to see Derek claim his second trophy (well, at least he can now be in the same club with his BFF and sister ). Hopefully all her experience and the judges butt kissing of Derek backfires. I see Nicole being another Mya type. Why do they need to cast ringers? Everyone this season is what this show should be about; they've all got loads of potential but aren't perfect so they have to work. Nicole's already way ahead of the pack, that's why I'm hoping she becomes boring down the road. I think the final 3, however, at this point, is likely to be Nicole, Evan, and either Erin or Chad.

+ Reply to Thread