+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 232 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

They may very well be great singers -- that is, when they sing things in their range that they've been able to rehearse for more than a day and a half, I've no doubt of that. But they sing songs that clash with their styles, or worse, that are well beyond their ranges, that's where the suckage starts happening.

They should either hire more singers to represent a wider range, or else take the time to transpose the pop songs to keys that the singers can handle.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Decent arrangements would help too.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'Dancing's' Lacey Schwimmer Opens Up About Conquering Anorexia | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

I admire Lacey for speaking out about her battle, as I know that's something so many have to deal with, not just in her field but in everyday life. And what a battle it is.

The clip they showed on TV was more edited and made it seem like Mak's comment that was made over a year ago was aimed more at Lacey. The comments in general mentioned Cheryl and Lacey, but Maks had a lot of other issues with the show in general at that time in terms of the direction it was taking. If I remember, Cheryl took a lot more heat than Lacey from messageboards, critics, and gossip mags about her weight gain. It seemed like Lacey just spoke up at the time to get noticed. And Maks's comments were out of context, as TV Guide, who originally reported them, retracted. Louis wasn't even a part of season 7, but he made what were thought to be nasty comments and they were also retracted.

I hope Lacey stays well and that she can inspire a lot of people by telling her story

FORT Fogey

Unbelievable!

Samantha Harris has started to do some "hosting" on ET!

She's no better at that than she is at her DWTS gig.

Who does she sleep with at the networks?

IE--why does she keep getting hired for jobs she can't do?

On ET she YELLS all her lines.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3773932;
    Unbelievable!

Samantha Harris has started to do some "hosting" on ET!

She's no better at that than she is at her DWTS gig.

Who does she sleep with at the networks?

IE--why does she keep getting hired for jobs she can't do?

On ET she YELLS all her lines.....
    That's what she was already known for before DWTS came up -- hosting shows and red-carpet gigs for the E! channel. She's already been ET's official DWTS reporter for several seasons.

Not that I'm saying she's any good at it, just that she's done it before.

I like Samantha.
    And, having watched this show since S1, I will say that Samantha was a tremendous improvement over the first co-host they had on this show.
    Please, don't everyone pelt me at once!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My vote still goes to Miss Piggy.

So is Samantha not doing The Insider anymore? I don't really watch those entertainment shows anymore, but when I have, I rarely saw her on there. I don't think very highly of ET, because when Nancy O'Dell was originally a contestant on season 8, they completely ignored her and pretended she wasn't there. They didn't even have her picture in the official cast announcement on their site! So Marie and Donny did their special contributions when the other was on the show, Mary Hart was front and center every week in the audience, and now Samantha's joined the bandwagon.

The Dr. Phil episode that Alec/Edyta will be on is airing this Wednesday. The official title of the episode is "Number One Complaint About My Spouse". Edyta had tweeted that they discuss partner jealousy and their plans to start a family. The video preview on the site also shows Robin and Phil getting a dance lesson from the duo.

Edyta/Alec were on Dr. Phil today. Kind of a cute segment. Edyta did most of the talking, which I thought was weird because she usually comes across as shy in interviews. Alec seemed like he was just there to look pretty They came out and did a little dance, and got talking about partner jealousy. Edyta said she'd like Alec to be more reassuring when she comments his partners are gorgeous and he just agrees. She says she constantly compares herself to whoever he gets paired with in the beginning. She said of all his partners, she was the most jealous of Kelly Monaco. As she was rattling off the reasons why, Alec mentioned that was when he proposed to her He said he also does the compare/contrast when he finds out who she's teamed up with and says Cameron, Jason, and Joey were his biggest "threats". Although he seemed like he just pulled those names at random.

They said it's a lot easier when they're on a season together, and when they don't feel shut out of the training process and have a better idea of what's going on and the chemistry evolving. They said it's tough with the media and that they wouldn't want the other to ever think anything was going with on with their celebrity partner. Dr. Phil asked if they had thought about starting a family, and they said right now it's hard because the show is two seasons a year, and Edyta would like to take time off after the baby was born and potentially come back to work. She did say that maybe within a year they'd start trying. Robin McGraw said she'd never let her husband do the show and have Edyta's legs wrapped around him, but says she and Alec would leave them in the dust if they teamed up

Derek lands in the gossip pages...
    'Dancing' Star Finds Himself in Britain's Version of Tiger Woods Scandal

By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 23rd 2010 09:40AM

In case you don't follow British gossip, there's a massive infidelity scandal going on between a sports superstar and his drop-dead gorgeous wife ... sound familiar? Soccer (err, football) superstar Ashley Cole and his pop star wife Cheryl are going through a nasty time right now after she found racy texts on Ashley's phone (again ... sound familiar?), and other reports claim he was sleeping with the woman he was texting -- and possibly many others. (cough cough Tiger Woods)

So while it's juicy and salacious, just how does this affect us in the United States? Well, it didn't really -- hey, we've got our own pants-dropping sports stars, thank you very much -- until a new man emerged in the life of Cheryl Cole: None other than 'Dancing With the Stars' blondie Derek Hough.

Hough was seen exiting Cole's Los Angeles hotel in the wee hours of the morning with dog in tow, sending the media into a speculation frenzy. Cole is in the U.S. allegedly shopping for houses, as her U.K. marital house is no longer a place she wants to live. Britain's Daily Mail, always clever with their suggestiveness, remark that Hough "was grinning from ear to ear as he carried out his pet Yorkshire terrier."

Cheryl Cole, who shot to fame thanks to her involvement in British pop group Girls Aloud and on the 'The X Factor,' became close with Hough after they danced together on a British Christmas special. Hough later went on to star in a music video for the song 'Parachutes.'

Cheryl's soon-to-be-ex-husband, who plays left-back for Chelsea in England's Premier League, has reportedly admitted a sexual affair with one woman who he was exchanging text messages with. At least five others have come forward claiming they also had flings with the footballer. He's currently under investigation and faces a possible suspension or fine for attempting to have his Chelsea team cover up his scandal.

It's reported that Ashley may be hit with a fine up to $500,000 for smuggling girls into his hotel rooms for pre-game romps while his team was on the road. One such woman, political aide Ann Corbitt, is now a the center of Ashley's scandal, as texts and e-mails between the two have leaked to the press.

+ Reply to Thread