+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 232 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Do you think Donny Osmond deserved to win?

"I think so, given what the show is. There are certain things you have to do to win the crowd. Mya was obviously one of the best dancers we've ever had on our show but I think her and Dmitry didn't get the message across how much she wanted to win"

Oh my my Maks.

So many things can be read into this statement.

How delightfully tongue-in-cheek our dear Maks is.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I love Maks because he says it like it is. I notice though, especially this season, he tends to backtrack. Not taking his statements back but more having to explain that he didn't mean anything offensive. I've followed his twitter and I know there've been a couple comments on there where obviously he got under someone's skin but his semi-apology. And he was more positive on the contestants than normal. But I don't think he's ever been especially harsh to anyone, and I know with the culture barrier that he may say something and not mean it to come out that way. I do think he summed up what many said about Mya-while she may have come across as a good dancer, she didn't look to show any type of personality or warmth or energy to the crowd or her partner. Dmitry was always all smiles, but maybe she was just a little too focused.

Though I don't think there's any love lost between him and Denise Richards, as anytime he gets the chance he kind of works her name into the conversation when asked about difficulties with past partners or something along those lines. And obviously he has no love lost for Karina, either. It's really too bad, as they were friends for so long and seemed so in love. I wonder how hard it is for the other pros, who appear to be friends with both of them.

On another note, in one of the post-finale interviews with Alec, he was asked what was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to him during his professional career in competition. Alec/Edyta were actually partners on the pro circuit and he said once, during the competition, Edyta's top fell off. The reporter didn't seem to know what to say. I think of that time Tom said 'Just our luck Edyta had a wardrobe malfunction and it was an earring'

FORT Fan

I just love Maks and his bad boy persona! I think that Mya very clearly communicated her desire to win, but not in an endearing way. She would do well to take a lesson in humility from either Donny or Kelly. Any word about which dancers will perform in the DWTS tour?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3759535;
    I just love Maks and his bad boy persona! I think that Mya very clearly communicated her desire to win, but not in an endearing way. She would do well to take a lesson in humility from either Donny or Kelly. Any word about which dancers will perform in the DWTS tour?
    Regardless of whether it was just "smack talk" or perhaps was only suggested as part of the editing, Mya clearly was seen and heard in a spot by herself saying, "That trophy is mine!" IMO the only way that could be taken is that she wanted to win.
    Maybe Maks made that statement in a tongue-in-cheek manner? If not, he is either not as quick on the uptake as we figured, or he was told to make a similar sounding remark by the producers for whatever reason.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3759610;
    Regardless of whether it was just "smack talk" or perhaps was only suggested as part of the editing, Mya clearly was seen and heard in a spot by herself saying, "That trophy is mine!" IMO the only way that could be taken is that she wanted to win.
    Maybe Maks made that statement in a tongue-in-cheek manner? If not, he is either not as quick on the uptake as we figured, or he was told to make a similar sounding remark by the producers for whatever reason.
    I was certainly not a Mya fan, but I think Shawn said much of the same thing last season "give me that trophy". I think maybe the producers coax them into saying things like that.

Oscar winner Charlize Theron was on Jimmy Kimmell recently and mentioned that she was a fan of DWTS and would love to do the show. Now I doubt any of her people would want her to do the show, but what a great get. After this season which often had "lack of star power" in every criticism, I wonder if TPTB will try and go for bigger names next season. Tom Hank's wife, actress Rita Wilson, has been approached to do the show and has considered it but said she always chickens out at the last minute.

I think one name that could strongly be considered for next season is Latoya Jackson. Not only was it rumored she was a possibility for last season (along with Jermaine) but she was the DWTS correspondent for AH this season, there were rumors TPTB were wanting to cast a set of siblings, and with the Jackson family being in the audience I think she might be as good as cast if she wanted to do it. Personally, I hope it doesn't happen

Maksim or Karina? One's Out on 'DWTS' | PopEater.com

I don't believe this article at all, as I don't see DWTS actually doing this. But what the heck, its slow news.

Maksim or Karina? One's Out on 'DWTS'
    Posted Wednesday 02 December 07:00 AM By: Rob Shuter
    30 Comments

Well hello there, you fabulous gossip lovers! In the PopEater premiere of Rob Shuter's 'Naughty But Nice' column, we've got a doozy. It turns out that all of the extracurricular activity between 'Dancing With the Stars' pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smiroff is causing the show's producers to stumble -- and one of them is likely getting the boot because of it. Who will it be??? That, and other tasty items after the jump!

It looks like all the personal drama between Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff -- who broke off the engagement in September -- has finally cha-cha-cha'd it's way on to the dance floor, potentially forcing 'Dancing With The Stars' to decide which one of their loose-legged dancers they want most. "It's really gotten ugly between the two of them since the spit," a friend of the chest-waxing dancer (you guess which one) told me. Maks himself admitted to PopEater that he doesn't talk to Karina at all anymore, saying "I've got to thank her for being a great instructor in the lesson of what not to look for in a woman." Zing! We'll give that insult a 9 for technical difficulty.

Adding to the 'pick him or her' rumors is Karina's noticeable absence from the Broadway show 'Burn The Floor,' which once starred the two of them busting out some very sexy moves. "Maksim wouldn't have returned to the show if the producers had insisted on him dancing with Karina," said a theatre insider, adding that "the same will be true for the new season of 'DWTS.' All the feathers and sequins in the world wouldn't be able to cover the bad feeling between those two."

Lets hope Maksim and Karina master the peace dance before ABC is forced to play pick the hottie. And remember everyone, work romances always end in tears -- so sorry, PopEater colleagues, I'm just not interested!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3761044;
    Maksim or Karina? One's Out on 'DWTS' | PopEater.com

I don't believe this article at all, as I don't see DWTS actually doing this. But what the heck, its slow news.
    Hmmmm...that'd be a tough one. Maks or Karina? Maks or Karina? Maks or...would there even be a debate????????
    I can't see ANYONE choosing Karina over Maks. I'd actually be glad if this were true and it meant that Karina was no longer on the show. I've had enough of her petulant expressions. There are other female pros who are also gifted but more likeable. Maks, however, is more fun to watch and less easy to replace.

Seems that both are going to be back next season, whether we like it or not.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

And here comes the article denying it. Gotta love the gossip mill

'Dancing with the Stars': Maks and Karina could both return in season 10 | EW.com

'Dancing with the Stars': Maks and Karina could both return in season 10
    by Annie Barrett

Early this morning, PopEater’s Naughty But Nice column posted a rumor that personal drama between Dancing With the Stars pros (and former couple) Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff could force producers to drop one of them before season 10. Reps for Maks, Karina, and DWTS all tell EW it’s not true.

According to a source at ABC, “The casting of professionals is determined by the casting of the celebrities, which is still in progress.” Chmerkovskiy’s rep corroborated: “Maks has a contract that goes beyond season 10. As to if he’s coming back or not for next season, that always depends on casting.” Smirnoff’s rep called the one-or-the-other rumor “malicious,” and added, “Karina loves being on Dancing With the Stars and has a professional working relationship with Maksim. I can assure you that she has every intention of returning in the spring.”
    Hmmmm...that'd be a tough one. Maks or Karina? Maks or Karina? Maks or...would there even be a debate????????
    I can't see ANYONE choosing Karina over Maks. I'd actually be glad if this were true and it meant that Karina was no longer on the show. I've had enough of her petulant expressions. There are other female pros who are also gifted but more likeable. Maks, however, is more fun to watch and less easy to replace.
    I didn't really think the rumor was true. But I can only imagine the uproar if it was. If Karina got sacked, it would come out why, and ABC would be called sexist and that'd cause non-Maks fans, Karina supporters, and even some Maks fans to diss him. I wouldn't miss Karina, and actually I hope Maks gets a partner next season that wipes the floor with the competition. If for any other reason to hope she pulls the b***h face to end all b***h faces. Given Karina's pattern (Mario L. to Billy Ray and Floyd, Mario 2.0. to Rocco and Woz, and now Aaron) I don't think she'll get a very good one this season. Especially with Cheryl and Edyta getting duds this season, and Chelsie and Lacey being so popular. Maks is due a great partner. So he and Karina won't even have to see much of each other next season if she takes an early exit. They don't dance together during pro performances. So unless the show decides to try and create drama by putting them next to each other for rehearsals (like they did this season) they really won't have to see much of each other. I do feel sorry for the other pros that might get caught in the crossfire. I would think Maks/Karina could be adult and professional enough on the show to just bear with each other.

+ Reply to Thread