+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 232 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3751631;
    I must be out of the loop....are Tony and Melissa coming back to dance??
    There's an article above in this thread, stating that among the guest acts on the Results show tomorrow is a dance by Tony & Melissa.

I'm still deciding what kind of drinks will get me through the hour.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3751636;
    There's an article above in this thread, stating that among the guest acts on the Results show tomorrow is a dance by Tony & Melissa.

I'm still deciding what kind of drinks will get me through the hour.

lol...serve them up! I think all 3 of last seasons finalist can dance circles around this years entire cast so I for one will not mind watching a little entertainment for a change.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3751456;
    That last bit sounds intriguing. We can but hope that next season's cast is much better than this one.
    I really hope Derek and Mark get duds next season. Especially Mark, because his head looks ready to explode when he gets someone that he has to actually work on. While I may be tired of Derek, I'll give him that he seems more compassionate towards his partners and doesn't outdance them like a squirrel on acid.

But I'm hoping more that some pros like those Maks is probably referring to get a good chance next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3749615;
    The economic principle of supply and demand applied to the entertainment world? Perhaps when people quit asking for her to appear, she will quit appearing?

I think that if I were in her shoes, and someone asked me to make an appearance for which I was going to be paid, I would consider doing it as well.
    IMO little miss fake bake had no intentions of going back to her life in Texas. I strongly believe her plans were to make it on tv. I feel her gigs she did get were paid for by agreeing to a fake break up and possible fake engagement on the bachelor. Every thing about her is so fake IMO. I have no problem with her wanting a career in the field but be honest about it. Dont act like her fairy godmother or her name was drawn out of a hat to appear on this show. And then her interview when she got the GMA gig how she never dreamed of having a job like this. Oh really Mel what about your DCC dream job of becoming a correspondent on E.

It seems odd-she gets upset her wedding plans were revealed, but she has no problem talking to the media about it? I bet photos will be released of their B/ette parties as well for a fee.
    Exaclty, And of course they were made public. ET or one of them had a segment showing segments of they bach/ette parties in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3749544;
    Fer crying out loud. What the hell does it take to make some people go back to the simple, unexamined life they profess to want so desperately?
    Because she never wanted it desperately!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3751968;
    IMO little miss fake bake had no intentions of going back to her life in Texas. I strongly believe her plans were to make it on tv. I feel her gigs she did get were paid for by agreeing to a fake break up and possible fake engagement on the bachelor. Every thing about her is so fake IMO. I have no problem with her wanting a career in the field but be honest about it. Dont act like her fairy godmother or her name was drawn out of a hat to appear on this show. And then her interview when she got the GMA gig how she never dreamed of having a job like this. Oh really Mel what about your DCC dream job of becoming a correspondent on E.

Exaclty, And of course they were made public. ET or one of them had a segment showing segments of they bach/ette parties in Vegas.

Not to be too trite, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Melissa had to give up her business job to be on DWTS. The job market is extremely tight, and many people are out of work.
    She also does not have the teaching credentials to get the teaching job she spoke of desiring. She has to go back to school in order to get the necessary credentials to teach. In this market, the field of education in a great many states is having to lay off and realign rather than to hire new teachers.

Now, she is being offered jobs in the entertainment field which will pay her and help her to pay her bills. So, what does she logically do? She enjoys the jobs and she needs the work....

Admittedly, sometimes logic will blow you out of the saddle, but not this time imo.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3752011;
    Not to be too trite, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Melissa had to give up her business job to be on DWTS. The job market is extremely tight, and many people are out of work.
    She also does not have the teaching credentials to get the teaching job she spoke of desiring. She has to go back to school in order to get the necessary credentials to teach. In this market, the field of education in a great many states is having to lay off and realign rather than to hire new teachers.

Now, she is being offered jobs in the entertainment field which will pay her and help her to pay her bills. So, what does she logically do? She enjoys the jobs and she needs the work....

Admittedly, sometimes logic will blow you out of the saddle, but not this time imo.

Sorry but I can't understand your logic. If the economy was the issue I would think she would want to keep her job she already had rather than risk it to extend her 15 minutes in a field where wannabe's are a dime a dozen. IMO she went on the bachelor seeking fame not love. I would bet anything she was with Tye all along, or split just long enough to get her foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3752072;
    Sorry but I can't understand your logic. If the economy was the issue I would think she would want to keep her job she already had rather than risk it to extend her 15 minutes in a field where wannabe's are a dime a dozen. IMO she went on the bachelor seeking fame not love. I would bet anything she was with Tye all along, or split just long enough to get her foot in the door.
    You may feel differently, but if someone offered me the opportunity to quit my job and earn in 3 months approximately 4 times what I would earn in a year, doing something that I enjoyed that also had the potiential to lead to further career opportunites, I would jump at it, as I'm sure the vast majority of people would, regardless of current economic conditions. In fact, I would question the sanity of anybody who wouldn't at least seriously consider it. No offense.

n4692u (or anyone), has there been any info on Tony's & Melissa's dance/appearance on the Results show tonite? I'd love to know more details, but I wouldn't be surprised if few details have emerged. I don't have the time to hunt down the info, but I'll be recording it and watching ASAP.

It'd be cool if they not only perform, but also if some kinda recent footage is shown, like their rehearsals or Tony giving his feedback on her wedding plans and modelling wedding gowns for her approval (just kidding, or am I?). I love those two "together" , as in being just great friends and sharing the dancing thing and laughs.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3752077;
    You may feel differently, but if someone offered me the opportunity to quit my job and earn in 3 months approximately 4 times what I would earn in a year, doing something that I enjoyed that also had the potiential to lead to further career opportunites, I would jump at it, as I'm sure the vast majority of people would, regardless of current economic conditions. In fact, I would question the sanity of anybody who wouldn't at least seriously consider it. No offense.
    I agree with most of this, but can also see many reasons that someone wouldn't want to "jump". It all depends on the individual and the particular opportunity, and usually most of all, the timing.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread