+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 232 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751162;
    Not that I plan on watching Melissa/Tony's performance, but he's acting kind of goofy and suspicious about it, that I hope there's not more to it than them just dancing.

I didn't read any of the reviews about the Bee Gees, though I had heard their performance wasn't well received. Send some of our screeching, lip synching musical guests over there and they'll be begging for the Bee Gees to return I like them and am excited to see them perform. I think the show has done a better job this season in booking musical guests than year's pasts (give or take a few, obviously).
    AAwww - he is just happy to see her - they became good friends during their stint on the show - good to see him happy and funny - love his personality - they are good together - nothing hokey LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Ugh! I can't believe they are dragging up Melissa Rycroft again. Why not have a past winner back to perform instead? Hopefully she will not end up being like Sabrina, the past contestant we can't get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3751263;
    Ugh! I can't believe they are dragging up Melissa Rycroft again. Why not have a past winner back to perform instead? Hopefully she will not end up being like Sabrina, the past contestant we can't get rid of.
    I don't know why you are surprised. She is under contract to ABC and her Q ratings are still remarkably high. Clearly ABC feels the need to attract some viewers who have gone elsewhere. As a business strategy, that makes perfectly good sense to me.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Why not Gilles? He wants to stay in the spotlight and isn't afraid to admit it. Plus, he's on an ABC show. I don't always get the strategies like this. I'm willing to bet the majority who would tune in solely for their favorite past contestant/winner would tune out right after.

I'll give Melissa this, I doubt she's as deluded as Sabrina in thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread and deserved to win and won't rest until she's "avenged". But I hope she doesn't become a regular fixture around the set

FORT Fanatic

I would have welcomed a performance by Gilles and Cheryl, but have no need to see Ms Rycroft on my screen again. Guess that will be a good time to go scoop the cat box.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing's Maks: It Was "Pretty Obvious" Aaron's Time Was Winding Down - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Here's Maks latest blog. I thought this part was kind of interesting, about how people get paired up and potentially why:

Some of us are given celebrities that are more difficult because some of us are more professional and can pull things out of people in a way others can't. Then there are pros who production isn't sure about and they're given celebrities who are more in-charge, so the balance is a little bit off. There's talk like, "Oh, I can't believe they're paired up," etc, but if you get paired up with more challenging people, it's because they think you can do it.
    And this about next season:

Next season might be very interesting with the developments this season. There are certain things that are very exciting, from the number of couples to who the couples will be. I will certainly recommend people wait and see. I can't reveal too much!

That last bit sounds intriguing. We can but hope that next season's cast is much better than this one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3751367;
    I don't know why you are surprised. She is under contract to ABC and her Q ratings are still remarkably high. Clearly ABC feels the need to attract some viewers who have gone elsewhere. As a business strategy, that makes perfectly good sense to me.
    I agree, she has a lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751372;
    Why not Gilles? He wants to stay in the spotlight and isn't afraid to admit it. Plus, he's on an ABC show. I don't always get the strategies like this. I'm willing to bet the majority who would tune in solely for their favorite past contestant/winner would tune out right after.

I'll give Melissa this, I doubt she's as deluded as Sabrina in thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread and deserved to win and won't rest until she's "avenged". But I hope she doesn't become a regular fixture around the set

I must be out of the loop....are Tony and Melissa coming back to dance??

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3751631;
    I must be out of the loop....are Tony and Melissa coming back to dance??
    Seems that way
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

+ Reply to Thread