+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 232 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3749490;
    I was absolutely thrilled when I read that Melissa & Tony are going to dance again at the DWTS Results show Tuesday night, 11/17. Can't wait. I think she is leaving Friday to go to whereever they are going to rehearse. On her twitter, she says Thursday (11/12) was the last day she would be home "for a while". I thought she might go to NY for their practices since Tony just arrived back home to Connecticut today from LA and it would be pointless and very tiring for him to go home Thursday just to turn around and fly back to LA on Friday. Melissa twittered to her gf's that she is "sooooo exicited". I suppose she was talking about being on dwts again.

Hey, maybe they will dance their Jive that they were suppose to perform on Week 8 when she was injured and they had to be judged on the rehearsal tape. (3 7's). Great news that these two will be returning to the dance floor. If Mel & Tye's plans haven't changed, they will be getting married next month. What a wonderful wedding gift to be invited back to dance on DWTS.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Melissa and Tye are actually leaving Friday for their Bachelor/Bachelorette parties at the Palazzo in Vegas. One of Melissa's GFs twittered back to Melissa that she was already packing.
    Melissa also confirmed on her FB that she will be doing a segment on GMA later next week. TVGuide.com reported that this segment will be on "Last-Minute Wedding Planning".
    Just like you, I'm hoping we get to see the Jive that she and Tony were unable to perform. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing them dance together again.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3749490;
    I was absolutely thrilled when I read that Melissa & Tony are going to dance again at the DWTS Results show Tuesday night, 11/17. Can't wait. I think she is leaving Friday to go to whereever they are going to rehearse. On her twitter, she says Thursday (11/12) was the last day she would be home "for a while". I thought she might go to NY for their practices since Tony just arrived back home to Connecticut today from LA and it would be pointless and very tiring for him to go home Thursday just to turn around and fly back to LA on Friday. Melissa twittered to her gf's that she is "sooooo exicited". I suppose she was talking about being on dwts again.

Hey, maybe they will dance their Jive that they were suppose to perform on Week 8 when she was injured and they had to be judged on the rehearsal tape. (3 7's). Great news that these two will be returning to the dance floor. If Mel & Tye's plans haven't changed, they will be getting married next month. What a wonderful wedding gift to be invited back to dance on DWTS.
    Just when I thought that I had almost completely and successfully pulled my feet away from the tarbaby that is this show...

Can't wait to see Mel and Tony dance again! I loved the two of them together, in rehearsals, performance, and interviews.

I must admit that I would watch Tony dance with a broomstick, but it will be a real treat to see Mel again.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKCHALK0229;3749474;
    Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani on DWTS Results Show, Tuesday, November 17th
    Fer crying out loud. What the hell does it take to make some people go back to the simple, unexamined life they profess to want so desperately?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3749544;
    Fer crying out loud. What the hell does it take to make some people go back to the simple, unexamined life they profess to want so desperately?
    The economic principle of supply and demand applied to the entertainment world? Perhaps when people quit asking for her to appear, she will quit appearing?

I think that if I were in her shoes, and someone asked me to make an appearance for which I was going to be paid, I would consider doing it as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3749615;
    The economic principle of supply and demand applied to the entertainment world? Perhaps when people quit asking for her to appear, she will quit appearing?

I think that if I were in her shoes, and someone asked me to make an appearance for which I was going to be paid, I would consider doing it as well.
    I thought that she might quit appearing because she wanted to live the simple life of a grade school teacher. That's what she told her fans, anyway.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3749622;
    I thought that she might quit appearing because she wanted to live the simple life of a grade school teacher. That's what she told her fans, anyway.
    Nobody who wants to return to a simple life as a First Grade teacher has a "Fan Facebook Site." Without any teaching credentials. What a fraud.
    It's not only Melissa, the majority of people who appear on these shows, and lay this fake dribble on us, then claw for the spotlight as long as they can....are just gross.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It seems odd-she gets upset her wedding plans were revealed, but she has no problem talking to the media about it? I bet photos will be released of their B/ette parties as well for a fee.

In general, she has no problem staying in the spotlight and pursuing opportunities, even though she said she was more than happy to leave it all behind and go back to her obscure life in TX as a teacher.

Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis and the Bee Gees to Perform on Dancing Semi-Finals - All Things Dancing with the Stars | TVGuide.com

Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis and the Bee Gees to Perform on Dancing Semi-Finals
    Nov 13, 2009 07:10 PM ET by Natalie Abrams

Next Tuesday, Dancing with the Stars will announce the three finalists for Season 9 in a star-studded results show that will include performances by Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis and Barry and Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees.

Keys will debut her new single, "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart," from her upcoming fifth album, The Element of Freedom. British artist Lewis will perform "Happy" from her new album Echo.

The Bee Gees will perform their hit "You Should Be Dancing," to promote the band's new 50th Anniversary collection, The Ultimate Bee Gees. Professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Tony Dovolani, Chelsie Hightower and Artem Chigvintsev will also dance a special routine during the number.

Dancers will also perform a themed number to "Be Italian," Fergie's song from the film Nine, which will be released on Christmas Day.

Which dancers do you want to see make it to the finals?
    That Artem guy, is he the one CA dated?

And here are the dances for next week, with the celebs doing a solo in their latin dances (the last dances posted are the KO dances they would have originally performed):

Donny/Kym: Tango, Samba, Jive
    Joanna/Derek: VW, Cha Cha, Salsa
    Kelly/Louis: Quick step, Rumba, Cha Cha
    Mya/Dmitry: Waltz, Salsa, Cha Cha

Kelly is doomed, and its likely Donny will be joining her in the bottom 2

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3750660;
    Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis and the Bee Gees to Perform on Dancing Semi-Finals - All Things Dancing with the Stars | TVGuide.com

That Artem guy, is he the one CA dated?

And here are the dances for next week, with the celebs doing a solo in their latin dances (the last dances posted are the KO dances they would have originally performed):

Donny/Kym: Tango, Samba, Jive
    Joanna/Derek: VW, Cha Cha, Salsa
    Kelly/Louis: Quick step, Rumba, Cha Cha
    Mya/Dmitry: Waltz, Salsa, Cha Cha

Kelly is doomed, and its likely Donny will be joining her in the bottom 2
    Thanks for the list of this week's dances. Yes, Artem was CA's boyfriend. He was also on the last DWTS tour and performed in a couple of Results Show dances during Season 8.

BTW, another dancer from the last DWTS tour and Season 8 Results Show, Aliona Vilani, was featured when the BeeGee's performed on Strictly Come Dancing two weeks ago. She and fellow pro Matt Cutler also delivered one of the highlights of the season in a hip-hop Samba. Both performances are here: YouTube - Group dancing by Professionals & Bee Gees [ SCD 2009 show 7 ]

Some of the Brits gave the BeeGee's brutal reviews. Hope the U.S. audience likes them better.

Not that I plan on watching Melissa/Tony's performance, but he's acting kind of goofy and suspicious about it, that I hope there's not more to it than them just dancing.

I didn't read any of the reviews about the Bee Gees, though I had heard their performance wasn't well received. Send some of our screeching, lip synching musical guests over there and they'll be begging for the Bee Gees to return I like them and am excited to see them perform. I think the show has done a better job this season in booking musical guests than year's pasts (give or take a few, obviously).

+ Reply to Thread