+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 232 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

[QUOTE=karalott;3745066;]
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mark Ballas. Corky reportedly posted a photo of him and Sabrina rehearsing for the dance on his facebook. Some say that the show has Sabrina practicing with multiple male pros to try and cause confusion as to who actually won. Does anyone really care, or is anyone really surprised? I'm not even convinced Sabrina won but this DAD is kind of a waste of filler.
    QUOTE]

I agree with being sick of the favoring of Mark, but I'm even more sick of them trotting out Sabrina & parading her around all the time. SHE LOST, you guys!!!!! And NOT at the end, in the beginning!
    It wasn't a mistake, or a fluke. She lost for a reason: THE VIEWERS DIDN'T WANT HER THERE!! If they did, she wouldn't have been sent home.
    This isn't just a dance contest. If it was, a lot of different Stars would have won. It's also a contest of who can catch the viewers interest, who can work hard & improve, and who shows a likeble personality.
    Sabrina started off well with the dancing, but her personality came across as smug, entitled & irritating. THAT'S why she got sent home, but she did just that: She got sent home.....by the viewers. The viewers didn't care then, & we just don't care now.
    I say drop the whole Sabrina pimping & bring back one of the Winners or Runners Up.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Miss Scarlet;3745673;]
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3745066;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mark Ballas. Corky reportedly posted a photo of him and Sabrina rehearsing for the dance on his facebook. Some say that the show has Sabrina practicing with multiple male pros to try and cause confusion as to who actually won. Does anyone really care, or is anyone really surprised? I'm not even convinced Sabrina won but this DAD is kind of a waste of filler.
    QUOTE]

I agree with being sick of the favoring of Mark, but I'm even more sick of them trotting out Sabrina & parading her around all the time. SHE LOST, you guys!!!!! And NOT at the end, in the beginning!
    It wasn't a mistake, or a fluke. She lost for a reason: THE VIEWERS DIDN'T WANT HER THERE!! If they did, she wouldn't have been sent home.
    This isn't just a dance contest. If it was, a lot of different Stars would have won. It's also a contest of who can catch the viewers interest, who can work hard & improve, and who shows a likeble personality.
    Sabrina started off well with the dancing, but her personality came across as smug, entitled & irritating. THAT'S why she got sent home, but she did just that: She got sent home.....by the viewers. The viewers didn't care then, & we just don't care now.
    I say drop the whole Sabrina pimping & bring back one of the Winners or Runners Up.
    Actually, it's a bit of a misconception. Regardless of how good or how bad the person is, if a person is sent home, we didn't vote to send that person home. In actuality, we pick out our personal preferences and vote for them, and when the vote is counted, the person who ends up with the least "favorite" votes, if you will, as a result is the one who goes home.

I am sure that there were people who didn't like Sabrina, but she went home not because the majority voted specifically against her but because the majority liked and voted that week for one of the other five more than they did Sabrina.

When Natalie went home a couple of weeks ago, many people were very surprised. From reading the message boards, people had nothing much against Natalie at all. They just were taken that week with other people and therefore cast their votes for those other people.

It would be more cruel to the person, but perhaps it would be more real if the vote was directed more toward who the viewers feel should leave that week. The person with the largest number of votes would be the viewers' clear choice to leave the contest.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I realize that the viewers don't vote the contestants out. I should have worded my comments better. Sorry.
    I should have said that Sabrina went home because the viewers didn't vote to keep her there, because not enough of them wanted her to stay.

Although she was a good dancer, she just never was a favorite. The judges' high scores made up for low viewer votes. That kept her there until she had a bad week, & then there just wasn't a high enough judges' score to make up for the low viewers' score.
    The show doesn't have to keep appologizing for that. It's the way the show works. The viewers have input, or lack of it, & that's what keeps the stars there, or why they get sent home.

I stand by my statement that the viewers didn't care to keep her then & we don't care to watch her now.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3745731;
    I realize that the viewers don't vote the contestants out. I should have worded my comments better. Sorry.
    I should have said that Sabrina went home because the viewers didn't vote to keep her there, because not enough of them wanted her to stay.

Although she was a good dancer, she just never was a favorite. The judges' high scores made up for low viewer votes. That kept her there until she had a bad week, & then there just wasn't a high enough judges' score to make up for the low viewers' score.
    The show doesn't have to keep appologizing for that. It's the way the show works. The viewers have input, or lack of it, & that's what keeps the stars there, or why they get sent home.

I stand by my statement that the viewers didn't care to keep her then & we don't care to watch her now.
    I completely agree. I said as much when she was on her season. A lot of people didn't like her and weren't voting for her. Although she could do the steps I never personally thought she "felt" the dances. It seemed more robotic and choppy. I was the least shocked person apparently when she went home. I knew it was a matter of time because just from reading these boards I could tell people weren't voting for her. I knew it would take just one week where she didn't do well on the judges board and that's exactly what happened.

I'm not sure how she got voted into the dance thing this time, other than I heard she encouraged her fans to vote like crazy for her to do it. She got her wish, but it won't make me like her dancing any more the second time around than I did the first time. I wish the show would give up on forcing her on us again. It's getting old. It was old when they kept bringing it up on her season and it's even older now.

It's the same thing that's happening with Aaron this year. Clearly he's not a fan favorite since he's been in the bottom so much even with high judges scores. The judges had their say this time and kept him. I'd be interested to know if Aaron was bottom 2 or bottom 3 and if it had been based solely on viewers if he'd have actually gone home this week.

I'm not a fan of Mark Ballas and I think that Kristi won despite him. I did like her, but have never liked him. I'm not sick of the Hough's. I like Derek a ton. I like his choreography and think he brings out the best in his dance partners. I love Alec's choreography too, but am not sure he's able to get as much out of his dancers as Derek does. Mark Ballas just annoys me. Guess it's partly my own fault for not voting for either the dancer who was returning or the pro to dance.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

What's killed me for Mark is his outright arrogance and entitled attitude. I said before, the only seasons he's seemed happy is when had Sabrina, Kristi, and Shawn. They didn't win because of him I agree, both are Olympic sweethearts and very well known. They could have won dancing with Adam Carrola. With Kim K., he seemed so disinterested and somewhat disrespectful towards her. I'm not a fan in the slightest of the Kardashians but I still thought Mark acted like dancing with a fly would be more fun. I got the vibe this season again with Melissa, when things didn't go so well, that he seemed like he just wanted out. While I may dislike Derek's OTT hamming, antics, and camera mugging (not to mention the judges love obsession with him, which I guess he can't help) I think he his by far the best male dancer and choreographer on here, doesn't outdance his partners, doesn't have an attitude or disrespect of them, or the judges and outcomes. I don't count his getting upset with Shannon over the rumba because they were in a showmance. That said, I am tired of him doing well every season and never having a partner to really, really challenge him in terms of popularity, dancing, attitude, etc.

As for Sabrina, I'm really over her. Yes, she was a fantastic dancer season 5 and deserved the final 3. She was an out and out ringer and seemed to fit the desperate bill the producers wanted a female winner that season at all costs. Yes, her elimination was shocking. But so was Marie making the final 3, so was Mel losing to Helio. So were a lot of other things in past and present seasons. It seems like the producers are trying to convince everyone she's this prodigy of DWTS who was so well loved and so wronged by viewers. I don't know if they're trying to convince themselves or Sabrina more. She's history. Move on DWTS.

I do think voting for who we want to leave might make it more interesting and would probably not lead to shocking eliminations as much. While people would scramble to try and divide votes for who they want to stay, I could easily focus week by week on one single person I want to see gone. I've read different articles in the media this week about Aaron, and many think it's very telling he's not only been in the bottom 2 twice, but in the bottom 3 a third time with the second highest score of the night. Some think he's got no chance of winning the public over and that the judges saving him will probably come back to bite him next week. Karina tweeted that they've made it through their samba but she feels like passing out each time they're done. Hopefully no Marie moments this week.

Can't wait for this:
    ABC's Sets Big Movie Musical Tie-In Promotion Variety

You can expect to see a lot of dancing and singing all over ABC in the weeks ahead, not to mention snippets of Sophia Loren and Daniel Day Lewis. It's all part of a huge promotion between the Weinstein Co.'s new musical "Nine" and the ABC network group, reports Variety.

"Nine" will be showing up on "Dancing With the Stars" as well as all three ABC soap operas. On Nov. 17, "Dancing With the Stars" will persent a "Nine" production number, "Be Italian," while references to the movie "Nine" will be embedded in "All My Children," "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital."

A two-minute "Nine" trailer will play on Nov. 22 simultaneously on Lifetime, ABC Family, SoapNet, A&E and Bio.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani on DWTS Results Show, Tuesday, November 17th:

Tony and Melissa have confirmed on Twitter and Melissa on her Fan Facebook that they will make a dance floor appearance on the Tuesday, November 17th, DWTS Results Show:

From Melissa's Fan Facebook site:

Fun news: be sure to watch Tuesday's DWTS...you just might see a familiar face back on the dance floor ;-)

Looks like the petition worked - just validates the voice the audience has!! You guys rock!

Oh dear Gawd. It lives! *shudder* I was hoping they were done with her once and for all. Then again, Susan Boyle was on this week, which means they are trying ANYthing to try to boost the ratings...but this is getting pretty desperate.

I think I'll be on vacation next week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKCHALK0229;3749474;

Tony and Melissa have confirmed on Twitter and Melissa on her Fan Facebook that they will make a dance floor appearance on the Tuesday, November 17th, DWTS Results Show:

Fun news: be sure to watch Tuesday's DWTS...you just might see a familiar face back on the dance floor ;-)

Looks like the petition worked - just validates the voice the audience has!! You guys rock!
    First question: why? What makes her so special that she gets her own dance?

Second question: what petition?

Well, I guess I'll know that I'll at least have a kitchen/bathroom/scoop the kitty litter break. DWTS results shows never let me down there

Oh dear Gawd. It lives! *shudder* I was hoping they were done with her once and for all. Then again, Susan Boyle was on this week, which means they are trying ANYthing to try to boost the ratings...but this is getting pretty desperate.

I think I'll be on vacation next week.
    I know someone that would definitely help boost the ratings Well, that explains why she was in the audience this past week. Where's a kids competition or another Ballas/Hough performance when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKCHALK0229;3749474;

I was absolutely thrilled when I read that Melissa & Tony are going to dance again at the DWTS Results show Tuesday night, 11/17. Can't wait. I think she is leaving Friday to go to whereever they are going to rehearse. On her twitter, she says Thursday (11/12) was the last day she would be home "for a while". I thought she might go to NY for their practices since Tony just arrived back home to Connecticut today from LA and it would be pointless and very tiring for him to go home Thursday just to turn around and fly back to LA on Friday. Melissa twittered to her gf's that she is "sooooo exicited". I suppose she was talking about being on dwts again.

Hey, maybe they will dance their Jive that they were suppose to perform on Week 8 when she was injured and they had to be judged on the rehearsal tape. (3 7's). Great news that these two will be returning to the dance floor. If Mel & Tye's plans haven't changed, they will be getting married next month. What a wonderful wedding gift to be invited back to dance on DWTS.

+ Reply to Thread