+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 232 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Not as much as you'd think -- Samantha Harris did it this past summer, too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3743641;
    Not as much as you'd think -- Samantha Harris did it this past summer, too.
    I kind of wish it had been a more permanent gig. You know, one that would keep Samantha busy for this season, next season, DWTS20. Wasn't this the role Kelly said she couldn't get because she couldn't dance? Next to posing for Playboy it seems like playing Roxie is getting to be a regular thing for people.

I think Cheryl is one of the pros who wants to get into acting but I don't know what all she's done. For the most part I think everyone has had a few bit parts here and there, and Julianne got cast in Footloose. Tony had a couple of projects in the works as well.

Having seen "Chicago" on Broadway more times than I can remember, I think Cheryl would make a good Velma just as much as a good Roxie. Roxie has more stage time, but Velma gets to do "All That Jazz" to open the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I guess this is considered a spoiler but the winning pro for the Design a Dance contest is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mark Ballas. Corky reportedly posted a photo of him and Sabrina rehearsing for the dance on his facebook. Some say that the show has Sabrina practicing with multiple male pros to try and cause confusion as to who actually won. Does anyone really care, or is anyone really surprised? I'm not even convinced Sabrina won but this DAD is kind of a waste of filler.

Mark B. gave a radio interview recently stating he had hoped his dad would be part of the cast with 16 celebs. With Corky's small roles this season, I hope that isn't foreshadowing to him being on next season. I know he has his fans, but one season of Corky was enough, and him and Mark on the same season...well, I don't think the ballroom could handle all the hamming, mugging, attitude, and antics.

FORT Regular

Who cares what Mark has to say? Has he ego gotten that big that he thinks he can get his dad back on the show? I think his popularity is overrated just like his teaching and choreography skills. If he did not get Kristi and Shawn, would people even remember him on the show? The scary faces do make him unforgettable but he is not as good as Jonathan or Maks. I forget he won until they remind me. I thought Corky was incredibly rude with Cloris. Cloris was fun and crazy but all the crude choreography was his idea. Then I heard Maks was the one who had to watch Cloris on results show and Corky abdicated his role. Talk about immature.

Karalott,
    Very sorry to hear that. He's probably my least favorite.

On a happier note, I just saw that Susan Boyle is scheduled to perform on this week's show. YAY!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

At least the musical guests are somewhat decent this season. Colbie, Joss Stone, Queen Latifah, Shakira, and Susan Boyle should be a good one. I think there's a couple others I'm forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3745223;
    Karalott,
    Very sorry to hear that. He's probably my least favorite.

On a happier note, I just saw that Susan Boyle is scheduled to perform on this week's show. YAY!!
    Apparently it is not all happy...

In an interview with Howard Stern last week, Sharon Osborn said that Susan Boyle had been hit with an "ugly stick." Yahoo Entertainment is speculating if Sharon will be in the audience when Susan sings.

I've always liked Sharon Osbourne, but if she said that, I pretty much lose all respect for her. Susan Boyle is the example of those who are good enough but don't feel it and aren't given the chance because they don't live up to the stick thin, over botoxed, plastic bad dye job brain dead tone deaf poster child of entertainment.

Dance Center is also back this week! Instead of Len, it sounds like Stacy Keible will be filling in along with Jerry and Kenny. I can't wait to see what they say about this year's cast (especially Aaron and Donny). Edyta is getting ready for her finale dance, and Melissa said they're doing their KO dance, so it sounds like everyone has a new dance for the finale. For some unknown reason, Jeffrey Ross is dancing partly with Ashley/Edyta. He's another one I'd like to see banned from the set I really hope he doesn't do this roast. That thing fell flat last year.

Kelly Osbourne - News

IMDB has a couple of links to the news stories about Mommy Sharon's comments regard Susan Boyle. I was in error, though, in stating that she said it during a segment of the Howard Stern show. It was during an appearance on the Opie and Anthony radio show on Sirius Radio.

+ Reply to Thread