+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I'm very excited to see the waltz, since it is by far my favorite ballroom dance ( and one I've frequently done in competition). Every flaw is obvious because there is nowhere to hide the flaws or lack of proper technique. It is where good technical dancers shine. If the waltz is perfect, you will watch it holding your breath. Perfect erect posture and fluid footwork are the keys to a good waltz.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See - PEOPLE TV Watch

Thriller Night: The Dancing with the Stars pro dancers performed to a medley of Michael Jackson hits as a tribute to the influential performer on Tuesday’s live results show. Jackson’s family, including matriarch Katherine, as well as a tearful LaToya and Jermaine, watched the tribute from their front row seats. The performers were equally moved. “We gave it a ballroom twist, obviously, but why try to reinvent the wheel? It’s been done, it’s amazing and we’ll just keep it that way,” says Maksim Chmerkovskiy about the performance, which included the popular dance sequence from the King of Pop’s “Thriller” video. According to Derek Hough, the dancers didn’t have a lot of time to rehearse. “There’s a lot of pressure to do something like that. They don’t give us a lot of time,” he says. “They throw us in a room and go, ‘Do this in like two hours.’”

Back In Action: Derek returned to his rightful spot — alongside partner Joanna Krupa — Tuesday night after he was sidelined with the flu and Maksim filled in while he got better. “I’m weak, but I’m fine,” says Hough. Krupa is trying not to get what he had. “It’s not the flu. It’s a cold,” says the model, who was carrying bottled water to keep hydrated. And after a difficult performance on Monday, she’s thankful to have her partner back. “I didn’t want to leave like this. If I leave, I want to leave with him,” she says. Good thing she was safe!

Two to Tango: Kelly Osbourne was still barefoot at Tuesday night’s elimination round after she injured her right foot performing the tango the night before. She was thankful her father, Ozzy Osbourne, was there to take care of her as she was taken to the hospital by ambulance. “When I was in the wheelchair, he was taking me on joy rides up and down the halls,” she says. “He asked the ambulance man if he could drive, and he said no. And my dad said, ‘But I’ve got my license now.’”

One Stage Isn’t Enough: Musical guests normally perform on the main stage in front of the orchestra pit. But not this time! Norah Jones, who sang a new song from her upcoming album Fall, had a stage built on the opposite side. In fact, 97 seats were removed from the audience configuration to accommodate the Grammy award-winning singer.

Teacher’s Pet: Donny Osmond and his partner Kym Johnson were given the honor of dancing the encore performance of their tango, but Osmond couldn’t resist adding a couple of new moves. “I started changing the choreography,” he says. “I stayed in character but kept spinning.” Johnson says she was surprised, but danced along: “I was helpless and in his arms.” –Elaine Aradillas
    I love that line about Ozzy

And hopefully this will be a big fat no:

Mark Ballas' Girlfriend Is Ready to Rumba - E! Online

I hear Mark gets defensive when anyone attacks Joanna, so I can't imagine the attitude he'd have if she didn't get perfect 10's all season or win.

FORT Fogey

I hadn't planned on watching Melissa on GMA but I did end up getting to see most of it.

I was very impressed with her work on that report--which included her trying on wedding dresses for herself.

They also had a fashion show of numerous wedding dresses.

I was very surprised at how good she was at this. She seemed so natural.

It seems that Melissa can do lots of things-and do them well..
    More power to her.

BTW--they did not give the date of her wedding but they said that it was "coming soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3733952;
    I hadn't planned on watching Melissa on GMA but I did end up getting to see most of it.

I was very impressed with her work on that report--which included her trying on wedding dresses for herself.

They also had a fashion show of numerous wedding dresses.

I was very surprised at how good she was at this. She seemed so natural.

It seems that Melissa can do lots of things-and do them well..
    More power to her.

BTW--they did not give the date of her wedding but they said that it was "coming soon."
    I watched a few of her segments that she's done on GMA, I think she does a wonderful job. She's very natural on the camera, and makes you feel like you're talking to the girl next door. Given the topics that she does (up beat, fun) it's perfect for her. I'm very happy for her and that things have turned out well for her.

I was wondering if Mark and Sabrina are still friends? It would be funny if he's chosen to dance with her

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3732703;
    All I know is the man in one of the other couples is a soap star. Wish I had heard who it was. Thanks for the info
    You were right, it's Greg Vaughn and his wife. The other couple is football player Glenn Catrez (sp?) and his wife Brande Roderick. I read the two people I mentioned in a press release, so maybe they're being used for a future show

The episode is on Youtube now. I didn't watch anything but the introductions of the couple, however one interesting thing: Edyta said she and Alec hated each other when they first met but she thinks maybe because she didn't speak English well led to miscommunication They make such a cute couple.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3734827;
    I watched a few of her segments that she's done on GMA, I think she does a wonderful job. She's very natural on the camera, and makes you feel like you're talking to the girl next door. Given the topics that she does (up beat, fun) it's perfect for her. I'm very happy for her and that things have turned out well for her.
    Max--hi.

That was the first time I saw Melissa on GMA--I missed her other appearances.

I was very surprised to find her completely engaging and as you said very natural.

I found her to be almost on a level with the professionals who work on the show.

Very surprised but in a good way.

I also happened to catch Jenna Bush on the Today show this week and found her much less engaging than Melissa. Jenna seemed somewhat stiff and I was constantly reminded by her lack of ease that this is a new job for her and just who she is.

Between these two "non-pros" Melissa is obviously the much better broadcaster. I can see her having a long and lucrative broadcasting career if she wants one.

FORT Regular

Re: DWTS Media Thread--Monday nite in Philly area?

In the Philadelphia area our tv listings are showing NFL football instead of Dancing for Monday night. Local news said Dancing would be on after Jimmie Kimmel. Is it like that anywhere else?? Is there a way to watch episodes online???

Re: DWTS Media Thread--Monday nite in Philly area?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3736014;
    In the Philadelphia area our tv listings are showing NFL football instead of Dancing for Monday night. Local news said Dancing would be on after Jimmie Kimmel. Is it like that anywhere else?? Is there a way to watch episodes online???
    ABC has all the full episodes on their web site ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Home usually by early morning the day after the show airs.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Regular

You can also just watch the dances on youtube in the ABC Network channel.

+ Reply to Thread