+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 232 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

The two dances for next week are the waltz and jitterbug. If they were going to bring a dance back, I would have preferred the Lindy Hop over the jitterbug. Not that it matters now, but Natalie said she would have had the waltz next week Anyway, here is what has leaked out so far:

Waltz: Joanna/Derek
    Jitterbug: Kelly/Louis, Louie/Chelsie, Mark/Lacey

Apparently the dance off dances (KO dances I think they're called), Joanna will be doing a salsa and Mark a cha cha should they land in that spot. Which means Joanna probably won't go anywhere since it's a sexy, hot, latin number.

Also, TV Guide has a little snippet in their issue for next week about what's gone wrong with this season. Ratings are down the last 4 Mondays by 11% and down 17% on Tuesdays. They show it could be show fatigue and the fact it has competition this time around. They mentioned with 16 couples, there's no star power, and some of the more popular pros are now gone (they mentioned Maks, Edyta, Cheryl, and Tony specifically here) as well as Julianne sitting the season out. They think Derek's shirtless lambada was more a desperate move (he said it was totally unplanned until he heard Len say Aaron's dance wasn't raunchy enough). And they said casting Tom Delay was probably the worst casting decision ever, and say ratings actually went up after he was eliminated. That, and they say there's no story line. No Heather Mills and her prosthetic leg, no jilted Melissa Rycroft, and no Gilles Marini. There will never be another Gilles Marini

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3733171;
    The two dances for next week are the waltz and jitterbug. If they were going to bring a dance back, I would have preferred the Lindy Hop over the jitterbug. Not that it matters now, but Natalie said she would have had the waltz next week Anyway, here is what has leaked out so far:

Waltz: Joanna/Derek
    Jitterbug: Kelly/Louis, Louie/Chelsie, Mark/Lacey

Apparently the dance off dances (KO dances I think they're called), Joanna will be doing a salsa and Mark a cha cha should they land in that spot. Which means Joanna probably won't go anywhere since it's a sexy, hot, latin number.

Also, TV Guide has a little snippet in their issue for next week about what's gone wrong with this season. Ratings are down the last 4 Mondays by 11% and down 17% on Tuesdays. They show it could be show fatigue and the fact it has competition this time around. They mentioned with 16 couples, there's no star power, and some of the more popular pros are now gone (they mentioned Maks, Edyta, Cheryl, and Tony specifically here) as well as Julianne sitting the season out. They think Derek's shirtless lambada was more a desperate move (he said it was totally unplanned until he heard Len say Aaron's dance wasn't raunchy enough). And they said casting Tom Delay was probably the worst casting decision ever, and say ratings actually went up after he was eliminated. That, and they say there's no story line. No Heather Mills and her prosthetic leg, no jilted Melissa Rycroft, and no Gilles Marini. There will never be another Gilles Marini
    All interesting and valid points.
    If you really want to "feel" how bad the cast is this season, go to youtube and watch Gilles Marini. That guy, on his worst day, would blow away anyone from this season.
    I wonder if it was just really hard to find attractive, graceful, non-professionals this season, or the casting people just got it wrong?
    Either way, I suspect that heads are going to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3733237;
    All interesting and valid points.
    If you really want to "feel" how bad the cast is this season, go to youtube and watch Gilles Marini. That guy, on his worst day, would blow away anyone from this season.
    I wonder if it was just really hard to find attractive, graceful, non-professionals this season, or the casting people just got it wrong?
    Either way, I suspect that heads are going to roll.
    I'm hoping that they realize 16 couples was a bad idea. But it seems like what the viewers like and what we consider the bad moves made by the show, they do the opposite. I'm wondering if this was a case of thinking casting an extremely controversial politician, a bunch of unknowns that would either become the Ty Murray or the Gilles Marini of the season, that some story line would break out, but it all went south. Kelly's technically the real story line of the season, but that was one episode of Ozzy's daughter turned princess with the crying parents in the audience. I'm actually rooting for Ozzy and Sharon to take over next season, but I know that won't happen. I just think everything sounded good on paper, including the casting, but even the Osmond can't get a lot of buzz. Hopefully they listen, learn, and improve.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3733249;
    I'm hoping that they realize 16 couples was a bad idea. But it seems like what the viewers like and what we consider the bad moves made by the show, they do the opposite. I'm wondering if this was a case of thinking casting an extremely controversial politician, a bunch of unknowns that would either become the Ty Murray or the Gilles Marini of the season, that some story line would break out, but it all went south. Kelly's technically the real story line of the season, but that was one episode of Ozzy's daughter turned princess with the crying parents in the audience. I'm actually rooting for Ozzy and Sharon to take over next season, but I know that won't happen. I just think everything sounded good on paper, including the casting, but even the Osmond can't get a lot of buzz. Hopefully they listen, learn, and improve.
    Ok, so I'm imagining the ABC casting fool sitting in his cubicle and putting together the list of contestants for this season. He/she sucks at making decisions, so the list is overly long.
    But here's what the idiot was probably thinking:
    Donny = Marie
    Natalie = Shawn Johnson
    Mya = Lil Kim
    Mark = Gilles Marini
    Joanna = Brooke Burke
    Aaron = Lance Bass
    Louie = Ty Murray
    Michael = Emmitt Smith
    Kind of makes sense, eh?
    Except that the copies are never as good as the originals, although Donny is better than Marie - assuming he doesn't faint or try to kiss Bruno again.
    I have no friggin' idea how disgraced (hated by Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Marxists, Anarchists, Whigs, Agnostics, the Taliban, the Moral Majority, the Silent Majority, all minorities, etc.) politician Tom DeLay (as in "DeLay my felony trial so I can gross people out on DWTS") got cast.
    I can't match that dude up with any successful former contestant - I can't even match him up with any successful former person. How about Richard Nixon - would he have been a cool choice?
    I've been told that ABC monitors the major message boards, so I have a memo to the casting guru for DWTS:
    Dear Loser,
    Adios.
    Sincerely,
    SDL
    Last edited by sdl; 10-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Melissa Rycroft is going to be on ABC's GMA tomorrow--Thursday--morning doing a segment about wedding gowns.

They didn't say if this would involve her talking about her gown or just wedding gowns in general.

The rest of the dance assignments:

Jitterbug: Kelly/Louis, Louie/Chelsie, Mark/Lacey, Donny/Kym, Mya/Dmitry
    Waltz: Joanna/Derek, Melissa/Mark, Michael/Anna, Aaron/Karina

Michael may get a bye yet again this week, as I think the waltz may suit him.

The KO Dances so far:

Mark/Lacey: Cha Cha
    Joanna/Derek: Salsa
    Melissa/Mark: Salsa
    Louie/Chelsie: Jive

And the competition mambo.

Does anyone know how they pick the KO dances for each couple? I'm a little disappointed Louie gets the jive, one of his worse dances, and Joanna gets the salsa. I was hoping they'd at least all have the same dance style.

Jitterbug isn't exactly my favorite dance, but looking forward to that group the most. I think Louie/Chelsie's should be fun with all the flips and tricks.

FORT Regular

I heard the dance style is the couple's choice. Chelsie must have wanted it.

How does the competition mambo work? Are they scoring it? Is it like the team dances? I am so confused.

New dances and 16 couples are two reasons why this season is down.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3733367;
    I heard the dance style is the couple's choice. Chelsie must have wanted it.

How does the competition mambo work? Are they scoring it? Is it like the team dances? I am so confused.

New dances and 16 couples are two reasons why this season is down.
    The way Tom made it sound it, it's like a dance off competition. Everyone dances until they drop out, and I'm going to assume last one standing wins? Wins what, I don't know, except maybe they score everyone. There's 9 couples left, maybe the first one to drop out gets 1 point, and so forth. However, this isn't where they're going to have to dance for 48 hours. I don't really get the concept

I guess that makes sense, though I'm surprised Chelsie would go with the jive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3733354;
    The rest of the dance assignments:

Jitterbug: Kelly/Louis, Louie/Chelsie, Mark/Lacey, Donny/Kym, Mya/Dmitry
    Waltz: Joanna/Derek, Melissa/Mark, Michael/Anna, Aaron/Karina

Michael may get a bye yet again this week, as I think the waltz may suit him.

The KO Dances so far:

Mark/Lacey: Cha Cha
    Joanna/Derek: Salsa
    Melissa/Mark: Salsa
    Louie/Chelsie: Jive

And the competition mambo.

Does anyone know how they pick the KO dances for each couple? I'm a little disappointed Louie gets the jive, one of his worse dances, and Joanna gets the salsa. I was hoping they'd at least all have the same dance style.

Jitterbug isn't exactly my favorite dance, but looking forward to that group the most. I think Louie/Chelsie's should be fun with all the flips and tricks.
    My opinion is that the jiggerbug is another one of those dances that "suits" Mya with a very strong jazz and tap background - much more so than the waltz would.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3733431;
    My opinion is that the jiggerbug is another one of those dances that "suits" Mya with a very strong jazz and tap background - much more so than the waltz would.
    I'm a little bummed she got the jitterbug. As you said, it'll probably be a dance better suited for than the waltz. I'm happy Joanna has a slow, non sexy ballroom dance. I'm surprised Melissa would have the waltz, since she already had the VW.

I think Louie, Kelly, and Donny will be fun to watch with that dance. Kelly/Louis should come up with something really fun and entertaining, Louis's snowboarding background should come in handy with the flips, lifts, and tricks, and Donny is just Donny/

+ Reply to Thread