+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 232 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3729611;
    Oh dear...I really don't see anything good coming from this...except maybe a co-hosting job for Kristi Yamaguchi:
    I think I'd rather watch "Roller Derby with the Stars!" Do you think they could possibly find enough faux-celebs and has-beens with skating skills to do an Ice Dancing show? They'll certainly have to do without their usual quota of ex-NFL players.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Didn't FOX try Skating with Celebrities? I know it wasn't ice dancing, but it wasn't like it was good TV.

I know SCD had several spin offs, including a disco version, but I don't think any of them worked. Have they learned nothing from Dance Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3729498;
    And, at least Chuck did a little more than just walk around the floor like Louie. Chuck's two step did actually
    look somewhat like a two step. Louie didn't do anything.
    See this is the problem, the two step is all a matter of interpuration.... Chelsie went to Texas and was taught a very traditional "two-step". But that's not what the judges wanted. Obvisouly the judges wanted more of a western style dance than a two step. Even though Louie and Chelsie's dance wasn't that excitng I think it was more of a traditonal two step. I think that if they are going to throw in new dances then there needs to be specific guildlines on the steps that need to be included. Do the judges even know what a "two step" is, obviously not...otherwise I don't think they would have given Mark and Lacey the scores they did....it wasn't a two step. I just think this whole thing was unfair, and how is it that it's decided who got what dance? Funny how Mya, Joanne, and Aaron got the Lambada?

I'm not shocked those 3 got the Lamabada, nor that the judges went gaga for Joanna, semi-gaga for Mya (minus Len), and dissed Aaron. I think those who got the two step got a raw deal, and I don't think the judges knew what a two step, real lambada, or even Charleston look like. So I can understand Louie/Chelsie probably being upset because I think they got advice, but obviously in the end it wasn't good advice and they got dinged for it. I think that's what was off with them last week more than anything, along with having 2 days to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3729625;
    Didn't FOX try Skating with Celebrities? I know it wasn't ice dancing, but it wasn't like it was good TV.

I know SCD had several spin offs, including a disco version, but I don't think any of them worked. Have they learned nothing from Dance Wars?
    There could an ownership issue for BBC and ABC to overcome. I could not immediately find who has rights to the show from the little 2006 available to me this morning, but in some cases, when a studio fails to purchase the concept (common with new reality shows), then ownership of the intellectual property remains with the original production company.

I recall there being a successful version of the show in Canada, but I may be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3729625;

I have Skating with Celebrities on dvd and I didn't particularly enjoy it. The stars did improve their skating over time, but I thought it was boring. If the celebs can't skate or dance to begin with, how are they expected to learn both in a few weeks? I just don't see this being a success.

I have been really surprised that dwts' rating have been down so much this season. I think I read a couple of weeks ago that the show was down 26%. Two other networks came close to beating them in their time slot last week and I think they came in 3rd in the 18-49 demographic. Last season was just so much better and even though I think the 16 couples this season is problematic, I don't think that can be the only reason. They really don't have personalities this season that the audience just love, like Ty Murray, for example. America connects with somebody like Ty. Also, last season there were at least 6 couples out of 13 who could have won and there was some mystery from the F6 and down, so people tuned in to watch it.

The season 8 premiere was the most watched premiere in the history of dwts and I think it was because of Melissa Rycroft. It was all over the news that she was going to be one of the stars and 17 million viewers had tuned in to the finale of The Bachelor the previous Monday and the controversial ending. I think they tuned in to dwts to see her.JMO

FORT Fogey

Melissa was the reason I hated last season. I loved last season because of Ty, Giles, and the others that had personality. This season has the biggest duds personality wise. I think the only one that comes close is Kelly. She is just a doll on the show. Joanna is so snotty, Mya is so cocky, Aaron is all over the place wrong, and the others all blend together. Plus Edyta left early. I love Edyta.

I think the show is just getting stale. I took a two season break from Amazing Race and now I love it again. I think sometimes the format just gets too predictable.

I really think that next season or mid-season they should do a pro/pro DWTS. I would love to see Edyta/Alec compete against Tony/Cheryl and Chelsie/Derek, ect. I would love to see something different, and finally give the pros a chance to be the stars.

Just heard this on a commercial and I hope I got the day right. Alec & Edyta are going to be on The Newlywed Game this Thursday at 5:00 CST. They are competing against other celeb couples. Did not get to hear who though...sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3732638;
    Just heard this on a commercial and I hope I got the day right. Alec & Edyta are going to be on The Newlywed Game this Thursday at 5:00 CST. They are competing against other celeb couples. Did not get to hear who though...sorry!
    I had heard the 22nd at 9 pm, but maybe they changed the time. Originally I read it was going to be with former Monkee Davy Jones and his new wife, and Star Trek's George Takei (sp?) and his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3732641;
    I had heard the 22nd at 9 pm, but maybe they changed the time. Originally I read it was going to be with former Monkee Davy Jones and his new wife, and Star Trek's George Takei (sp?) and his partner.
    All I know is the man in one of the other couples is a soap star. Wish I had heard who it was. Thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread