+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Last season, Denise Richards and Jewel had commented previously they wanted to do the show. If they wanted a husband/wife duo Ty might have just gone along with it for Jewel's sake. Maybe it was one of the last minute replacements, Holly or Melissa? Could have been LT, considering he nearly ran for the exit before his name was announced as being eliminated. Or DAG, the Woz, or Steve-O.

FORT Regular

It is not Holly because Holly wanted to do the show for awhile but the show always said no. I read in those report after the last minute injuries, the show still did not want Holly but Hugh called on her behalf and convinced the producer. Also they did not want to replace Nancy but Melissa was perfect and the casting director put it as her Cinderella.

Lawrence Taylor sounds about right. He did not seem interested at all. I read Steve O auditioned and his name was rumored early on so I do not think it was him. Woz might be another who was convinced by a "bonus".

Maybe they were looking for something outside the usual singers/models/actors group that always gets cast. Woz seemed really happy to be there and do it, and even accused the show of rigging it for him to win and in the dance off for the first week. But who knows, other computer founders might have turned them down so they were desperate.

FORT Regular

Woz does not need the money either. The show seems to like football players so I think it is Warren and Lawrence Taylor. Warren had a good attitude but I do not think he was too competitive or even cared if he won. He also was late to rehearsals all the time and I read reports how he was the star that demanded the most behind the scenes.

Maks gave a radio interview recently. He was asked, of course, about his break up with Karina. Without going into details, he mentioned again that he was betrayed by everything but that he and Karina aren't going to be friends and aren't cool. I like the fact he's honest without going into detail. He also said this week's dance will be light years ahead of last weeks. I hope so, because I'm not ready for Maks to go

It is not Holly because Holly wanted to do the show for awhile but the show always said no. I read in those report after the last minute injuries, the show still did not want Holly but Hugh called on her behalf and convinced the producer. Also they did not want to replace Nancy but Melissa was perfect and the casting director put it as her Cinderella.
    That would make sense considering I read once the producers weren't crazy about casting reality show personalities. They said they wanted celebs and not some ordinary person that we watch in reality TV on the show. Trista's probably an exception since she was on the first season, and obviously Melissa and Holly. I don't know where Kim K. fits in there.

Next week are the 4 new dance styles. And if you think it's bad enough having to watch Chuck Liddell attempt a country two step...none of the pros seem to know what the heck these dances are. Now this may be an epic disaster Here's what we have so far:

Bolero: Natalie/Alec, Michael/Anna

Country Two Step (pray for these people, because I don't think they'll do well): Mark/Lacey, Chuck/Anna, and Louie/Chelsie

Charleston: Kelly/Louis, Melissa/Mark, Donny/Kym

Lambada: Joanna/Derek, Aaron/Karina

Unknown: Dmitry/Mya. Since the two step and Charleston group already has 3 couples, I'm going to assume they get either the Lambada or the Bolero.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I'm Done with Karina - Karina Smirnoff, Maksim Chmerkovskiy : People.com

Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I'm Done with Karina
    By Monica Rizzo

Perhaps the only upside to being eliminated from Dancing with the Stars Tuesday for pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy is that he won't have to endure any more uncomfortable encounters on set with his ex- fiancée, Karina Smirnoff.

"I feel completely betrayed. I'm done," Chmerkovskiy tells PEOPLE of his relationship with Smirnoff.

Asked why he feels betrayed, he declined to elaborate, saying only, "I don't want to get into the specifics. Let's just leave it at I'm done."

The effects of the breakup touched Chmerkovskiy’s season nine partner, actress Debi Mazar, was well. "I'm giving him a lot of support and positive energy," she said recently.

No Reconciliation
    The two dance pros, who got engaged last New Year's Eve, at one time seemed destined to have a litter of Latin ballroom champs in their future. Even after calling it quits on Sept. 8, pals said the two were likely headed toward a reconciliation – but not anymore.

Sources tell PEOPLE things came to a head when Chmerkovskiy was made aware of the inordinate amount of time Smirnoff, 31, has been spending off the dance floor with her partner, Aaron Carter, 21.

Carter recently declared to the press that he has a crush on DWTS pro Chelsie Hightower – but a source tells PEOPLE that was a smokescreen.

"That's so funny. Everyone [at the show] knows that's not true. That's Karina trying to manipulate things to take attention off her and Aaron," a source says, noting that Chmerkovskiy "had hoped they could work things out."

When asked about the situation, Smirnoff told PEOPLE that she and Chmerkovskiy are "both trying to figure out our lives and work on ourselves. At this moment, we're happy to be where we are."

Meanwhile, Chmerkovskiy and Smirnoff will undoubtedly cross paths socially, as was the case one night last week when a group from Dancing went to L.A. hotspot Teddy's. Smirnoff was there with some friends and other costars.

"Maks showed up with these two smoking hot women," an onlooker tells PEOPLE. "I mean they were like models – tall, gorgeous. Karina looked like, 'Oh, my God!' He sat down and they were just talking. He was cool. He wasn't putting on a show."

But his mere presence with the women clearly made Smirnoff uncomfortable. "She just shot out of her seat and left. I would have done the same thing if I were her. I would have run out of the place crying."

I just got my latest issue of Star, and there's a little snippet in there with some more drama surrounding Maks/Karina's break up. Apparently they were at a Lipton event in LA (not together of course) and when Karina put her drink of tea down, the source says Maks squirted liquid soap in it. Someone saw him do it and told Karina, who just shot him dirty looks for the rest of the night.

Not sure if I buy Maks doing that, but what a soap opera.

[QUOTE=karalott;3722239;the source says Maks squirted liquid soap in it. Someone saw him do it and told Karina, who just shot him dirty looks for the rest of the night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, doesn't everyone carry some liquid soap around with them?
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Week 5 dance assignments are already coming via interviews last night. Dance styles for next week are the Argentine Tango () and the paso doble.

Argentine Tango: Joanna/Derek, Melissa/Mark (which I find kind of interesting since Melissa said she hoped to last long enough to do the paso), Mya/Dmitry, Donny/Kym, and Aaron/Karina

Paso Doble: Michael/Anna, Chuck/Anna, Louie/Chelsie, Kelly/Louis, Natalie/Alec

Really looking forward to seeing Alec finally do another paso, and also to see what Chuck, Louie and Kelly bring to the floor. Can't say anyone besides Donny/Kym excite me in the AT. No surprise Joanna and Mya get yet another steamy dance that's not much different than the other chemistry sultry style dances they've done.

+ Reply to Thread