+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 232 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fanatic

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3699984;
    Maks/Karina are still dancing as planned, but Neil Patrick Harris is the sole host of the Emmys this year, thank heavens.

I don't think they will ever attempt the reality-TV gang-host idea again anytime soon. What a train wreck that was.
    Oh, thanks for the clarification.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'Dancing' with the Diva, the Best, the Worst | TMZ.com

The Diva: Multiple sources on the show say Macy Gray is hands down the most difficult. As one source put it, "She doesn't want to be there" and she has "regrets" she signed on. Another source says she gets so frustrated she leaves rehearsal early -- once after only 10 minutes. We're told another time she blew off a rehearsal altogether. As that source says, "She's just going through the motions and doesn't want to be there."

The Worst: We're told Ashley Hamilton -- George's son -- is not only the worst, he's "painful to watch"

The Best: This one is tougher to call. We're told Donny Osmond, Aaron Carter and Mya are all contenders, but the big surprise is UFC legend Chuck Liddell. Our spies say he's really good and practices like a mutha. One source says he gets to practice early and shuts the place down, with 6 hour, uninterrupted power sessions. And get this -- we're told he's already lost 20 lbs.

The Most Fun: "Iron Chef" host Mark Dacascos by a mile. We're told he's endlessly entertaining, he's having a blast and he's using his martial arts skills to shake it up.

Read more: 'Dancing' with the Diva, the Best, the Worst | TMZ.com
    I always take TMZ with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were accurate. First, I'd be thrilled if Chuck comes out and surprises everyone and goes very far. Not so much for him, I just want Anna T. to do well. The contenders (Donny, Mya, and Aaron) aren't a shock, along with Mark being the most fun. Macy's attitude doesn't shock me, so poor Jonathan Another early and probably first exit for him. Why would she sign on, except to get her name back out there. That's all. Maybe she's not getting the press she thought and is saying to heck with it. Ashley doesn't surprise me either. I was hoping I'd be wrong but I didn't really think he'd do very well. Poor Edyta Season 10, which she'll hopefully be back for, I hope she gets the ringiest ringer. Give her the dang trophy already!

The Primetime Emmy Awards are scheduled to be on CBS.
    Neil Patrick Harris is scheduled to be the host.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Some media articles on Maks/Karina's split and on the premiere:

Even though we haven't seen a lot from Maks/Karina regarding the split, Karina's spoken out a wee bit more and has a little different attitude:

Karina Smirnoff: It's Easy to Stay Friends with Maksim : People.com

From Mark:

DWTS' Mark Ballas: Maksim is 'Upset' After Split : People.com

From Edyta:

Dancing's Edyta: It's Gonna Be Awkward With Maks & Karina - E! Online

And on the premiere:

Patrick Swayze Tribute Planned

Disney's THE LION KING Performs On ABC's 'Dancing With The Stars' 9/23

Melissa Rycroft may be interviewing contestants. She is asking for questions on her Twitter. I wonder if she is doing a segment for GMA or segments connected with the premiere night?

I just went to vote again for Melissa Rycroft for the Emmy for Breakthrough Performance at tv dot com slash breakthrough and they have gone from 15 performances to 10. Both of Melissa's performances (DWTS & Bachelor) are in the top 10. You can vote online once a day up through Sunday, 9/20, the day of the Emmy's, and on the 20th they are now saying on the website that we can vote for our favorite of the F3. I guess on Sunday, there will be only the top 3 vote getters left on the website. We will know then if Melissa has a real shot at winning an Emmy. Wouldn't it be ironic if both of her performances were in the F3?

I hope Melissa wins, but I had rather it be for DWTS than Bachelor.

I would be incredulous to say the least if Melissa, Gossip Girl or RHONJ won over the Obama Inaugural Ball. Actually, I'm underwhelmed by all the choices.

But, internet voting is going to decide this Emmy, and Melissa's 15 minutes keep getting extended thanks to her internet fanbase. Let's see if her lucky-for-being-unlucky streak continues.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Some more scoop about Maks/Karina's break up (from a video of Maks at Radar Online-I don't know if I can post the link):

-he says they're trying to figure things out and won't come out and say they're completely done

-he says there's a lot of good things about Karina but it can take just one bad thing to ruin it all

-despite Karina saying it'll be easy to go back to just being friends, Maks says it's hard to draw the line from friend to fiance and back to friend

-he says dancing at the Emmy's will be bittersweet but he wouldn't give it up for anything

-he says it's all about communication and working things out, whatever they end up working out and the final result

Premium Member

^Just from reading that, I doubt they will work it out. It sounds like he is more into her than she is into him. Too bad.

I went to the abc website last night and watched all of their rehearsal videos and I think Mark and Lacey are going to be awesome. He can do the splits and also the splits with his legs straight out. I was blown away. These videos might have been right at the beginning of their practices in August, so they all might be a lot better now. However, by just looking at these videos, I would say the worse ones are Macy/Jonathan, Chuck/Anna T, Ashley/Edyta, Tom/Cheryl, Michael/Anna D., Kelly/Louis Natalie/Alec. I think Joanna/Derek are going to be really good as is Aaron/Karina, Debi/Maks, Mya/Dmitry. Those who are just OK are Donny/Kym, Louie/Chelsie, Melissa/Mark, Kathy/Tony. Of course, these rehearsal videos weren't very long.

Just two more days!

Are you all going to watch the Emmy's Sunday night. I'm looking forward to Maks/Karina dancing and to see if Melissa and Tom Bergeron get emmys.

+ Reply to Thread