+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 232 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I'm so bummed about Maks/Karina What a cute couple they made, and they seemed so in love, and this break up seems so sudden (as of last week they were still talking about the wedding and about having kids again). I wonder what happened, though eventually I'm sure the who and why will eventually come out.

Some interesting things though, one sight says Maks did the dumping because Karina was "too high maintenance", another said Karina always knew Maks wasn't really the one, even before they got engaged, another says that Karina wanted Maks to take a back seat to her career, Radar Online has a video of Maks saying he still wants the wedding to happen, People says that the relationship has been unraveling for several weeks. All I can say is if this has been coming apart for awhile and the break up wasn't a sudden thing they deserve an award. They might actually have a future in acting. I just hope there's no nasty mud slinging or petty fan wars. Maks and Karina have been friends for almost 20 years, so I hope nothing happened to fracture that. They may have just been at different times of their lives, but regardless of what some speculators think, I don't believe this was a publicity sham.

Is season 9 here yet? It seems like it's taking forever.

I can't believe people are surprised by the Maks/Karina breakup; I was expecting it since their engagement was annoumced. I like Maks very much more than Karina, especially after seeing his efforts and attitude on Superstars, but both have very big egos and I couldn't see them together at all. I see Karina as being very demanding and self-centered in a relationship. I wish them both well, but as mentioned, I'm far from surprised.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3699181;
    I can't believe people are surprised by the Maks/Karina breakup; I was expecting it since their engagement was annoumced. I like Maks very much more than Karina, especially after seeing his efforts and attitude on Superstars, but both have very big egos and I couldn't see them together at all. I see Karina as being very demanding and self-centered in a relationship. I wish them both well, but as mentioned, I'm far from surprised.
    ITA.

I never saw Maks on the Superstars, but I do like him more than I used to.
    Karina - I never liked her much and I like her way less now.
    I do hope Maks finds someone. And, I do hope Karina finds enough mirrors to please her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I read eneregies and as much as I like Maks (my opinion of him went waaay up when I watched him on Superstars)--I never felt any real or strong connection between them. Even when they danced.

I wish them both good luck in finding someone to spend their lives with.

As for "big egoes"--anyone who does anything as difficult and as public as what they both do needs to have a strong ego to get where they are and to stay there. Being humble doesn't get one very far in the world of the arts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3699345;
    I read eneregies and as much as I like Maks (my opinion of him went waaay up when I watched him on Superstars)--I never felt any real or strong connection between them. Even when they danced.

I wish them both good luck in finding someone to spend their lives with.

As for "big egoes"--anyone who does anything as difficult and as public as what they both do needs to have a strong ego to get where they are and to stay there. Being humble doesn't get one very far in the world of the arts.....
    I was never a big fan of Maks' until last season and I watched The Superstars just because he was a contestant. He was a total gentleman and sweetheart on there with his partner, Kristi. I was thrilled when they won in the end. I think they placed 1st or 2nd in every competition on the show. In the end when they got their trophy, they were standing up on this platform and he showed Kristi a few dance moves. Really cute!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Just saw on my DirecTV guide that Maks are Karina are scheduled to host he 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, 9/20.

Is this old news?

Do you think they will still host together? Will be interesting...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3699717;
    Just saw on my DirecTV guide that Maks are Karina are scheduled to host he 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, 9/20.

Is this old news?

Do you think they will still host together? Will be interesting...
    I'm pretty sure the hosting duties are going to Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum and Ryan Seacrest.

Maks and Karina will be dancing on the show. (They have requested separate dressing rooms)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3699723;
    I'm pretty sure the hosting duties are going to Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum and Ryan Seacrest.

Maks and Karina will be dancing on the show. (They have requested separate dressing rooms)
    Apparently they didn't learn from last year's hosting bomb that it didn't work. Maks/Karina are going to be in a segment that celebrates dance in reality TV. I'll be watching solely for that because I'll be curious of their chemistry. While I don't care to get all the dirty details of the break up, it has be curious what went wrong so quick. Edyta mentioned in an interview it's going to be awkward backstage this season, since they're all friends with both Maks and Karina and they all sit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3699723;

Maks/Karina are still dancing as planned, but Neil Patrick Harris is the sole host of the Emmys this year, thank heavens.

I don't think they will ever attempt the reality-TV gang-host idea again anytime soon. What a train wreck that was.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread