+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 232 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2316
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

  1. #481
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I'm so bummed about Maks/Karina What a cute couple they made, and they seemed so in love, and this break up seems so sudden (as of last week they were still talking about the wedding and about having kids again). I wonder what happened, though eventually I'm sure the who and why will eventually come out.

    Some interesting things though, one sight says Maks did the dumping because Karina was "too high maintenance", another said Karina always knew Maks wasn't really the one, even before they got engaged, another says that Karina wanted Maks to take a back seat to her career, Radar Online has a video of Maks saying he still wants the wedding to happen, People says that the relationship has been unraveling for several weeks. All I can say is if this has been coming apart for awhile and the break up wasn't a sudden thing they deserve an award. They might actually have a future in acting. I just hope there's no nasty mud slinging or petty fan wars. Maks and Karina have been friends for almost 20 years, so I hope nothing happened to fracture that. They may have just been at different times of their lives, but regardless of what some speculators think, I don't believe this was a publicity sham.

    Is season 9 here yet? It seems like it's taking forever.

  2. #482

  3. #483
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,698

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I can't believe people are surprised by the Maks/Karina breakup; I was expecting it since their engagement was annoumced. I like Maks very much more than Karina, especially after seeing his efforts and attitude on Superstars, but both have very big egos and I couldn't see them together at all. I see Karina as being very demanding and self-centered in a relationship. I wish them both well, but as mentioned, I'm far from surprised.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  4. #484
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,113

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3699181;
    I can't believe people are surprised by the Maks/Karina breakup; I was expecting it since their engagement was annoumced. I like Maks very much more than Karina, especially after seeing his efforts and attitude on Superstars, but both have very big egos and I couldn't see them together at all. I see Karina as being very demanding and self-centered in a relationship. I wish them both well, but as mentioned, I'm far from surprised.
    ITA.

    I never saw Maks on the Superstars, but I do like him more than I used to.
    Karina - I never liked her much and I like her way less now.
    I do hope Maks finds someone. And, I do hope Karina finds enough mirrors to please her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #485
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I read eneregies and as much as I like Maks (my opinion of him went waaay up when I watched him on Superstars)--I never felt any real or strong connection between them. Even when they danced.

    I wish them both good luck in finding someone to spend their lives with.

    As for "big egoes"--anyone who does anything as difficult and as public as what they both do needs to have a strong ego to get where they are and to stay there. Being humble doesn't get one very far in the world of the arts.....

  6. #486
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3699345;
    I read eneregies and as much as I like Maks (my opinion of him went waaay up when I watched him on Superstars)--I never felt any real or strong connection between them. Even when they danced.

    I wish them both good luck in finding someone to spend their lives with.

    As for "big egoes"--anyone who does anything as difficult and as public as what they both do needs to have a strong ego to get where they are and to stay there. Being humble doesn't get one very far in the world of the arts.....
    I was never a big fan of Maks' until last season and I watched The Superstars just because he was a contestant. He was a total gentleman and sweetheart on there with his partner, Kristi. I was thrilled when they won in the end. I think they placed 1st or 2nd in every competition on the show. In the end when they got their trophy, they were standing up on this platform and he showed Kristi a few dance moves. Really cute!

  7. #487
    Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    810

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Just saw on my DirecTV guide that Maks are Karina are scheduled to host he 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, 9/20.

    Is this old news?

    Do you think they will still host together? Will be interesting...

  8. #488
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    461

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3699717;
    Just saw on my DirecTV guide that Maks are Karina are scheduled to host he 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, 9/20.

    Is this old news?

    Do you think they will still host together? Will be interesting...
    I'm pretty sure the hosting duties are going to Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum and Ryan Seacrest.

    Maks and Karina will be dancing on the show. (They have requested separate dressing rooms)

  9. #489
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3699723;
    I'm pretty sure the hosting duties are going to Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum and Ryan Seacrest.

    Maks and Karina will be dancing on the show. (They have requested separate dressing rooms)
    Apparently they didn't learn from last year's hosting bomb that it didn't work. Maks/Karina are going to be in a segment that celebrates dance in reality TV. I'll be watching solely for that because I'll be curious of their chemistry. While I don't care to get all the dirty details of the break up, it has be curious what went wrong so quick. Edyta mentioned in an interview it's going to be awkward backstage this season, since they're all friends with both Maks and Karina and they all sit together.

  10. #490
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,194

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3699723;
    I'm pretty sure the hosting duties are going to Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum and Ryan Seacrest.

    Maks and Karina will be dancing on the show. (They have requested separate dressing rooms)
    Maks/Karina are still dancing as planned, but Neil Patrick Harris is the sole host of the Emmys this year, thank heavens.

    I don't think they will ever attempt the reality-TV gang-host idea again anytime soon. What a train wreck that was.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.