+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 232 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I suppose Tony Dovolani filmed that other film this summer after DWTS S8 ended. When he, Melissa, Gilles & Cheryl were on Regis & Kelly after the finale, he said he was going to star in an independent film and he had to put on 15 pounds because he was cast as a body builder. I wonder when that film will be released and by whom?

I'm very happy that he got another gig.

FORT Fogey

ET had a report on Donny Osmond last ngiht. They said he has broken a small bone in his foot. It doesn't seem to have stopped him from rehearsing.

I am sure the report is on their website.

FORT Fanatic

FORT Regular

Maks is doing the same thing he is criticizing Joanna about in that article. He hates that Joanna is judging him on edits and he is glad she is not his partner, even though he never met her. Those two deserved each other, too bad they were not put together. She is admitting that she is impatient too so it would have been a tough partnership. Joanna is right though. Jewel said the same thing about Maks and being glad she had Dmitry because Maks was impatient. Like Maks should talk. He says bad things about his past partners. He whines when he has a bad partner and then happy when he has a good partner. What about trying and working hard with whoever you get? You never hear Jonathan complain.

Maks is also delusional. Aaron is not Karina's first good partner. She had Mario Lopez on her first season. Mario, the singer. Floyd would have been pretty good if Floyd actually tried.

FORT Fanatic

Maks is just stating the obvious. Joanna did not meet him, but hoped she did not get him as a partner. And he wishes her luck. That's not whining, that's just answering a question.

Mario Lopez broke Karina's heart. Maks is engaged to her so he's naturally protective of her. There's nothing wrong with Maks stating that Aaron is her best partner. He wasn't only speaking about dance skills.

FORT Regular

Maks did not say Aaron was her best partner. He said Karina finally got someone with potential. It does not matter if Mario broke her heart or Maks being protective. It is revisionist history. Karina has had other partners with potential. Also, I did not see Maks being complimentary to Joanna either. It was defensive. All Joanna said is given their personalities, they would have had drama. Maks ends it by saying he is glad she is not his partner. That's childish. If he was smarter and being a better sport, he would have just laughed about it. Instead, Maks accuses Joanna of going on the bandwagon of Maks being mean. No offense Maks, but at this point, all the celebs have pretty much seen the show and will judge you based on what they have seen before they even meet you. That's way celebs request pros or in the case of Jewel, she worried about getting Maks.

I think in the same way Maks saying he is glad Joanna is not his partner, he is jumping on the Joanna hate bandwagon too. If anything, I would think Maks understands the power of a bad edit and would be more understanding.

I am starting to feel bad for Joanna because I do not think she has said anything as awful as Melissa with her homophobic comments or as bitchy as Heather Mills. She seems a bit like a diva but I do not think she is as awful as people make her sound. I doubt she'll last long but why did Maks have to pile on the hate. It only makes him look bad. If he said nothing, only she would look bad.
    Last edited by cousin_oliver; 09-07-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3693278;
    Maks is just stating the obvious. Joanna did not meet him, but hoped she did not get him as a partner. And he wishes her luck. That's not whining, that's just answering a question.

Mario Lopez broke Karina's heart. Maks is engaged to her so he's naturally protective of her. There's nothing wrong with Maks stating that Aaron is her best partner. He wasn't only speaking about dance skills.
    Not to mention Maks saw Joanna behind the scenes of Superstars. He's not just basing it on editing. He saw her up close and in person Joanna's comments about him being impatient seem to focus more on his edit vs really knowing him. Maks didn't seem anything but patient and respectful to Kristi on the show-unlike another foul mouthed blonde fake model. And I think referring to Karina finally having an able partner is more about her being stuck the last two seasons with Rocco and the Woz-who was anything but able. However, fan base will also come into play so even if Aaron is a better dancer than the rest, it doesn't mean he'll get far if people don't vote.

FORT Regular

Didn't Maks say he did not meet her? He said he never interacted with her and he just went to compete and then went to bed? If that's the case, what is Maks basing his decision on? He was not at that net thing when Joanna had her bitchy moment with Terrell so he would also be basing his opinion on her from edits. I think they are both wrong and Maks is just happy he has a good partner.

Forget the Joanna comment, I cannot believe he would even mention not getting along with a celeb. Just stay diplomatic. Joanna and Maks' "honesty" is exactly why I thought they would be perfect for each other.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3693345;
    Didn't Maks say he did not meet her? He said he never interacted with her and he just went to compete and then went to bed? If that's the case, what is Maks basing his decision on? He was not at that net thing when Joanna had her bitchy moment with Terrell so he would also be basing his opinion on her from edits. I think they are both wrong and Maks is just happy he has a good partner.

Forget the Joanna comment, I cannot believe he would even mention not getting along with a celeb. Just stay diplomatic. Joanna and Maks' "honesty" is exactly why I thought they would be perfect for each other.
    He was asked, though And it's not like he mentioned who it was, although it's probably obvious Now Kim Kardashian and Mark, he acted on TV to her like she was an insect he wanted to stomp. The episode he got eliminated, when they were cutting to a commercial, it showed him running up to his dad and leaving Kim standing there. Maks is far from the first person not to get along with his partner. I'm sure he's happy to have a good partner after being stuck with Denise and having to go out early due to Misty's injury.

FORT Regular

Maks has his flaws but no pro is more annoying and unprofessional than Mark Ballas. I remember when he ran to his dad and left Kim by herself. He acted like she had a disease. I will forgive him for that comment now in comparing him to BallASS. I respect Maks for treating Denise well even if she was difficult. Derek seems to be doing the same with Joanna even though he is fully aware of her reputation. While Mark seemed so not interested that season. So obvious he did not care and that is unprofessional. Jonathan never put forth a half hearted effort or what about Alec. Man, now it just annoys me more that he has gotten such good partners. It is like rewarding crappy behavior.

+ Reply to Thread