+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 232 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3444087;
    It's one thing to be asked and if you don't do well you can always blame it on the fact that they twisted your arm to be on the show. I can possibly see Florence and Cloris asking since they probably felt their age could make them a shoo-in, but the younger celebs are crazy for putting their names out there if they totally blow it. Then again, maybe they don't care about what anyone else thinks.
    Florence might have thought she had an easy in since she would fit the older star slot, and she's pretty recognizable as Ma Brady. I'm actually surprised they haven't had her on for those reasons, plus for the first few seasons she was always a front row fixture. I was reading an article from a newspaper that was talking about the highs of DWTS for celebrities, one of them being it can re-start a career, change the public's perception (thinking of Steve-O here), or at the very least give you an extra 15 minutes.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-11-2009 at 05:35 PM.

FORT Fogey

TV Guide link has Shawn in 1st with 69% of vote, Mel in 2nd with 19% and Gilles in 3rd with 11%. If you go to another poll Gilles and Mel might flip flop but Shawn always has the lead. That doesn't shock me. She's by far the most well known of those left. Could Ty knock someone else out? Sure. He's taken out Chuck and more importantly LK who a far superior dancer. I like TY and adore Chelsie but I do hope their run ends tomorrow.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-11-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Extra has a segment on Gilles tonight.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3444311;
    TV Guide link has Shawn in 1st with 69% of vote, Mel in 2nd with 19% and Gilles in 3rd with 11%. If you go to another poll Gilles and Mel might flip flop but Shawn always has the lead. That doesn't shock me. She's by far the most well known of those left. Could Ty knock someone else out? Sure. He's taken out Chuck and more importantly LK who a far superior dancer. I like TY and adore Chelsie but I do hope their run ends tomorrow.
    Those figures wouldn't surprise me at all, Nova14. Did TV mention if that was a poll of theirs or if that was the ABC numbers?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3444387;
    Those figures wouldn't surprise me at all, Nova14. Did TV mention if that was a poll of theirs or if that was the ABC numbers?
    I believe it's a TV Guide poll. I'm sure Shawn is in the lead but I don't think it's by that much of a margin on the whole. This poll just might be heavy with Shawn fans.

FORT Newbie

I watched Jimmy Kimmel last night. He had Paula Abdul on the show and asked her questions about DWTS. It was hilarious how flustered she got when Jimmy asked if DWTS was a better show than AI.

Quote Originally Posted by InCBMP;3448445;
    I watched Jimmy Kimmel last night. He had Paula Abdul on the show and asked her questions about DWTS. It was hilarious how flustered she got when Jimmy asked if DWTS was a better show than AI.

I watched that too and I found myself holding my breath every time Paula answered anything. She acted very odd, IMO, almost as if she wasn't listening to him, or wasn't processing his questions very quickly. Is she always like that? I also noticed that Jimmy said he had his bets on Gilles winning it all and she said, No, no, no... but still said he was very nice to look at or something like that?

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3448466;
    I watched that too and I found myself holding my breath every time Paula answered anything. She acted very odd, IMO, almost as if she wasn't listening to him, or wasn't processing his questions very quickly. Is she always like that? I also noticed that Jimmy said he had his bets on Gilles winning it all and she said, No, no, no... but still said he was very nice to look at or something like that?
    She's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

There's a little segment on DWTS on Access Hollywood. Everyone seems to get along so well. While Nancy was interviewing Melissa & Tony, Gilles was crawling on the floor in front of them. Tony grabbed him & pulled him up.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

+ Reply to Thread